Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Sunday, March 04 2012 @ 10:34 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Morning......
I just heard the news too. Happy dance is expanding exponentially around and about I would believe! Yippee! Hornby was one of my first introductions to eagles, through them I learned so much about what to expect, surprises, sadness and joy.

Thanks with an open heart to the Hornby Eagle Group for finding the wonderful person to sponsor the camera with the new perspective.

Doug and Sheila I hope you are off enjoying some fun and we always are so happy to see your posts about events around and about the nest. Looking forward to your next post!

carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: beans (offline) on Sunday, March 04 2012 @ 01:23 PM EST  
beans

The Hornby Eagle Group Projects Society purchased the camera and will pay for its installation and the cost of streaming the video. Several of our volunteers will operate the cam. Not me! I'm doing my best to learn the Evil Movie Maker for Windows 7. fingers crossed

There are so many of us here who watched the eagles in 2006 (I first saw them in mid-March of that year). We so appreciate the vision of Doug Carrick and David Hancock for streaming the first eagle nest. I was smitten as I'm sure all of you were, too!

love Mom on the nest in 2006

Jean

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Sunday, March 04 2012 @ 06:19 PM EST  
jbkgrants

waveHello Hornby frieinds!!

So there has been some surprising news since I last checked in! I am sure this pleases a lot of folks who love to watch Ma and Pa Hornby!! From what Doug has said, they are building a high rise nest to accomodate some new family members. One thing we all have in common no matter where we originate from or what language we speak, we love and are devoted to Ma and Pa Hornby. I am so looking forward to this new season and sharing it with all of you! Let's bring it on!! hug

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 03:02 AM EST  
nightowl

MONDAY, MARCH 5, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: bruner (offline) on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 08:51 AM EST  
bruner

Hello bears, jbgrants, woodlands bleu, gemini2kd, jill (are you jb??), GG, Debs and everyone else :hello:

So good to read your posts and keep up with Hornby. Special thanks to you beans for the photo of Mom, way back in 2006. I guess you could say she was a "spring chicken" then, and to think that she's still keeping us entertained in 2012. Mom & Dad Hornby were my first introduction to eagles and will remain forever in my heart.

Been watching the weather on Hornby and the temperatures are getting warmer and more sunshine. It would be nice to be able to move to a treehouse on Hornby and live there forever!

Hope Doug & Sheila are off on one of their little trips and enjoying themselves. If I didn't have a dog, I think I'd do that more often too.

Well, Daylight Saving Time starts next Sunday and spring the following week on the 20th. Isn't it a great time of the year to be alive. Cloud 9

Have a safe and fun week.

bruner

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: grammieof7 () on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 10:45 AM EST  
Anonymous: grammieof7

Hi Everyone, haven't been on for awhile, was so happy to hear that we will be able to see Mom and Dad Hornby again! Looking forward to it!!

By: nightowl (offline) on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 01:43 PM EST  
nightowl

Good morning Hornby! wave

Welcome back grammieof7! Grin

Great news, huh?

OK, I've been in contact with Doug and he'd like everyone to know he and Sheila are doing fine, just really busy right now. OH...Ma and Pa are fine also. Doug said to give him a few days and he'll possibly have time to come on line and give us an update. I imagine with that big garden of his, and it getting close to spring, there's lots to do. Nodding yes

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: bruner (offline) on Monday, March 05 2012 @ 02:39 PM EST  
bruner

Hello again:

nightowl, thanks for letting us know that Doug & Sheila are fine. Imagine they have lots to do in their beautiful yard this time of the year.

Nice to see you grammie!

Cheers.

bruner

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 09:46 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate