Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Doug Carrick () on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 12:08 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Doug Carrick

Like jbkgrants, it warms my heart to see all the new people joining in on our eagle venture and also seeing all the old people returning. And we are fortunate in having both Mom and Dad Hornby returning once again, considering their elderly age for eagles in the wild. They are now in their 29th year when 30 years is considered to be the maximum eagles have been recorded in the wild. And to consider that they are still reproducing offspring. Each year seems to provide unpredictable events in their lives. What will happen this year? Who knows?

By: emlizard (offline) on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM EDT  
emlizard

signing off can see the moonlight{i believe} in the distance reflecting on the water Good night all Liz

one day like this a year seems right

Liz

Forum

catonsville,
Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: sesame () on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 12:40 AM EDT  
Anonymous: sesame

Thanks to everyone who has made it possible to see the Hornby Eagles this year. I feared I would never see them again. I have been a lurker for many years and was deeply saddened to think of not seeing Mom & Dad Hornby again.

By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 05:20 AM EDT  
nightowl

Good late night/early morning Hornby! wave

Hey everybody! :hello:

Welcome to Hornby sesame! Glad you chose to make your second post here! Just kick back, settle in, and make yourself at home. I lurked for about a month in '06, just watching the cam, before I got up the nerve to join the forum...and now you can't shut me up! Rolling on floor laughing

Doug, I thought Ma or Pa had to be fairly close to the nest when I heard them. I was across the room when I heard what must have been Ma in the Babysitting Tree. I turned around expecting to see someone land in the nest....but the little stinkers remain elusive. I wonder what their age would be in people years? Puzzled

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 05:25 AM EDT  
nightowl

SATURDAY, OCTOBER 15, 2011

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: mew (offline) on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM EDT  
mew

I too want to add my thanks, again, to all who made this possible. In my world, there's no better way to start the day than to watch dawn break on Hornby and hope to hear "1st call" from either Mom or Dad. I'm a happy camper.

Forum

Catonsville,
Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: mlranelli () on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 09:29 AM EDT  
Anonymous: mlranelli

Soooo glad this cam is back for us to view. Thank you to all who made it possible. I have been watching Ma and Pa Hornby for 2 years making this the third year and have fallen in love with them. Is there a way to view the cam and the chat room at the same time? I don't usually chat but like to see any updates about this wonderful couple.

By: llefty (offline) on Saturday, October 15 2011 @ 10:09 AM EDT  
llefty

I vote to keep the cam separate from the chat/forum. This setup seems to keep everyone calm. You can kickback and just watch the nest or if you want just to come over to the forum for info.....there you go. Perfect setup. Just a vote. Sorry

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 11:46 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate