Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, February 21 2010 @ 08:54 PM EST  
vickrb

Hi Jean, got all your e-mails all at once. I sent a reply tonight to explain why the name change affected my receiving your e-mails. Technology!!!!!!!!

Have a great sleep and tty tomorrow when I get home from work.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 22 2010 @ 01:17 PM EST  
vickrb

wELL, GOOD AFTERNOON FROM CAYMAN

i need to correct a post a made a while back. I posted a picture of a Parrot I took in my back yard. That parrot was not a Cayman Parrot, but is a yellow-naped Amazon. Evidentally someone let some loose about 6 years ago and they have kept breeding. Not sure how many are on Island, but boy are they beautiful, but do have the red cheeks that our Cayman Parrot does.

Trust everyone is fine - I am just online for a moment from work and will check in again when i am home this evening.

JEAN - my e-mail provider is working on the problem AND will be forwarding out appologies.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 22 2010 @ 01:38 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to download Yes this is the Parrot The yellow- napped Amazon. That is good that they are in- larging that breed. So pretty arent they. Jean

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
On the same page I was hunting around and low and beHOLD" My Singing Bird Lane" advertising came up
on the Hancock formum and then I saw this. a Iittle Irish song named Irish Songs mentioned by someone. I was astonded D So I copied it ( haha) and here it is. Coinsitental., had never seen it before..Cute Jean

My singing Bird
Lyrics
I have seen the lark soar high at morn
Heard his song up in the blue
I have heard the blackbird pipe his note
The thrush and the linnet too
But there's none of them can sing so sweet
My singing bird as you.
If I could lure my singing bird
From his own cozy nest
If I could catch my singing bird
I would warm him on my breast
For there's none of them can sing so sweet
My singing bird as you.

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 22 2010 @ 07:18 PM EST  
vickrb

JEAN good evening - thanks for the picture. I had sent all my pictures to the National Trust here and they got back to me today to say that it was not the Cayman Parrot. Here are a few photo's I took that day and it is definitely a yellow naped Amazon. Pretty little guy. My e-mail is sorting itself out and by tomorrow should be 100% fine again.

Click on image to download

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 22 2010 @ 08:22 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadWell Iam sure sorry about that Vickie. But so glad you came on and let me know how you are etc. I have had some funny times ( feelings) but it may be the change over from the med's. I have to get blood work done Thurs.Iam so sick of it. Think I will take up drinking ( just kidding)

. Daniel was over for few minute brought some Timmies over, he has done well not smoking, Gee I stopped Novemeber the 10th 2008 a year and 3 months. not bad never will again either. .Family is smoke free. Funny I have been sick ever since .. wonder why.... anyway it is time to close down for to-night Stay safe all and remember to give thanks for what you have..Remember those who haven't. ;Please give food to the needy children through your local Food Bank.Thanks... Jean

PS We are having one heck of a snowstorm. 9 pm ... Oh well there will be more no doubt.its only the end almost OF Feb. Still got March ho hum

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, February 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM EST  

Click on image to downloadHere is a nice red rose for you to smell, Well it snowed for sure, just got the driveway cleaned and the car now we are mobile if need be. Wonder what this day will bring, I will think of something ... See you later. Jean

By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, February 23 2010 @ 03:41 PM EST  
vickrb

HELLO JEAN

GOOD AFTERNOON FROM CAYMAN

Did you get my mail? I asked you to send me an e-mail and let me know. Also send me one to my work address for tomorrow and lets see if that comes through.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, February 23 2010 @ 06:58 PM EST  

Yes I sent you one Vicky hrs ago. I have looked everywhere and you are not been cut off anywhere. I don't know why people arent getting my mail except it is in a different name.(Jean Lucille Dagenais )Gabe is of no help what so ever so Iam all on my own which spells disaster. So sorry...

I love horses thought this picture was so pretty. Takes my mind off all the troubles that surround me.

Hair do to-morrow and Gabe to the eye Dr. Have to get blood taken too. The day was such a horrid grey and sullen no sun, doesn't make for a very good time .... Did you know that a snooze is good for you daily? Yep... makes you brighter they say haha

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:28 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate