The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: gemini2kd (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 11:15 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

LOL," I think the natives are getting restless" and need to here from there leader (Doug) ..glade to here things are back to normal at Richmond nest or so it looks hopeful, the parents are back in nest and feeding chicks ..kinda sad at Norfolk to many females and some of them are getting injuries fighting over the male and nest ,is it getting to late for eggs now???? I think next week we should be expecting hornby eggs to hatch hope everything goes good..have nice day everyone. Ps again my condolence to family and freinds of Richard Pitt...

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Daybreak (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 12:06 AM EDT  
Daybreak

Quote by: GG

This thread is about the Hornby eagles and Doug's updates, and there are a lot of people who really enjoy those updates. Many people will choose to just stay right here and get updates on Mom & Dad through Doug only, and many will also enjoy the cam and both thread updates. We are all here for one common purpose and that is to enjoy following the lives of two very special eagles. I'm looking forward to all the updates on Mom & Dad.

Thank-you GG, you speak for many here at HWF. Looking forward to the new cam too.
The negativity will stay where it was because it won't be tolerated here. Plain and simple.
Hopefully, Doug will continue to give us updates as I'm sure that Ma and Pa are busy doing what they have been doing before Doug's and HWF cams came along.
It is and always has been about these eagles. Not egos.

Forum

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 12:47 AM EDT  
nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Well...I see a lively discussion has been going on in my absence.

Riverbottom, I'm not sure which forum you're referring to...this one or another one, but I've tried to be fair in this thread when things get a little out of hand, and you can't please everyone. If you or anyone has a problem with how this thread, or the new Hornby cam thread, is run, please feel free to contact any of the admins...JudyB, jkr, PatB, or gemini. You can find a post by them and either PM or email them with any concerns you may have. They'll be more than happy to help.

As far as the bickering, if you have a problem with another poster, please use the PM system to communicate with them. PLEASE spare the rest of us that are here to learn about the eagles. If that doesn't resolve the problem, you can PM (or email) me, jbkgrants, or any of the admins mentioned above. It's our job to make sure things run as smoothly as possible. This is a family friendly site, and there are people from ages 5 to 95 reading and trying to learn. Let's help them do that.

Yes, this IS all about the eagles and Doug's updates. Please, let's keep it that way.

One last note...any more negative or argumentative posts are subject to deletion without notice.

Thanks! Grin

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 03:03 AM EDT  
nightowl

TUESDAY, APRIL 17, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Bhrighde (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 11:29 AM EDT  
Bhrighde

Hello everyone.:hello:
Any news on Ma and Pa Hornby?
Red HeartSitting eagleSitting eagleRed Heart

Jane
"Do the best that you can in the place where you are, and be kind."
- Scott Nearing, American Conservationist (1883-1983)

Forum

Edmonton, Alberta,
Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 01:55 PM EDT  
jbkgrants

wave Hello NIghtowl, Bhrighde, and all Hornby friends!!

No Bhrighde, I haven't heard recent word on Ma and Pa. We have several days to go I believe before a hatch is antcipated. Still, there is pacing going on in the "Waiting Room"!! Green LOL

Thank you NIghtowl for what you have said. I believe we will have an enjoyable forum this season in which the contributions of each member are appreciated, and people fully enjoy their experience here. This is what I strive for. It is always about Ma and Pa. Red Heart

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: peppy (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 02:09 PM EDT  
peppy

Hello Hornby fans,
I am mostly a lurker and don't chat much. But I can't help wondering if... although Doug can't see much, can he still hear things from the nest?
Last year it was amazing to hear Mom grunting when she layed the eggs, and I'm wondering if he will hear the peeps of an eaglet hatching?
I'm getting so excited at the thought of new eaglets for these two loveable eagles!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: GG (offline) on Tuesday, April 17 2012 @ 02:18 PM EDT  
GG

I guess it depends on whether or not Mom & Dad have buried the microphone. LOL. The microphone Doug installed was absolutely wonderful and caught so many of the sounds. I would hope he could still hear them, and even though he has had to resort to his old methods of observing Mom & Dad I'm hope he's still able to view/hear some interesting things. It was strange not to be listening for Mom's grunts this year, but I am thrilled to hear she has laid at least one egg, whether we were there to witness it or not. Hopefully the egg(s) will be viable and we'll have another beautiful chick to "watch" grow up and fledge successfully!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:43 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate