Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 02:18 AM EDT  
nightowl

Well...OK! It's almost a new day, so maybe Doug will pop in with updates. fingers crossed

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 03:12 AM EDT  
nightowl

MONDAY, APRIL 16, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Riverbottom () on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 03:23 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Riverbottom

It will be wonderful now and then to be able to check in on the Hornby Eagles, but there are not a few of us with some trepidation about how the accompanying thread will be run. It got so cliquish and mean-spirited toward the end of Doug's cam, and with most of the same personalities involved in the creation and administration of the new one, I see little hope for tolerance and objectivity with that thread.

By: GG (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 05:22 PM EDT  
GG

This thread is about the Hornby eagles and Doug's updates, and there are a lot of people who really enjoy those updates. Many people will choose to just stay right here and get updates on Mom & Dad through Doug only, and many will also enjoy the cam and both thread updates. We are all here for one common purpose and that is to enjoy following the lives of two very special eagles. I'm looking forward to all the updates on Mom & Dad.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jacx (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 07:35 PM EDT  
jacx

The talk of a new cam for the Hornby eagles in a negative way does not need to be put on this site. Hopefully watchers will be thankful for what is brought to us about the eagles. People need to take some words that we all know "if you can't say something nice, don't say it at all" We don't know how the site will be as to my knowledge it isn't up and running yet, but when it is I never gave a thought that it would be anything but excitement about watching the eagles and their eaglets grow. We have a great site here getting messages from Doug every now and then about the eagles and other things going in in the area. I always am looking forward to his e-mails. I am glad he is enjoying his retirement but every now and then willing to share his observations. I also look forward to the discussion from a number of us regarding Ma & Pa Hornby or other topics from the area. I am glad to be part of this forum and may we never lose the respect for Doug and his kindness nor each other,

Jacx

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: GG (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 08:25 PM EDT  
GG

Well said Jacx!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Vic () on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Vic

The way you talk GG, it sounds like you think you own this site. Shame on you for bringing such harsh dialogue to this site and if Doug reads any of it, he will not return to this site. I didn't think the managers of this site would let such angry words come over to this site. Thanks for the invasion.... llefty

By: GG (offline) on Monday, April 16 2012 @ 10:12 PM EDT  
GG

Vic/Llefty, There were no harsh or angry words. Please stop twisting my words. I was only trying to say that this thread should be about the eagles and not other issues. Of course I don't own this site or think I do. I said nothing bad about Doug and pointed out that many people look forward to his updates and will continue to do so!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:56 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate