The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: jacx (offline) on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 08:51 PM EST  
jacx

Grin Hi everyone,

So happy to hear we will have a new camera. I reread the notice several times. How great it will be to see this season of eggs, eaglets, and all the excitement that goes with Ma and Pa Hornby, I hope we continue to have contact with Doug...it is so great to get his updates. I am always looking forward to our forum.

Looking forward to days and weeks ahead...THANKS! Very Happy

Jacx

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 03:31 AM EST  
nightowl

TUESDAY, MARCH 6, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: grammieof7 () on Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 10:47 AM EST  
Anonymous: grammieof7

Hi Nightowl, and Bruner and everyone, it is nice to be back. And the news of the cam was just wonderful. Thanks to everyone who is making this possible. The Hornby nest is the first one I watched and will always be special. I have only be watching for 2 years but have learned alot. I am glad Doug and Sheila are having a wonderful retirement and happy that Doug keeps us updated. When I am at my camp , the eagles land in trees across the river. It is awesome to watch them. I haven't be able to get up there lately but am looking forward to seeing them soon. And hoping to get some good pics of them. Looking forward to seeing Mom and Dad Hornby soon and it will be awesome to watch them again. Have a great day everyone! Smile

By: bruner (offline) on Tuesday, March 06 2012 @ 11:54 AM EST  
bruner

Just wanted to let you know that I found a nice article in my March 2012 issue of Canadian Living, on the back page, written by Elda Hauschildt. She entitled it: Eagle's-Eye-View and it is about an eagle nest I believe, in the Nanaimo area. Oh she describes the area so nicely: "We were enthralled, lying in bed at night, to hear waves crashing on the rocks below. We felt the same about the occasional foghorns from B.C. ferries, reassuring us that life continues on its way no matter the weather or time of year. To see orcas and dolphins flash by from our deck is always a thrill, as are the sea lions undulating through the waters below. Their hoarse barking is a signal to go out and look. You just have to be there, though, to catch glimpses of single great blue herons overhead or flocks of trumpeter swans in flight"

Aahhhh......she takes my breath away with her words and I can almost imagine being there. If I can find a way to contact her, I will let her know about our eagles!

bruner

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 06:10 AM EST  
nightowl

WEDNESDAY, MARCH 7, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Wednesday, March 07 2012 @ 01:24 PM EST  
beans

Thank you, Nightowl, for your work on the Hornby Island Eagles topic. It's good to have a link to the weather, too. Left thumb up

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, March 08 2012 @ 08:53 AM EST  
nightowl

THURSDAY, MARCH 8, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, March 08 2012 @ 09:01 AM EST  
nightowl

Good morning Hornby! wave

Bruner, that sounds like an interesting article! Might there be a link to it? I looked up Canadian Living online, found it, but didn't see any reference to the article you mentioned. Maybe it's not online or I just didn't look hard enough. :dunno:

You're welcome beans! Everything Hornby is a labor of love for me. I just adore those 2 eagles. Wub

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

All times are EST. The time is now 05:53 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate