The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: irisheagle (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:07 PM EDT  
irisheagle

Quote by: Doug Carrick

Looking out this morning, one gull was furiously chasing another. It was trying to steal food from the first one's bill. Soon more and more gulls entered the chase until the food was dropped into the sea. A second gull grabbed it and was immediately mobbed. Then enter Mom and Dad Hornby. Trumpets. Doo de doo! And they carried the food to the Leaning Tree and ate it all up. A day in the life of an eagle.

Good for Mom and Dad. Doug, look at all those blue dots you are accumulating by posting! Wink

Forum

Missouri, U.S.A.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: islandgal () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:08 PM EDT  
Anonymous: islandgal

Oh Doug, Thanks for the update.

Now if they would just get to the nest so we could see them also. Wub

Great hearing from you.

By: Anonymous: islandgal () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:19 PM EDT  

Looks like a beautiful fall day on Hornby, windy too.

Thank You terry, Owl, Judy.

I am sorry if I offended in my post yesterday, it was not my intention. I am not at all "in the know" of any politics and plan to keep it that way. :ds:

With that said, I was just trying to thank those from last season including Doug and Sheila, as I thanked everyone here for the many posts and scap's. I have thanked David and everyone who could get this nest on air for us.

Nuff said.

Yell if you hear a trill will ya. :hello:

By: Anonymous: zazababe () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:23 PM EDT  
Anonymous: zazababe

First time posting here - not sure am doing it right, but want to say a very hearty "Thank You" to Doug, Sheila and Hancock Foundation and all others who are making this possible. Was dreading a season without Mom and Dad Hornby. I got into other cams after the Hornby experience and the Hornbys' will always be my favorite pair. Doug, I love your up-dates that give us good insight into the other "doings" around the Island. Keep up the good work! Looking forward to another successful fledge this year. Good luck to all of us.:cheerguy:

By: Anonymous: islandgal () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:41 PM EDT  

wave Hi zaza,

You sure did do it right. And welcome. It is very eggciting is it not?

By: Anonymous: wenderooni () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:56 PM EDT  
Anonymous: wenderooni

Quote by: Doug Carrick

Looking out this morning, one gull was furiously chasing another. It was trying to steal food from the first one's bill. Soon more and more gulls entered the chase until the food was dropped into the sea. A second gull grabbed it and was immediately mobbed. Then enter Mom and Dad Hornby. Trumpets. Doo de doo! And they carried the food to the Leaning Tree and ate it all up. A day in the life of an eagle.

Thank YouThanks Doug! I love reading your posts about the eagles and life on Hornby Island as much as watching the cam.

By: eiguoc (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM EDT  
eiguoc

I have to say, I feel like an idiot, Having a cam up with no life on it. I don't care, I watched Ma & Pa since /06. Please show up or at least call a few 100X . . I do love that call. They do NOT sound like other eagles. They have their special voice. Hubby is ready to have me committed

Pat=photographer & cat mom
Pardon my shortening memory
Member since Aug 23/06

Forum

Scarborough, Ontario

Profile     PM

By: llefty (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM EDT  
llefty

Thanks Doug for your reports! Looking forward to many, many more. Lets' talk eagles, and of course, all the other wildlife that we can. That's what it is all about. aka Darward

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 03:24 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate