Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Faithyv () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Faithyv

Yes, very Eggciting indeed. I also am a 06er and was very worried that last year was really to be the last year - So i am very very happy it wasn't.

As for patience - if there is anything nest watching teaches - it is patience. Waiting for return from salmon runs - waiting for nestoration to begin - waiting for winter to pass - waiting for eggs to be laid - waiting for pip - waiting for hatch - waiting for food delivery - waiting for feathers - waiting for Hops - waiting for branching - waiting for Fledge -

It is all about waiting - and watching - and sharing - and our love of this old pair.

Doug, as always your posts of off nest doings is one of the truly unique and wonderous aspects of this nest.

I look forward to every minute of waiting to come this year

By: Bairbre (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 06:06 PM EDT  
Bairbre

Quote by: Doug Carrick

Looking out this morning, one gull was furiously chasing another. It was trying to steal food from the first one's bill. Soon more and more gulls entered the chase until the food was dropped into the sea. A second gull grabbed it and was immediately mobbed. Then enter Mom and Dad Hornby. Trumpets. Doo de doo! And they carried the food to the Leaning Tree and ate it all up. A day in the life of an eagle.

Doug I can almost see the whole scene in my mind! LOL

Thank you for a great description of what must have been great fun to watch!

I am also an 06er and was so upset when I thought Mom and Dad Hornby, and Sheila and yourself were lost to us.

"There are no strangers here; only friends you haven't met yet"
William Butler Yeats

Forum

Toronto, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Tyche () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 06:11 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Tyche

Hello All:hello:

New member, but I've been watching since '09.

Really appreciate everyone who makes this possible.

Thanks to all, and especially Doug. What a wonderful life achievment.Clapping

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 06:57 PM EDT  
nightowl

Good afternoon Hornby! wave

Hey everyone to numerous to mention by name! :hello:

Welcome zazababe and Tyche! So many new names are showing up! Cheers It's great to have you here. If we can be of any help, just holler.

Thanks Doug! Grin You do paint pictures with your words, ya know. The Leaning Tree? Aren't they heading in the wrong direction to land in the nest? :p

No worries ig...I know what's in your heart. hug

Faithyv, you hit the nail on the head. We just play a waiting game around here....alot! Titter

Well, no signs of Ma and Pa near the nest I see. What's the hold up? C'mon and land.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: MaryF (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 07:30 PM EDT  
MaryF

Many of us here who "work" on the HWF forum are old Hornby 06-ers! We are all so happy to see the cam back here with us and to see so many old and new friends here on this thread posting with us. hug We are all looking forward to a new and eggs-citing season with Ma and Pa Hornby. I love Red Heart that Doug will be here with us telling us all what he sees there on the island with knowledge, love and humor!! Bring on the birds!!!! Cheers Sitting eagleSitting eagle

aka purpleagle

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM EDT  
nightowl

4:56PM I heard several trills! Cheers

ETA...

5:01PM More trilling! It sounded closer this time, but still no visual.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: emlizard (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 08:02 PM EDT  
emlizard

800est close trill i think it was Ma yea!!!!

one day like this a year seems right

Liz

Forum

catonsville,
Maryland

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Schnauzermom () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 08:13 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Schnauzermom

I started with Hornby during Phoenix's year....a friend told me about the nest and like everyone else, became hooked big time.
Then the unthinkable happened with Phoenix and I decided I wasn't strong enought to watch nature at it's best and worst. So last year
I would only peek in a couple of times a week so I wouldn't become emotionally attached to David and Alexandra. Which quickly turned into 3 or
4 times a week to EVERY DAY!!! So now all I can say is THANK GOODNESS Doug and Sheila and Ma and Pa are back. Plus with this forum
there will be less drama and plain old enjoyment and observations and narative from Doug and other members.

As the previous members have said, Thank You so much Doug for deciding to continue the sharing of this pair's life and hopefully,
come what may, I'll be strong enough follow them thru their trials and tribulations......

All times are EST. The time is now 11:34 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate