Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 The Singing Bird Lane
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 05:26 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

This is a really fat one ( smile) He sleeps all winter in his den they call it **Hibernate. Story will tell you all about him

Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 09:44 PM EST  

sleepy It is 9.50pm at Trenton Ontario Canada. Time for sleepingGood night

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 08:34 AM EST  
vickrb

GOOD MORNIING, MY FRIENDS.:wave:

Before my work day starts, I just wanted to drop in and wish everyone a GREAT MONDAY!!.Nodding yes

JEAN - I am praying this will be a wonderful day for you. Left thumb up One bad day is enough. For today I wish you cheers, laughter and love. You are such a wonderful person, you won't have trouble getting any of those in yor day. Whistling

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 02:31 PM EST  

Vickie your very kind to say that, but I love life and people and writing things for them. I hope I do a good job that's all.
Right now Iam in a state of trying to get better but it;s taking it's toll. Like I could not sleep all night and that is part if the down side to this med... I will conquer though somehow.

At leat the sun is shinning to-day ist 1st,of February, I will even be glad to see the ist dandelion haha'

I wondered why people hate these beautiful little things, I know they root deep but they also are pretty.
Here is a very sweet story . The children would love this one.. here we go...

The dandelion
who wanted to see the world

Once there was a dandelion who wanted to see the world.
It may seem strange to you that a dandelion should have such notions. But consider her situation. A small circle of leaves in the middle of a large lawn, all she had ever seen was the dirt beneath, a forest of grass all around, and a patch of sky above. This didn't satisfy her. She didn't know what else there was to see, but she was sure there must be something. And she was determined that sooner or later she would discover it for herself.
And she certainly tried. The thought naturally came to her quite early that she should grow her leaves above the surrounding grass. Then she would be able to see whatever there was beyond her immediate neighbourhood. And this she tried to do.
But every week something terrible happened.
Perhaps you could help with the sound effects.
We need the noise of somebody trying to start up a rotary mower. It's a bit like a sneeze? a-CHOO-hoo . . . . . . . Ka-CHOO-hoo . . . . . . . Ka-CHOO-kata . . . . . . . Ka-CHOO-kata And then suddenly the mower comes torrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . . . Those were the sounds that brought awful fear to the heart of the dandelion. while the is would keep its distance: Brrrrrrrrrrrr . . . . . Then it would come close and very loud: BRRRRRRRRRRRR . . . . . Then it would move off again. But always, at last, it would happen. A shadow would suddenly come over her. There would be a whirring and a smashing and a mangling in the midst of incredible noise. A second later, when it was over, her leaves were gone, and she had been chopped back to the level of the ground.

It was a dreadful experience.

For two days afterwards the dandelion would be in a state of shock. Then, when she began to get her wits back, she would say to herself: "Why do I bother?" But then she would take courage and begin all over. She would send up young leaves and try again.

And then, one week, it didn't happen. The horrible noise didn't start up. Her leaves were allowed to grow higher than they had ever gone before.

The reason for that, though the dandelion didn't know it, was that the family had gone off for their summer holiday. All she knew was that this time no dreadful shadow descended on her to chop and crush and mangle.

She pushed her leaves higher, and she saw things that she had never seen before. She saw other growing things besides blades of grass. She saw flowers in beautiful colours. She saw shapes that we would recognise as fences and sheds and houses. It was all very exciting, even if a little bit hard to understand.

With great daring, she then began to do something she had never done before, something she had only just realised she could do. She sent up a stem with a bud on the end.

"Goodness," she thought, "I'm going to have a flower! I wonder what colour it will be!" When the flower opened she found she was a beautiful golden yellow, and she was pleased.

Now she could see all sorts of things, and she just wished she could go to explore them more closely. The fence, the house, the flowers, even moving things - butterflies and birds, cars passing beyond the fence. It was all very strange, and a bit confusing. But it was wonderful.

After a while the petals of her flower began to dry up, shrivel, and fall away. But the dandelion didn't mind that. Because she suddenly realised there was something else she could do, something else she could become, just as lovely in its own way as the flower.

Soon, on the end of the stem where the flower had been, there was a marvellous round, white, fluffy ball.

It was about that time that the family came back from holiday.

"Goodness!" Father said, as he stopped the car in the driveway. "The very first thing I must do is put the mower through the lawn."

"Oh look!" said one of the children, "There's a dandelion!" She ran over.

The dandelion found herself plucked from the ground and lifted high.

The child blew.

The downy seeds danced away on her breath . . . .

And the dandelion was free at last, free to travel in a hundred directions.

She was off to see the world.

ByEvan

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 02:33 PM EST  

Click on image to download

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 02:48 PM EST  

Isn't she a beautiful dandelion. SmileRecipe for salad and of course wine BUT Here is the salad one. My Grandma used to make it too

Dandelion Salad with Cooked Dressing

4 slices bacon, cut in small pieces
approximately 2 c. chopped new dandelion leaves
2 hard boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
2 Tbsp. chopped onion
1/4 c. butter
1/2 c. cream or milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 tsp. salt
dash of pepper
1/4 c. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tbsp. flour
Toss together chopped dandelion, chopped onion and fried bacon pieces. Set aside. In skillet warm butter and cream until butter melts. Beat egg and then add salt, pepper, vinegar, sugar and flour. Blend the egg mixture into the slightly warm cream mixture. Increase heat and cook, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens. Pour hot dressing over the greens and toss gently. Add eggs before tossing. Serve at once. **********Gather the dandelion leaves early in the spring before the plants flower or they will be bitter. *****************

It is considered a delicacy in Europe. The long tap roots of the dandelion have a substance in them that is used as a natural laxative. The roots are also roasted and ground, then used as a coffee substitute.

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 07:42 PM EST  

Spring is a miraculous experience. The whole world comes alive after the winter in which it seemed that everything was dead. The world comes filled with color and the scent of delicious greenery. The world that seemed so dull and cold has come alive once again. Little did we know that beneath the cold hard ground the plants and trees were preparing for rebirth. Spring gives us hope for rejuvenation in our own lives as well. Spring is a time to renew the excitement and zest for life that lives inside.

Winter has very few redeeming qualities. Many animals find that the best thing to do is simply sleep through it. Studies show that human beings sleep more during the winter months as well. One of the few redeeming qualities of winter is snow. There are few things more magical then looking out the window from your house and discovering those first flurries gently falling to the ground. When the snow builds up outside our houses it envelops us in a warm cocoon. The time has come to put on your warm slippers, a cozy blanket, and curl up with some hot chocolate.

The animal kingdom is filled with almost an infinite variety of creatures. Scientists discover new species and sub species every year. Each one is a wonder onto itself and one could labor for years to uncover its secrets. It is an unfortunate fact that the closest that most of us get to wildlife is through bars at the zoo. Our urban lifestyle has the effect of cutting us off from the glorious world of the animal kingdom. Every animal has a lesson to teach us that we are not hearing. We may think that we have evolved away from contact with animal kingdom, the question is, at what cost?

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 08:02 PM EST  

prunella ia a flowered powder they use to make.
--------------------------------------------------------------
IClick on image to download

My favourite Jean

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:45 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate