https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Carolina Raptor Center NC - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 07 2012 @ 10:56 AM EST  
JudyB

Great pictures, eaglet! I'm happy to see them putting in an appearance to greet the new cam. It does seem to be almost opposite to the view we had last year - and I'll miss the occasional glimpse at their neighbors back in the trees. But it's streaming! And I'm pretty sure it's a pan-tilt-zoom - so we should be able to have a good look at the nest bowl.

Here are a couple of links I'll be adding to the first post -

Savannah Eagle now has her own facebook page, in addition to the main CRC page - it's http://www.facebook.com/SavannahEagle

And there's also a blog - http://eaglenesting.tumblr.com/. If you click the Archive link in the box on the right side of the page you'll see pictures or blocks of text from older stories, and you can click on them to read the story (hard to explain but you'll see what I mean if you go there).

I haven't seen anyone yet this morning - but suspect they may make a visit in the late afternoon, so will try to be looking again then. Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Saturday, January 07 2012 @ 05:21 PM EST  
JudyB

5:14 pm

I missed seeing them arrive - but it looks as if one is keeping watch from the edge of the nestbox while the other is having dinner.

Click on image to download

Derek (I think) decided to come join Savannah on the grass - and Savannah grabbed her fish (I think) with one foot and walk/hopped over behind the tree, then up onto the nest box. Derek decided she wasn't going to share, so he went poking around behind the bush in the upper corner - and came out carrying something that looked like food to me, though I'm not sure quite what sort of food (perhaps better that I don't know!),

He then brought his food to the nest box, and they ate side by side for a while.

I think he finished his and made another play for hers - but even though I was typing rather than watching closely, I think she's still eating her share, and he's off checking the bushes for his second helping.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 08 2012 @ 07:18 AM EST  
JudyB

January 8, 2012

I wonder if they spent the night on the perches - could see their white heads as it began getting light.

They've now hopped down and are working on their nest.

8:00 am
Still working away, though I think there was a break for breakfast. I've just realized that what looks like an opening in the upper left corner is actually a mirror, at least from our perspective. I wonder if it's one-way glass so visitors can have a peek at the nest without disturbing the eagles.

Derek (I think) is rearranging some of the big sticks, though I'm having trouble getting a s'cap that actually shows him carrying them around. He really does have one in the following pic!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: tuckerfan (offline) on Sunday, January 08 2012 @ 03:05 PM EST  
tuckerfan

So happy to beable to see Derek and Savannah again! Can't wait for this years nesting seasonSmile

Debbie
Lake Cowichan BC
Member since April 2007

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Sunday, January 08 2012 @ 04:11 PM EST  
eaglet999

4:10 Derek and Savannah working on the nest.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: tuckerfan (offline) on Sunday, January 08 2012 @ 05:30 PM EST  
tuckerfan

5:28pm.... Derek and Savannah still working on their nest...some cute beaking a little earlier was cute to watch! Love the streaming cam this yearSmile

Debbie
Lake Cowichan BC
Member since April 2007

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 08 2012 @ 08:25 PM EST  
JudyB

These pictures were from 5:41 - 5:45 pm; I was busy with something at the time and couldn't post - but like seeing them settling on their perches for the night. (At least they were still there when it got too dark to see.) Sorry about the tool bar in the first pic - I kept it as I really liked the way they were looking at each other.

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Monday, January 09 2012 @ 07:39 AM EST  
eaglet999

Monday, January 9, 2012

7:36 - 7:38

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:13 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate