You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Saturday, February 27 2010 @ 05:08 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to download

To all My friendz`````````` Jean( The Old Hen)

I would never trade my amazing friends, my wonderful life, my loving family for less gray hair or a flatter belly. As I've aged, I've become kinder to myself, and less critical of myself. I've become my own friend. I don't chide myself for eating that extra cookie, or for not making my bed( oh but I do though can't stand an unmade bed look), or for buying that silly cement gecko that I didn't need, but looks so avante-garde on my patio. I am entitled to a treat, to be messy,( never )but entiled too to be extravagant.

I have seen too many dear friends leave this world too soon; before they understood the great freedom that comes with aging.( That is for sure)

Whose business is it if I choose to read or play on the computer until 4 AM and sleep until noon? I will dance with myself to those wonderful tunes of the 60 &70's, and if I, at the same time, wish to weep over a lost love ( nay, to many haha).... I will. sing though and do the hootche cooche haha

I will walk the beach in a swim suit that is stretched over a bulging body,( Iam tiny)well in places... and will dive into the waves with abandon if I choose to, despite the pitying glances from the jet set.

They, too, will get old.

I know I am sometimes forgetful.( NEVER) But there again, some of life is just as well forgotten. And I eventually remember the important things.(Everything is important to me.)

Sure, over the years my heart has been broken. How can your heart not break when you lose a loved one, or when a child suffers, or even when somebody's beloved pet gets hit by a car? But broken hearts are what give us strength and understanding and compassion. A heart never broken is pristine and sterile and will never know the joy of being imperfect.

I am so blessed to have lived long enough to have my hair turning gray, and to have my youthful laughs be forever etched into deep grooves on my face.

So many have never laughed, and so many have died before their hair could turn silver.

As you get older, it is easier to be positive. You care less about what other people think.

I don't question myself anymore, I've even earned the right to be wrong.

So, to answer your question, I like being old. It has set me free. I like the person I have become.

I am not going to live forever, but while I am still here, I will not waste time lamenting what could have been, or worrying about what will be. And I shall eat dessert every single day and watch the eagles.

(if I feel like it).

MAY OUR FRIENDSHIP NEVER COME APART ESPECIALLY

WHEN IT'S STRAIGHT FROM THE HEART!

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Saturday, February 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadClick on image to download JEAN

By: vickrb (offline) on Saturday, February 27 2010 @ 08:59 PM EST  
vickrb

Good evening JEAN and friendz,

Jean, I love your outlook on life. It is true in every aspect about what you say. As we get older we deserve the right to relax and do as we think best. We will usually do the right thing because we have the experience to know better.But we all also know we need to break the rules sometimes and do what we want.

I have been very busy with company these days, and in 3 short weeks my Grand daughter arrives from Canada and that will be the highlight of the year for me. To be able to share all this beautiful Island with here and introduce her to another culture will be so much fun.

Well, I am off to bed and may even sleep in tomorrow morning.

Have a good night everyone and pleasant dreams to you all.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, February 28 2010 @ 11:11 AM EST  

Click on image to downloadOh Joy woke up to a beautiful day, sunny and springy, My cup runeth over for joy..so have a sip with me. Enjoy the day and stay safe . May go out for a drive later. Bye for now Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, February 28 2010 @ 07:37 PM EST  

Well hopefully I won't get in trouble again but I started reading all my old school book 1933. Speller and others There are a couple of poems in the speller I just love so will put them down here .The funny pictures I drew inside the empty leafs , a kid then full of beans an raring to go.Our teacher was so wonderful . She died at 100 years old in Ottawa about 3-4 years ago. She earned $700 a year school pay and had to walk to school like we did.over a mile a little old stone school house still standing.
______________________________________________________________________________________-
We can never be too careful
.What seeds our hands shall sow;
Love from Love is sure to ripen
Hate from Hate is sure to grow
Seeds of good or ill we scatter
Heedlessly along our way
But a glad or or grievious fruitage
Waits us at the Harvest day.
Whatsoe'er our sowing be
Reaping we it;s fruit must see.

**** Now that is the kind of thing we did for spelling but we also learned by it. I have a few more I will put in later. I have a few tears to dry, this is very hard to do . I was only 7 then now, here Iam in my 84th year.Kinda neat what?but scarysigh sign Jean I need a Mug of coffee tea in a mug and Left thumb up

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, February 28 2010 @ 09:23 PM EST  

Click on image to download Just to say goodnight and Happy dreams. Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 10:02 AM EST  

Click on image to download Don't ja just hate Monday monings?after the weekend rest. Well another somber day perhaps rain or snow, maybe both, so here is a nice cup a for you to have , enjoy while your here. Not to many come to see me though. I have to go to the Dr, to-day for a perscription so will head out about 2 pm. Not really feeling like going but it;s a must, Oh to be young again... would make my day.
So with that I leave you . Hope all is well with everyone. Stay safe and enjoy the day Jean

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, March 01 2010 @ 01:08 PM EST  
vickrb

GOOD AFTERNOON JEAN and everyone posting.

Well Jean, another earthquake this morning. Only 4.6 and on the opposite area from where I live. On the 3rd floor at work, we felt a few "bumps". Too many of these -I don't like it. Oh to be rich and be able to move at will. I would be gone quick time. Ihave had enought of all this. Like you say, oh to be young again and not have the worries of how to find the energy to do things.

My best friends were in England and went yesterday to Paris. Waiting to hear if they got caught up in the storm that hit there or if they are O.K.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:33 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate