The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: llefty (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 09:03 AM EDT  
llefty

I agree gemini2kd: It is in poor taste for someone to come on this site and compliment people from another site. Especially because that is the site that Doug and Sheila had the problem with. Poor taste. That being said, let us not fall into their program of debates. Lets rise above it and enjoy this site and all it has to offer. The team on this site is the best! No debates here and no drama. Love it! And I will thank everyone on this site for such a wonderful welcome.. aka : Darward

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 09:24 AM EDT  
nightowl

Good morning Hornby! wave

Hey ig, Terry, Kathyj and llefty! :hello:

Terry is correct...we should be thankful for any organization that allowed us to watch the Hornby nest, past, present, or future.

This will not turn into a debate. With that being said, any more discussion of this subject will be deleted.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 09:51 AM EDT  
JudyB

Good morning, everyone!

Like Terry and nightowl, I'm thankful to all who have worked to bring us a look into the lives of these wonderful eagles over the years - and personally, I think there are far too few compliments and words of praise in the world, and hate to limit them - but nightowl is absolutely correct. As stated in the first post, this thread is for discussion of what's happening in and around the nest, relating to the eagles.

Thank you, and happy eagle watching!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 10:13 AM EDT  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi All!

With all the discussion of the possible date of October 20 for the eagles to be back on the nest nestorating.....if they are late we will have to just go tell them to get to work? Just a funny thought that made me chuckle.

I can see it now....early October 20 thousands of eyes watching carefully for the first stick brought by Pa and then moved by Ma and so it begins, continues and will be. Hooray for Hornby Ma and Pa - so delightful.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: jbkgrants (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 11:33 AM EDT  
jbkgrants

wave Hornby friends!! And Thank you Nightowl and JudyB!!!

Jill, Member since April 10, 2009

Forum

McKinney, Texas

Profile Email Website PM

By: Hawthorne (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 11:42 AM EDT  
Hawthorne

I have to laugh too, but we will all be here on Oct 20th telling Mom and Dad that they need to get to work!!:cheerguy: We'll cheer them on BUT they have their timetable and is much better than ours.

Patience will be required ---on our part as they do what they do, and when, instinctively. Sitting eagleSitting eagleWub

Precious Bogey - in my heart forever.

Forum

London, Ontario

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: wenderooni () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 12:55 PM EDT  
Anonymous: wenderooni

It's great to see everybody coming back for the new season! I'm trying to be patient while I wait for Mom and Dad Hornby to come back to the nest, but think I used it all up waiting for them to come back from the salmon run. :dunno:

By: Anonymous: Doug Carrick () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 01:58 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Doug Carrick

Looking out this morning, one gull was furiously chasing another. It was trying to steal food from the first one's bill. Soon more and more gulls entered the chase until the food was dropped into the sea. A second gull grabbed it and was immediately mobbed. Then enter Mom and Dad Hornby. Trumpets. Doo de doo! And they carried the food to the Leaning Tree and ate it all up. A day in the life of an eagle.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:34 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate