Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: itsgrama (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 10:31 PM EDT  
itsgrama

OMG nice pix you guys!Clapping How exciting is that to see the eagles back in town? They are finally home and, durn it, Dec seems so far away.Whistling Oh well....you guys do good work and much closer looks at the eagles. I can definitely see the M in one of the pix. Looking for the white spot to identify Patriot. Looks like it in Renae's shot. It's got to be them. My husband has been seeing an eagle in the Cottonwood Creek area the past two weeks. He has been working near the creek there. Has also seen an Osprey and says the beavers are busy logging the willows down there.Also a major run of salmon going up that creek after the last heavy rain we got.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 11:36 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

Cheers Way to go Renae! Those are beautiful shots of Patriot!!!
What time were you riding by? My hubby and I were down there just before dark and we saw both eagles up there 1 tree over from the nest. sitting pretty close, but no calling.

I could definitely see the white patch on Patriot, and I just recognize him by his head shape. But, I couldn't make out Liberty for sure, she was facing away from us. She was definitely looked larger than Patriot, but I couldn't see the notch in the collar from our angle.
It was a bit too dark for pics, but I'll try again tomorrow.

It seems like they hang out on Bluff Branch early in the morning/day and then move over to the nest area later in the day toward dusk.
Good luck Renae, and just be cautious back there because there are some signs of homeless camps in that area near Bluff Branch. Not that homeless people are known to be aggressive, but just be safe!

If you find a large white and blue Caldwell Banker sign laying on the ground with a small pile of rocks next to it, look up toward the Bluff and that is where the famous Bluff Branch is! That spot I marked is about 10 yards from the river and the best trail to take is an old road which is the furthest east(to the right) that you can get. It's a clear, straight trail so you should have no problem finding your way to the river from there!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Renae (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 12:08 AM EDT  
Renae

Thanks for the heads up on the homeless camps. I usually feel pretty safe on my bike when I in motion. It's when I stop that I get scared!! So, I will keep an eye out if I go there alone.

I was there at 5:00 pm.

I'm really lusting after one of those cameras with the 35X zoom now. My 200mm did okay, but boy, if only I had 800 mm!! Guess I better get a job. Oh wait! If I get a job, I won't have time to go see the eagles!!

Forum

Profile     PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 12:56 AM EDT  
eaglewoman

Titter That is so funny Renae, I was just telling my hubby that I wanted a new camera, too! Never close enough for my likes!
Yes, I feel pretty safe when I'm on my bike, too, but just be aware!

Hope to see you down there chasing eagles sometime!Sitting eagleSitting eagle

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: eagletwatcher () on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 05:12 PM EDT  
Anonymous: eagletwatcher

i am "at em" now. rode by the eagle roosting areas for the 3rd time yesterday. finally saw an eagle !!! spotted the female at the family tree around 4. on my return 30 minutes later she was still there . not a picture taker but did check her out through my mini binoculars. sweet !

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Sunday, October 16 2011 @ 05:50 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

:hello: Cool eagletwatcher!
I went by and Liberty was still there a little bit before 6pm. I took a few shots of her, being a bit of a picture taker myself!Titter

She took off after a bit and headed toward the nest area. I followed her over there and Patriot came in, landed briefly, and then took off and headed right toward me(I was in the Swamp Spot). I was watching through my spotting scope so wasn't able to catch a shot of him flying by me, but it was nice! Not sure where he ended up, but Liberty was still there when I left at 6:30 pm.

Click on image to download

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 06:48 PM EDT  
JudyB

Wonderful pictures, eaglewoman and Renae - so great to know that they're both back and hanging around in their usual places! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, October 17 2011 @ 08:07 PM EDT  
eaglewoman

waveHey JudyB! Thanks for checking in!
I was wondering if CAL04 was going to be checking in with us this year? Haven't heard from her in a while?

Here's a few pics I took today of Miss Liberty on Bluff Branch...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:22 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate