Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Turtle Bay, CA - 2012 - Bald Eagle Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: eaglewoman (offline) on Monday, December 26 2011 @ 02:47 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Welcome Larry! I'm so glad you have joined our forum! Your pics are phenomenal, and I love the video, too!
Looks like you are enjoying your little handheld video camera! I look forward to seeing more from you!

And a big, thank you to JudyB for explaining how to post his pics!
Feel free to ask any questions, big or small, Larry! Everyone here is so helpful, and so knowledgeable about eagles, too!

See you down on the trail sometime!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, December 27 2011 @ 08:07 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Tuesday 12/27/11...
I found the pair on their favorite perch, Bluff Branch, this morninglove. They hung out there for a while and I did see them at the nest when I drove by it on my way home. Hope to get some shots of them at the nest soon!
Weather is supposed to change tomorrow, but it has been a gorgeous December here!Grin

Patriot(left) & Liberty(right)
Click on image to download
Liberty looking lovely...
Patriot looking proud...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Tuesday, December 27 2011 @ 08:17 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, December 28 2011 @ 02:06 AM EST  
eaglewoman

And, here's a video of the pair on Bluff Branch...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7MG6Jn6aaM

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 02:19 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Wed 12/28/11...
Liberty guarding her territory after chasing a hawk...

Then, I watched as the pair began more nestorations. Only a month and 1/2 till eggs!Very Happy

When I drove in, I spotted the pair on the Christmas Tree, but was only able to get one shot of them up there before they both flew across the highway bridge and chased a hawk out of their nesting territory.

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Thursday, December 29 2011 @ 02:29 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Saturday, December 31 2011 @ 10:08 PM EST  
eaglewoman

Very Happy Happy New Year to one and all!

2011 will fondly be remembered as an exciting and eventful year at the Turtle Bay nest! Our beloved pair persevered through an unbelievably difficult week of weather as little Stormy & Windy came into the world back in March. I still remember the email warning me that we may lose Stormy since she wasn't showing many signs of life during the first few days after hatching. But, 'ole Stormy showed her true, feisty self as she pulled through with flying colors, and ended up ruling the roost in the end!Titter

Both Stormy and Windy survived and fledged successfully, thanks to the loving care and dedication shown by their parents. Patriot & Liberty, who kept them well fed and sheltered day and night for the next 12 weeks. Forever etched in my mind will be the eaglecam image during a hailstorm when Patriot was spread out on top of the newborn chicks, and Liberty was spread out on top of Patriot. Liberty bravely enduring a constant pummeling by hailstones to protect her mate, and her two, young chicks. It still brings me chills when I think of that moment!

And, then in October, the pair surprised us all by building a new nest, only one tree over from their old nest! Just out of reach of the eaglecam's view, leaving us all watching and wondering from down below. How many eggs will Liberty lay this year? What day will she lay them? When will they hatch? All of those questions will indeed be answered, just not as timely as they have in the past! We won't ever know the exact day or time the eggs will be laid, or exactly when the chicks will hatch out. But, come April, what a surprise it will be for all of us when we see those little gray, fuzzy head(s) poking up out of the nest! Trust me, it will be worth the wait!

So, here's to another exciting year folks! Thank you all for sticking with us throughout the years, and a special thank you to the folks at Hancock Wildlife who have graciously kept our forum up and running! Despite the lack of eaglecam images, I can promise you that we will do our best to make it worth your while to stick with us for yet another exciting year!
Here's to a happy, healthy 2012!

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: eaglewoman (offline) on Wednesday, January 04 2012 @ 01:49 AM EST  
eaglewoman

Tuesday 1/3/12...
Found Patriot by himself on Bluff Branch this morning around 11:45ish. I was only able to snap a few shots before he decided it was time for him to fly!
Not sure where he ended up, but didn't find either of them in the nest or nest area this morning. But, I did see them in the nest around 5pm, so they are still spending some time there around dusk.
Here's a shot of Patriot's lift-off...

Fly LIke An Eagle!
~Steve Miller~

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:41 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate