Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, March 01 2012 @ 11:15 PM EST  
nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Hey texaslonestar1950, gemini2kd, and llefty! :hello:

I haven't heard a word from or about Doug lately, so I don't know what's up. :dunno:

llefty, I don't know the first thing about an Apple computer, but you might post your questions here...

Apple Mac User Support

There are several Mac users here and someone should be able to help you.

Are these s'caps from the camera you've saved or are they personal photos someone else has taken and you saved to your computer? If they're personal photos, be sure to ask their permission before you post them here and give them credit. Copyright issues are really touchy right now, so we want to make sure we dot our "I"s and cross our "T"s. If in doubt, you can always PM me and I can see if it's OK to post them here. Smile

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 03:32 AM EST  
nightowl

FRIDAY, MARCH 2, 2012

Hornby Weather

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: bruner (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 07:52 AM EST  
bruner

Hello nightowl, texaslonestar, gemini, llefty and the rest of the gang including Doug:

Oh My Goodness Llefty!!!!! You mean we are known as "apple snobs" Rolling on floor laughing I was reading your comments about needing help transferring photos, but although I am the proud owner of a Mac, I am not too bright when it comes to technical stuff, but some days I get real brave and click on buttons and miracles happen! Roll eyes

Things must be getting eggciting on the Hornby nest and no doubt eggs will appear in the very near future...if they haven't already.

Gosh - isn't it wonderful to know that it's the 2nd of March already. I was hoping that it would come in like a lion and go out like a lamb, but alas, yesterday was a pleasant and sunny day. I hope that doesn't mean that on the 31st of March we will be hit with a blizzard!

Have a nice weekend everyone.

bruner

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: llefty (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 09:47 AM EST  
llefty

Thanks night owl. I was wanting to transfer my captures that I saved to my favorites from one computer to another. I didn't mean to post here. It's good that you mentioned about the copyright issue though. All the videos and pictures that I saved is under Dougs' copyright. But I just wanted to transfer them from my Acer notebook to the Apple Macbook. And bruner......hahahaha (yes, there are Apple Snobs). My husband is first on the list Smile He says "once you go Apple...there is no going back". All in good fun.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 12:05 PM EST  
gemini2kd

Hi IIefty Bruner Nightowl: bruner dont even tease about the weather ,has been a nice mild winter around here rain made up for the fluffy white stuff and I dont think the salt trucks came out and no school closings its probley a first.Last year was a long cold spring and "bam" summer started hoping for nice mild spring high 60s and 70s.I am surprised Doug hasnt logged on hope everthing is ok with him and Sheila,well at least have the same people here that we have had along. I am waiting for the Norfolks to get some eggs in nest before Easter bunny and got a kick out of barn owls at Starr Ranch they are getting ready to fledge and are the cutiest birds ,well Iam off hope to here some exciting news from Hornby.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 03:57 PM EST  
jbkgrants

:hello:Hello Hornby and Nightowl, bruner, texaslonestar1950, gemini2kd, and llefty!

If I recall correctly, Ma and Pa's eggs were laid a little later in March than usual last year, but that may not mean anything when it comes to predictions!!Titter Somehow I have a feeling that Ma is still giving Pa the business over one thing or another. Green LOL I miss seeing them also.

Here's hoping the weather is nice for our beloved eagle couple for the next few weeks! :cheerguy:

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 06:54 PM EST  
nightowl

Good late afternoon Hornby! wave

OK...egg laying. I kept records for the last 2 years...and actually knew where I put them! Green LOL

First egg..March 22 @ 7:44PM
Second egg..March 26 @ 3:24PM

First egg..March 20 between 7:50-8:00PM
Second egg..March 24 (not sure of time)

Hope hatched April 27 which would mean her egg was laid March 22 or 23. (35 days)
Echo (RIP) hatched May 1 meaning his egg was laid either March 26 or 27 (35 days)

My record keeping for 2009 was a bit sketchy at best. Roll eyes

Sooo...that means we most likely have another 3 weeks at least before any eggs are laid.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: texaslonestar1950 () on Friday, March 02 2012 @ 07:53 PM EST  
Anonymous: texaslonestar1950

Thank you nightowl for the information. Looking forward to this season. Egg hatch:

All times are EST. The time is now 08:10 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate