Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Eagle lovers fro (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 12:58 AM EDT  
Eagle lovers fro

Hi all :hello:....gr8 news CheersThank you Doug..Im so excited for Mom and Dad..Clapping.The nesting season is on Red Heart i cant wait....Cloud 9 Share the love for Mom and Dad Hornby!

***STARR***

NEW VIDEO:..Share the love for Mom and Dad Hornby
CLICK HERE
NEW VIDE0~Sidney Nest.Mom and Dad nest building
CLICK HERE

Forum

NYC

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 06:31 AM EDT  
nightowl

TUESDAY, MARCH 20, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Doug Carrick () on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 11:45 AM EDT  
Anonymous: Doug Carrick

I can no only get the tiniest glimpse of anything in the nest - a little triangle in the upper right of my screen. Now they brought in a big clump of dry grass, plugging that off also. Hopefully it will settle down a bit. So I looked up at the nest with my binoculars and could see a white head sticking up above the nest. Eagles still sitting on an egg.

By: bruner (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM EDT  
bruner

Gosh Doug......

Do you suppose this old pair's getting a bit shy in their old age and built their nest up so nobody could watch them when they were hugRed Heart Wub

Hopefully something will settle down in the nest shortly, so that you can get a ...pardon the pun...."bird's eye view" Sitting eagleSitting eagleEgg hatch: and be able to report back to us! At least you've seen an egg so that's something to cheer about
:cheerguy:

Thanks for the update.

Regards to you and Sheila.

bruner

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 06:18 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

Just goes to to show ya ur never to old,to do the hanky panky and crank and eggie out 1or 2 maybe thankes Doug for update.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM EDT  
nightowl

Quote by: Doug Carrick

I can no only get the tiniest glimpse of anything in the nest - a little triangle in the upper right of my screen. Now they brought in a big clump of dry grass, plugging that off also. Hopefully it will settle down a bit. So I looked up at the nest with my binoculars and could see a white head sticking up above the nest. Eagles still sitting on an egg.

Good afternoon Hornby! wave

Hey Doug, bruner, and gemini2kd! :hello:

Well Doug...all I can say is those little stinkers! :p It's a good thing you have your trusty telescope, or you, and all of us, would be totally in the dark as to what's going on in the nest. Let's hope they do trample it down a bit so you can see into it. fingers crossed

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Doug Carrick () on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 09:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Doug Carrick

I saw dad change over with mom this afternoon. I often find it difficult to tell one from the other, but no trouble this time. Dad was in the Peters' Tree (perched in his position) and flew to the nest. Mom then flew to the Peters's Tree and landed in her position. They always land in their own designated spot.

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, March 20 2012 @ 09:32 PM EDT  
nightowl

Thanks Doug! Grin

I bet those particular branches just fit their feet...kinda like a favorite and comfortable pair of shoes fits ours. Ma and Pa are really creatures of habit, aren't they? *ahem* and I bet Pa knows better than to sit in Ma's favorite place, too. Whistling

Even on the cam, sometimes it was hard to tell Ma from Pa when both weren't on the nest. If I saw the part in Ma's 'do or saw her giving Pa a talkin' to, then I always knew it was her. Pa always has such a slick 'do, but even then, they could fool ya sometimes! Nodding yes

I just figured it up...the first egg should hatch sometime around April 22.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate