Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > Festivals of Eagles, Birds and Nature
 Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: Christian (offline) on Wednesday, November 30 2011 @ 11:16 PM EST  
Christian

Knowing that the weather was finally improving I took the day off and arrived at Harrison Mills / Sandpiper Golf Club just after 8am. I went to David's lookout place (where he usually counts) and found the water level of the river a lot higher than a few days ago. Also the number of eagles had once again risen. I spent the whole day there and managed over 700(!) images and will post some of them now and in the next days.

Click on the images for high res:

This image was taken around 8.30 am from the lookout point (new housing development)
Click on image to download

There were moments during the day when suddenly eagles appeared in large number (20+) above one's head. And with the moon it was an incredible experience

There were amusing scenes in the trees too

Christian
In my dreams I am an Eagle
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Christian (offline) on Wednesday, November 30 2011 @ 11:42 PM EST  
Christian

Here are some more impressions. With patience there are wonderful moments

Christian
Please note that my images may be used for promotion of eagle preservation and non-profit purposes only - feel free to use the high resolution images and kindly acknowledge me. Thank you.

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglenut (offline) on Wednesday, November 30 2011 @ 11:55 PM EST  
eaglenut

Wonderful images ChristianClapping
Such a wonderful day to take off work, there were so many eagles there for you to see, and capture with your amazing photos!
The mature eagle with the moon is superb and the juvenile shots are so comical, my favourite photo is the mature eagle with his feathered legs! Awesome images Christian, Well done!Left thumb up

PLEASE make a Donation to HWF

Forum

White Rock

Profile Email   PM

By: Christian (offline) on Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 12:15 AM EST  
Christian

Thank you Tina - you did wonderful images in WR -good team work Nodding yesNodding yes

Here the atmosphere today among eagles

Christian

Forum

White Rock, Canada

Profile Email Website PM

By: Jean (offline) on Thursday, December 01 2011 @ 01:07 AM EST  
Jean

Christian, it is nice to see the variety of eagles in your photos today......young ones and older ones. It makes one wonder...........could our Charlie and Delta be there? Anyway, thanks again for all you do. I love the picture that shows 2 juvies sitting like twins with their one wing outstretched.........reminds me of synchronized swimmers! giggle

Volunteers do not necessarily have the time;............they have the heart..........Elizabeth Andrew

Forum

Langley, BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:40 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate