Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 04:40 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

)Copied)Sunday's gold medal Men's Hockey game has become the most-watched television broadcast ever in Canadian history, with an average audience of 16.6 million viewers.

Nearly half of the Canadian population watched the entire game on average, while 80 percent of Canadians watched some part of the game (26.5 million). The game aired live on nine television networks in eight languages via Canada's Olympic Broadcast Media Consortium.

"Crosby scores! Sidney Crosby! The golden goal! And Canada has once-in-a-lifetime Olympic gold!," called play-by-play announcer Chris Cuthbert as Canada clinched its record-breaking 14th gold medal. "These Golden Games have their crowning moment."

Additionally, the 2010 Winter Games Closing Ceremony becomes the second most-watched broadcast ever, as 14.3 million viewers said goodbye to Vancouver 2010. A total of 24.5 million watched some part of the broadcast.
**** Best hockey I have ever watched.. I use to lov the old old games whn I was young that was real hockey ( the way it was intrended to be played) not push and shove to break bones but well doen't to notr hurt, these were the days... Let the new king doe whta they want now.. Popek like it let them yell their heads off but it is not hocket as I knew it. )(((( NO reply neccessary Thankyou Iam just quoting our old folks))))Green LOL..pw for myMug of coffeeonly my green tea in a coffe mug..Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 05:27 PM EST  

Click on image to download You can't beat Maxine for sure...she must have been talking to our son Daniel. haha Senior Health Care Solution
So you're a senior citizen and the government says no health care or pension for you; what do you do?

Our plan gives anyone 65 years or older a gun and 4 bullets. You are allowed to shoot 2 MPs and 2 Senior Government Officials.

Of Course, this means you will be sent to prison where you will get 3 meals a day, a roof over your head, and all the health care you need! New teeth, no problem. Need glasses, great. New hip, knees, kidney, lungs, heart? All covered. And who will be paying for all of this? The same government that just told you that you are too old for health care. Plus, because you are a prisoner, you don't have to pay any income tax anymore.

IS THIS A GREAT COUNTRY OR WHAT?

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 06:23 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadClick on image to download

Love this, it's a keeper.

Monday WashDay

Lord, help me wash away all my selfishness and
Vanity, so I may serve you with perfect humility
Through the week ahead.

Tuesday Ironing Day

Dear Lord, help me iron out all the wrinkles
Of prejudice I have collected through the years
So that I may see the beauty in others.

Wednesday Mending Day

O God, help me mend my ways so I will not
Set a bad example for others.
Thursday Cleaning Day
Lord Jesus, help me to dust out all the many faults
I have been hiding in the secret corners of my heart.
Friday Shopping Day
O God, give me the grace to shop wisely so I may purchase eternal happiness for myself and all others

in need of love.
Saturday Cooking Day
Help me, my Savior, to brew a big kettle of brotherly
Love and serve it with clean, sweet bread of human kindness.
Sunday The Lord's Day
O God, I have prepared my house for you. Please
Come into my heart so I may spend the day and the
Rest of my life in your presence.
******************************************************. It is just so beautiful. It's yours Vickie . Thanks from everyone.Jean

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 08:34 PM EST  
vickrb

JEAN, good evening. Just a few lines as I am really tired tonight - it has been a long busy day. Mondays are always the worst, and having that 4.6 Earthquake at 11:00 this morning did not do any of any good. It was only a bump really, but if it moves my behinder, it is a good bump. Shakes us all up every time it happens now. We have always had small ones and sometimes every day, and we never paid them no mind, now because of Hurricane Ivan and Haiti, if is a different thing. I am just tired of it all.

Love the Aprons, when I got that I knew I had to send it on to you. I love aprons too.

Sat outside with my supper tonight and watched the birds. Guess they were sleepy and keeping the babies warm because did not see the much. We are getting another cold front off the States. Suppose to go down to low 60's tonight and ony up to low 70's tomorrow. Usually it is 86-89 in the day and 79 - 82 in the night at this time of year. So it is back to digging out the sweaters and socks. I sleep really good in the cold room at night so don't complain, and I have the heater in my car so only when i get to work and the big building has a regulated Air Conditioner and it can get cold in there.

Nineteen days Until my grand daughter comes. I can barely wait. Trying to pick up the last minute things so she does not have to pack much. Will stock the necessities like toothpaste, mouthwash, shampoo, soap, shower gel and the other things she gave me a list of so I can buy the ones she likes. No point her carrying them all the way here. She only need bring her summer clothes. I hope time goes really fast.

I am anxious now for the Eagles to lay their eggs at Sidney. Last year was around the 4th I believe. Anyway it is soon. Wel take care and have a wonderful sleep and pleasant dreams.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 09:17 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadClick on image to downloadClick on image to download
Many folk ask the question 'Why is the Shamrock the National Flower of Ireland ?' The reason is that St. Patrick used it to explain the Holy Trinity to the pagans. Saint Patrick is believed to have been born in the late fourth century, and is often confused with Palladius, a bishop who was sent by Pope Celestine in 431 to be the first bishop to the Irish believers in Christ.

Saint Patrick was the patron saint and national apostle of Ireland who is credited with bringing christianity to Ireland. Most of what is known about him comes from his two works, the Confessio, a spiritual autobiography, and his Epistola, a denunciation of British mistreatment of Irish christians. Saint Patrick described himself as a "most humble-minded man, pouring forth a continuous paean of thanks to his Maker for having chosen him as the instrument whereby multitudes who had worshipped idols and unclean things had become the people of God."

Saint Patrick is most known for driving the snakes from Ireland. It is true there are no snakes in Ireland, but there probably never have been - the island was separated from the rest of the continent at the end of the Ice Age. As in many old pagan religions, serpent symbols were common and often worshipped. Driving the snakes from Ireland was probably symbolic of putting an end to that pagan practice. While not the first to bring christianity to Ireland, it is Patrick who is said to have encountered the Druids at Tara and abolished their pagan rites. The story holds that he converted the warrior chiefs and princes, baptizing them and thousands of their subjects in the "Holy Wells" that still bear this name.

There are several accounts of Saint Patrick's death. One says that Patrick died at Saul, Downpatrick, Ireland, on March 17, 460 A.D. His jawbone was preserved in a silver shrine and was often requested in times of childbirth, epileptic fits, and as a preservative against the "evil eye." Another account says that St. Patrick ended his days at Glastonbury, England and was buried there. The Chapel of St. Patrick still exists as part of Glastonbury Abbey. Today, many Catholic places of worship all around the world are named after St. Patrick, including cathedrals in New York and Dublin city

Why Saint Patrick's Day?
Saint Patrick's Day has come to be associated with everything Irish: anything green and gold, shamrocks and luck. Most importantly, to those who celebrate its intended meaning, St. Patrick's Day is a traditional day for spiritual renewal and offering prayers for missionaries worldwide.

So, why is it celebrated on March 17th? One theory is that that is the day that St. Patrick died. Since the holiday began in Ireland, it is believed that as the Irish spread out around the world, they took with them theihistory and celebrations. The biggest observance of all is, of course, in Ireland. With the exception of restaurants and pubs, almost all businesses close on March 17th. Being a religious holiday as well, many Irish attend mass, where March 17th is the traditional day for offering prayers for missionaries worldwide before the serious celebrating begins.

In American cities with a large Irish population, St. Patrick's Day is a very big deal. Big cities and small towns alike celebrate with parades, "wearing of the green," music and songs, Irish food and drink, and activities for kids such as crafts, coloring and games. Some communities even go so far as to dye rivers or streams green!

There's 16 days left until St. Patrick's Day - March 17th 2010

By: Ayla (offline) on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 09:22 PM EST  
Ayla

waveing to Jean
Just trying to get caught up on my reading here.

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 09:33 PM EST  

Ever nice to hear from you Ayla what have you been doing.? Working I bet. We have 2 baby eaglets at the Blackriver Refuge Two cute ones so go see them It is amazing to watch them born but MOTHER IS ALWAYS THERE TO KEEP THEM WARM., when you stop to think of it an egg.Then babyeaglets. Life ..just amazes me. They seem to grow fast. The cute thing was Dad brought fish right away for his wife and kids and to-day there were 3 fishes, now that is a good Dad provinding food for his family, She the MOM sat in snow for a long time never leaving those 2 eggs,completley covered at one time with snow,. Imagine something of a wonderful blessing I say.and amazeing
.Alya I gave up on poor Cee and now never hear from from. her.It seemed hopeless although I wish she would write...I am going to drop a card to see if she is still around. . Grand to see you Ayla. aLways Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 09:49 PM EST  

Click on image to download1 hahahahahahahahahaha Good night all Jean

All times are EDT. The time is now 06:19 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate