Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 04:16 PM EST  
vickrb

We had a lot of fun touring the Island today. It never ceases to amaze me just how beautiful it is. there were some pictures also of the Man of War (Friget Bird) but I need to down load them first.

The previous picture is our Nightingale of known as The Mocking Bird. He sings in the yard a.m. and p.m. So beatiful is his song.

As I took this picture this bee flew into the flower. Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 07:27 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

What a beautiful picture.

They are a little different from the ones in Florida. I used to have one sit in the orange tree
and he would sing to me no kidding. He seemed a little larger that the one you have.. They are cute but sometimes are little.thieves.

Now that flower with the bee is a gem. I hope no one copies i9t that is strickly your wish you had puty your name on it. Vicky.I know some come in and take the pictures. it's ok I suppose but just surprising.

..I have had a non itching day, except the tops of my poor old hand a bit of fire but nothing I could feel
that hurt or drive me crazy . So I think Iam over most of it.now ..
Thanks Vickie and Stella for being there for me. Now on to bigger and newer things ok?

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 07:52 PM EST  

I am determined to get this on , it just blew up again like a couple others WHY??????? Not liking it so I have to rewrite my articles. I wanted to say although a little late;;
This is one of those rare and exquisite moments where the real world not only disarms, but triumphs over the gawdy simulacrum of this particularly glitzy and shallow face pop culture, which does its best to make normal people feel abnormally inadequate.
Hurrah and Cheers to Ms. Boyle...you have renewed my interest in reality TV, popular culture, and (most importantly) the distant hope that genuine people can occupy spaces usually reserved for style rather than substance. I thought she was fabulous. ================================================================

Now then I will explain what scat singing means OK?Ella was THE best Jazz singer there ever was,Scating is a form of talk...
Ella had an indirect affect on the modern evolution of dancing, stemming from her innovations in music, itself. Although louis Armstrong is credited with "inventing" scat singing, Ella developed scat singing into an art of its own: where a singer sings nonsense vocal tones, using his or her voice improvisationally as a musical instrument instead of a speaking device. Like a musical soloist, she would start by essentially scatting the melody, then slowly deviate from it improvisationally into a free-form scat much like an instrumental solo. Just like a good jazz instrumental soloist can do, vocal scatting can change the tenor of a tired old melody and breathe new life into it.

Scat has been used in recent years as a tool to teach dancers how to improvise musically in their dancing by taking the very same move (the very same melody) and tweaking it a bit to create a different physical/rhythmic/musical "point." Just as a scat singer can deviate from the melody in subtle ways that remain true to the structure of the song, gaining inspiration from the other musicians as she does so, so can a dancer create new rhythmic twists in a song, inspired by the flow of the music and the feedback from his or her dance partner. Although most of the evolution of scat singing in music evolved after Lindy Hop had faded into virtual obscurity, Lindy Hoppers have taken tremendous inspiration from it since Lindy Hop re-emerged.

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 07:56 PM EST  

I wanted a good picture of Ella as I remember her and found one. Here she is. She and Loui Armstrong when they teemed together it would make your skin a goosepimply . Oh were they ever good. I miss that kind of music.
Did I ever tell you I won a SILVER cup for singing when I was a young girl. I loved singing, and once while in Rochester N.Y I was with friends from there and we all went to the pepperpot and had a supper, then we heard about the 21ipc. band down at the shore building so down we went. I was beside myself with the songs they played and at on point in time I too was invited to go up and sing with them
My favourite song at that time "Once in awhile" why I never went on singing with a band when I had the chance I will never know. Well I did in a way I was Canadian haha and in those days you did what you had to do. Stay put.
I must take a picture of that lovely cup and post it one of thes days when I feel better,\
.. So am going to say good nite to all my Feathered Friendz. Bless you all and stay safe ok Jean

Click on image to download

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 09:25 PM EST  
vickrb

Hello Jean. I thought of you when I took the picture of the Nightingale. Such a pretty song they sing.
Yes the yellow flower turned out well. I am allergic to bee stings, so I took that picture really quick and got out of there.

I am enjoying your stories. Elle - oh yes she was quite a gal. I can picture you singing too. You should have followed the band.
Don't worry about your posts disppearing, it is happening to a lot of us. Me too. One day they will all come out of cyber-space and goodness know where they will land. We will sure laugh then eh.

I have had a long day and I am going to bed. One friend of mine is coming over tomorrow and we are going to see her new condo. Then we are going out for about 4 hours driving and having lunch and taking pictures. I am hoping I can get in a little walk on the beach also. It will depend on how my knees and hips are. Have been doing really well.

You are sounding so much better. Don't over do yet, take care and hello to Gabe for me.

Hugs Vicki

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 02:05 AM EST  

I have heard a bird "The Lark"
But I have never seen up close we called it a Morning Lark
The song has the most beautiful lyrics one could imagine. It is s0 beautiful I wish I could record it .. I was fooling around and there is a poem and a Lark , by William Shakespeare a very small one and I thought how catchy so I am using it here to
find something. Lets go find out.ok?
Lark Belonging to a large family of perching birds, of terrestrial habitats , mainly from the old world and best known through the Skylark . The horned larks are one species native to America. Their colors and markings very from different geographic areas thus are generally protectively plumaged with mixed brown spots and grays above , and there underparts are yellow or white with black about to the head and throat. There head feathers and dark .

When on the ground and they run well and hop. In flight they have a melodious song. The prairie lark and it is a sub species. The meadow lark belongs to the blackbird family.

Shakespeare
His Poetry of the Lark How joyfully does this
expression in the exquisite song in Cymbeline
"Hark, hark! the lark at heaven's gate sings,
And Phoebus 'gins arise,
His steeds to water at those springs

On chaliced flowers that lies;
And winking Mary-buds begin
To ope their golden eyes:
With every thing that pretty is,
My lady sweet, arise:

So apparently He had a sense of humour too. all be it sometimes beyond me(smile)sigh sign
On chaliced flowers that lies;
And winking Mary-buds begin
To ope their golden eyes:
With every thing that pretty is,
My lady sweet, arise:

thought it rather blaze' he did however have some quite good things
and one was poetry

Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM EST  

Here is the song Ella sang that I used to love. Oh the memories it brings. She was my favourite singer. Bar none.JeanWhistling
ELLA FITZGERALD lyrics - Skylark

Skylark
Have you anything to say to me?
Won't you tell me where my love can be?
Is there a meadow in the mist
Where someone's waiting to be kissed?

Oh skylark
Have you seen a valley green with spring?
Where my heart can go a journeying
Over the shadows and the rain
To a blossom covered lane

And in your lonely flight
Haven't you heard the music in the night?
Wonderful music
Faint as a will o' the wisp
Crazy as a loon
Sad as a gypsty serenading the moon

Oh skylark
I don't know if you can find these things
But my heart is riding on your wings
So if you see them anywhere
Won't you lead me there
Oh skylark
Won't you lead me there?

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 05:17 PM EST  

I( have no idea why the picture is a mile below the original thing I started beyond me...THis is getting to me... Can SDOMEONE help me please????? and find out what is going on ... It certailny spoils all. I suppose I did a wrong turn or something... Right??? I am getting so tired of this.... Jean

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:52 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate