The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: calypso (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 09:08 PM EDT  
calypso

I am so happy to see the Hornby Nest back online. Was seriously worried that I would have to get through the next year without Mom and Dad Hornby. I, too, prefer the forum to chat, so 2012 will be a good year for me.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Amala () on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 09:33 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Amala

hello again Hornby Eagle fans.

Just wanted to second the previous comment - I too am very happy the cam is back and prefer this forum to chat. Got too much of that last year, this is so much more peaceful and civil. Thank you Hancock Wildlife group and all the other fans here.

Its going to be a great year. I so enjoy hearing from Doug and his updates and comments.

Amala

By: nightowl (offline) on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 10:54 PM EDT  
nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Welcome workingirl53! It's really nice to know more people are joining us. Hope you enjoy what our forum has to offer, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. We're very friendly here!

Hey everyone! :hello:

It's great to see some returning names! Looks like everyone is trickling in after Ma and Pa's mini-vacation. I trust that while Ma and Pa were away everyone got their houses spic and span. LOL Just remember, the dust bunnies will have to wait till they leave again. Titter

It appears Ma and Pa haven't made an appearance on the nest yet. They sure are taking their time! I think they just want to make us wait a little longer.

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: islandgal () on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 11:48 PM EDT  
Anonymous: islandgal

wave everyone.

So glad I am going to get to again watch my first and favorite nest. Last year was so wonderful, as it has been since the start of the broadcasting in 06.

I am a Hornby nester forever.

Great to know that Mom and Dad are back, just waiting to see them now Very Happy

I want to thank everyone involved.

And Bless the HEG, Red Heart Boonie, Wren, Rap, Jingles, Mishi ,Doug(too many to mention) and all those who stood up last year to make it not only a great season, but with so much love and compassion for not only our nest, but the many other nests, bears, the oceans, the rehabs and most of all to us. You reached out and made it better for all. In fact made me so aware of issues, and how to be proactive.
AJL, the best of all teachers hug

Doug, when I met you at Mars, you told me what a gem AJl was, thankyou. She has been a god send.

God bless all of you in this forum ( i still like the chat with stream, sorry. Nodding yes )

Now on to some great action .................... Very Happy

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 01:02 AM EDT  
gemini2kd

I find it odd that someone would come on this site and write about another group this HWF not heg and this forum is wonderful, questions are always answed and if theres a problem HWF will discuss that in private.Everyone that runs this site are easily Id from mods to topic providers, content providers and administrators.Its a great place to catch up nest activity and relaxed.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: terrytvgal (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 02:14 AM EDT  
terrytvgal

Quote by: gemini2kd

I find it odd that someone would come on this site and write about another group this HWF not heg and this forum is wonderful, questions are always answed and if theres a problem HWF will discuss that in private.Everyone that runs this site are easily Id from mods to topic providers, content providers and administrators.Its a great place to catch up nest activity and relaxed.

We do try to be friendly and helpful and make it easy for members to know who to turn to for help. It's alway good to be thankful to all of the people we encounter as we watch our eagles... circumstances may change but our love of the eagles unites all of us, always Red Heart

Maybe we will see Ma and Pa tomorrow!

I came for the eagles, and stayed for the friends I made

Terry, Coquitlam BC

Forum

Coquitlam, BC

Profile     PM

By: nightowl (offline) on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 05:09 AM EDT  
nightowl

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 14, 2011

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: kathyj () on Friday, October 14 2011 @ 07:01 AM EDT  
Anonymous: kathyj

I am also an oldtimer (despite what my registration date says), but just not posted so much in recent years. But I was also there for the 2006 season (before Sidney), and gone through the highs and lows of this nest every since. I don't know what happened to enable us to continue to see this nest for the coming season, as I thought we were losing it. But just want to say a BIG THANKYOU to all who made it possible.

Hopefully next Spring, I will have more time to watch more closely and post, but it is difficult keeping family happy and trying to keep up with the ever growing variety of wildlife webcams that are out there for us to enjoy.

All times are EST. The time is now 02:34 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate