Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: wenderooni () on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 02:55 PM EDT  
Anonymous: wenderooni

I haven't posted in a long time, but check in often to see what's going on on Hornby. Going through more than a little withdrawal from not hearing Doug's comments. I sure hope everything is going well for him!

By: Anonymous: Riverbottom () on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 05:49 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Riverbottom

Does anyone know if there is a cam or regular reporting on the pair of Balds that raised four chicks last season on the Clark Fork River on the edge of Missoula, MT? One of that pair dropped the fawn on the powerline that got so much national attention. I live within 35 miles of that nest, but have a devil of a time finding anything out about it. Those who watch it and have the land are not terribly anxious for the publicity, but I'd love to know if they've laid another four.

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 05:57 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

Hi Riverbottom havent heard from u in long time..that was avery intresting nest and a girl name sue reported on them last year on a hancock site im gonna go look maybe she has new news.ok riverboat so far sue can spot 3 chicks and u can read it here at hancocks forums.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Daybreak (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 06:14 PM EDT  
Daybreak

this is the link to the nest you're looking for riverbottom (clark fork)
forum/viewtopic.php?topic=345450#345450

I too, hope all is well for Doug and his wife.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Schnauzermom () on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 07:17 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Schnauzermom

Hi folks, I haven't posted in forever, have gone back to catch up and see that there is conversation of a new cam going up in the Peters Tree? Will we be able to see it on this website? Or another......and it looks like in about a week?? How exciting if that's true.............??Green LOL:cheerguy:

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 11:44 PM EDT  
nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Welcome peppy! I'm glad you came out of lurkdom, and it's good to have you here, and GG is right...the mic is close to the CU cam (in the housing with it, if I'm not mistaken), so even if Doug can't see into the nest, he should be able to hear what's going on. It's an extremely sensitive mic, too. Now if Ma and Pa would just uncover the cam! Green LOL

I was a little remiss last night very embarrassed so...

Welcome back, Bhrighde, wenderooni, GG, Riverbottom, Vic, Daybreak, and Schnauzermom! We're back for another exciting season off nesting!

I haven't heard any news lately about Ma and Pa, but I'm sure Ma is her usual feisty self, and Pa is just as suave as ever.

Yep, there is a new cam going up in the Gregg's tree, which is just northeast of the nest tree. Nodding yes It won't be the same intimate view into the nest as Doug's cam, but from what I understand, it has an awesome zoom. You'll be able to watch the cam and post your observations in a new thread here. (I'm not sure who is going to broadcast it...ie WildEarth, UStream ) I don't think it will be included on the HWF cam page, but I'm not sure. BUT rest assured, when the cam goes live, we'll open a new thread and give a link to the cam. We'll post the link to the new thread here so no one gets lost.

ONLY 5 MORE DAYS TILL THE PROJECTED HATCH DATE!!

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, April 18 2012 @ 05:39 AM EDT  
nightowl

WEDNESDAY, APRIL 18, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, April 18 2012 @ 08:09 AM EDT  
nightowl

Good morning Hornby! wave

This was posted a few hours ago on Facebook by Hornby Eagles...

We know everyone is anxious to see the new cam. We have been testing it and want to tell you where we are at the moment.

While testing, we have seen some wonderful views of the eagles from a vantage point that we did not have before with the original cameras. The cam could not be installed as high in Gregg's Tree as we had hoped, so zooming to the very tip of the Babysitting Tree is not possible at this time, but we can see Mom or Dad sitting in the tree and flying in and out from it. We can see Mom's part when she is on the nest facing the water and the fly-ins and -outs from the nest are wonderful.

We have been able to identify a number of landmarks in Mom and Dad's territory and have some presets on the cam in order to "tour" their area.

We like what we're seeing, and hope that those who are anxious to see Mom and Dad and who have always wondered what happened beyond the view of the original cams, will like it too.

There is an issue we'd like to see resolved before going live and we are awaiting delivery of a part. Fortunately, we have some great help and we are confident this will be resolved.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:15 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate