The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 05:23 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Oh what a beautiful day to-day , everythng's going my way tra la
except the pictures. haha I really pulled a good one... with umpteen brackets to look at I chose the wrong one, and the tiny picture of me that I didn't want on appeared. Now how is that for stupid;s part, but Gemini came to my rescue. After I went hoarse calling for Help....I now have a detailed sheet and as soon as Gabe copies it for me on his printer the better I will be. Right now I wouldn't touch it with a ten foot pole haha
THings are ok the little forum is locked up and just a memory of 3-4 years,, that I realy enjoyed.. Meeting some great people and just having a blast, I so enjoy doing things like that, I love poerty and music, so I expect I will put some poetry o.n The fact is I loved the 1700's era and up, people then I read about fasinate me. I loved the style and especially the roaring twenties.
Of course I was born in 1926 = a 9 in numeroligy ( I do that for a pastime) no one else's though
The jass age became my love of music. My Mom was a beautiful lady and had a beehive hairdue,I remember later in her old years she said she hated it...and hid the picture a large framed one I could never find it . I would have loved to have had it. There you go, I had a rather bizzare hairdue of my own making , I loved page boy, and I think you all say it on the old forum. the jass age was super and I dance as much as I could, I have a hat Mom wore can you believe that..... gorgious...... feathers galore,,but then came the "Great Depression " I recall a bit of it and have written about it. We were lucky to have had a farm . I have a letter from a lady who lived in Saskatchewan and it was a Thankyou note for Grandpa having sent a bushel of Potatoes to her. Daniel will have that when I pass over...and all the goodies I saved during my lifetime. I of course love antique furniture my Cousin Paul the Dr, retired has a hobby of refinishing old furniture and that is what I used to do.. It is very rewarding . He just showed me a smart ripple maple small table and he found that it was own by a Dr. in 1920 so he is going to try look up the importance of it I think there is some writing and I cannot get it to move up Oh well maybe I talk to much... Jean

Have to runa no but I know I get carried away and possibly you get bored but for me I love Histoy I have said several times,. I will tell you all about the jazz age, ok

By: vickrb (offline) on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 07:41 PM EST  
vickrb

Oh yes Jean, You can tell stories. Don't ever think I would be bored, I love to hear what other people have to share and especially experiences related to history. Antique furniture is one of my favorite ways to pass the time. My Mom had a lot but I never ended up with any because I was never settled in one place for long. My daughter has her cedar chest and gramma's (My gramma)'s bedroom suite.

I will look forward to hearing about the Jazz era. Oh and I remember the page boy - used to have one myself. I even remember the bee-hive hair do's. I used to keep mine in a french roll a lot and curls piled high over it on the top of my head.

Well I am going to say good night now - take care and I will be back.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Thursday, January 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM EST  

I hope you do come back Vicki, you are very welcome
I will say good nite to all my feathered friendz wherever they are :elove
I hope Gloria will find us ok. She has a new Doggie I think...
sleepy Sleepy Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 03:55 PM EST  

Well Its another sunny but a little cold -10c but can't complain to much though it is winter ... Our birdfeeder is jammed with tiny birds and big birds, Oh how I love to see them We have a couple of upside down ones, you know they go down the trees head ist they are called nuthatches, So cuteNodding yes The beautidul Cardinal and his wife are back
The feeder was empty for a few days because of Gabe;s health I would have had to get a ladder and do out with a b pail of seens , so our son filled it for us. And now they have all come back inclusing that miserable black squirreL. He is pretty though

I find on here an awful waste of space , Like an oasis. Well there are some things like big pictures too so maybe it had it;s use... am going to try and see if I a can get a picture on now . Oh I dread this.... Here we go Gee only 2 spaces left oh well life is like that when your on the bottom of the totem pole ( just a saying)Rolling on floor laughing for brains , now for a Mug of coffee I will soon bring a note about Jazz, my kind of music, but I have to go been on here to long..
By for now Jean (wow I did it)Wink.

Click on image to download

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 04:13 PM EST  
Velma Flann

ClappingClappingClapping Wonderful Jean!!!! I'm so glad to see your picture!!!

It isn't bad here now - it is 4C so it has warmed up considerably, and the sun was out for awhile. That always makes me feel better, to see blue sky and sun!!!

Glad you were able to get your feeders filled. I can't do mine either and Gord goes up the ladder for me. I'm no good with heights at all! Two steps up a ladder and I feel like I'm 10 feet off the ground and start shaking. I've hardly seen any little birds in our yard this winter, and it's very disappointing - I do love watching them. We have no squirrels around either. At our other house, we did have a chipmunk one day, and that was very unusual. I did enjoy watching him clean up the seeds under the feeder though Smile

have a good day!!!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 04:15 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Jean, the red X is to delete the link to the picture. We had a limit of 3 pictures on the other forum too. sometimes if I tried to load a 4th one, I'd get a red message - maximum three pictures!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 04:39 PM EST  

Quote by: Velma Flann

Jean, the red X is to delete the link to the picture. We had a limit of 3 pictures on the other forum too. sometimes if I tried to load a 4th one, I'd get a red message - maximum three pictures!

Gee Velma ( I had that all figured out as I had read about it)now that your a monitor , do you have to do every bodies or just the Feathered Friendz and My thread. Good luck my friend
Iam glad they took that off my name for I would never accept being on of those. anyway.I know they didn't mean to have it stay Thankgoodness.That is a ful time job I would think...Its also like being spyed on but with you I feel better... you know me well.Like when Carpenter was on I so enjoyed that Lady.Miss her beautiful poetry. Ah yes I can put on Poetry then Smile

Gemini's a sweetheart, she mailed me a wonderful way to do pictures that I could understand and there we go.. My conputer window is only 17" and I have a devil of a time even when I make it larger to read all the printing so I have to go one way then the other. I wonder if other people lhave to do that or do they all have the big windows...
See you again Velma...Thanks for the Tea Jean
PS I hope Heather comes on here I miss her too.

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, January 22 2010 @ 05:46 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Jean - I only help on the Garden Fence. At the old forum, it was called Topic Monitor, but this new computer stuff does not have that term, and that's why it's called Moderator. I'm really not spying - just trying to help if someone has questions. Soon everyone will learn everything, and I'll have nothing to do Smile

My computer screen is about the same size, but I don't have to scroll back and forth. Some of the computer settings must be different, I guess.

hey - I no sooner posted that - when I looked and there is a topic monitor now!!! I'm so happy about thatSmile

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 10:40 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate