The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - All Eagle Nests With Ground Observers
 Ma & Pa Sidney -- 2011/2012 Season
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, October 24 2011 @ 10:49 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi! Ditto to everything said above......Elle and ground crew thank you so much. We can watch in our heart's eyes.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 01:50 AM EDT  
sassyk

I decided to get out in the sunshine this afternoon and I visited Ma & Pa. I spotted Ma perched in the usual tree down by the Pat Bay Trading Post and was pleasantly surprised to see Pa perched in the adjacent treeSmile I took a few pics of them and then carried on to the Muse Winery; no sightings of the eagles reported yet by the owners. After enjoying a coffee and cookie at the market, I found both Ma & Pa perched in the same trees on my way to the south end of Pat Bay. Ma had a huge poop shot which I just missed getting a pic of, and I was all set for her to fly off but she stayed there all hunched up in the cool breeze. If the owner of the property is home when I'm there watching Ma & Pa, he always invites me to walk down his driveway to get some closer shots. He watches Ma & Pa all the time and talks to them. I missed getting some good pics of Ma preening while I was chatting with a lady who parked beside me at the beach.

These pics were taken the 1st time I was there from 2:00-2:10 pm. The first 2 pics were taken with my old camera, my Canon Rebel. Click bigger.

Click on image to download

Never put both feet in your mouth at the same time, because
then you won't have a leg to stand on! ~ Author Unknown

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:01 AM EDT  
sassyk

A few more pics of Ma & Pa this afternoon in the tree by the Pat Bay Trading Post. The first 2 were taken the 1st time I was there; the last pic was taken the 2nd time I was there at approx. 3:02 pm and Ma was busy preening. Click bigger.

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: IrishEyes (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:24 PM EDT  
IrishEyes

Thanks Kay... Beautiful pictures of Ma and Pa.. wonderful to see them...Cheers miss them so much.. but thankful we have people like you and the rest of the ground crew to bring us pictures of them..Wub. they look healthy and strong.....Thank you Kay...hug

Helpful Hints Be respectful ..Bev !

Forum

Nova Scotia,Canada.

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 02:28 PM EDT  
stim

Thank You Kay! So good to see them! Ma's looking like one well fed eagle! Green LOL And Pa is very regal. Clapping

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, October 25 2011 @ 08:52 PM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Oh Kay, Thank you, they look wonderful. I loved hearing your story about walking down the driveway and that the owner talks to them. That is so delightful. I am also sure they understand.
Smiles,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: EagleDude (offline) on Wednesday, October 26 2011 @ 01:27 PM EDT  
EagleDude

Such a relief to see some pics of the Sidney eagles! And to read about how and what they are doing!
It feels so strange after so many years to NOT be able to see the nest and the surroundings on the cams! It's a long drive down there and I feel rather lost without that cam connection! Sad

Great job Kay, Elle, Ian and others of the Ground Crew! Grin Thank You

light-candle.com

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: sassyk (offline) on Wednesday, October 26 2011 @ 04:24 PM EDT  
sassyk

You're very welcome Bev, Sandra, Carolyn & John. Yes, indeed it is going to be a very different season of eagle watching next year. It happened when Ma & Pa decided to move house from the Garry oak tree to the dead Douglas Fir tree and it was so disappointing that we couldn't see the eggs hatch and the chicks grow. I will continue to visit them and take pictures of them in the Pat Bay area and at the south end of their old nest property so you will still be able to see them. Perhaps David will relax the rules when the eaglets are visible in the new nestfingers crossed

Member since June 2006

Forum

Victoria BC Canada

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 07:10 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate