The Forum Has Moved!

Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Nests in BC - with Ground Observers
 Hornby Island ~ 2012 Bald Eagle Nest Cam
 |  Printable Version
By: Eagle lovers fro (offline) on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 06:08 PM EDT  
Eagle lovers fro

Hello:hello: Hornby...Doug ..Thanks for the update.Red Heart.WELOME HOME MOM AND DAD.:cheerguy:..Remenbering last year Mom was on the nest around Oct 12..If you want ,here, is my video from last year..CLICK HERE..
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lyxCtioA ... er&list=UL

Later ~Starrwave

***STARR***

NEW VIDEO:..Share the love for Mom and Dad Hornby
CLICK HERE
NEW VIDE0~Sidney Nest.Mom and Dad nest building
CLICK HERE

Forum

NYC

Profile Email   PM

By: gemini2kd (offline) on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 06:56 PM EDT  
gemini2kd

Thank u STARR that was a very nice album really enjoyed the photos music and graphics u added a very thoughtful project of ma and pa .What apair they make waiting to see them togeather in the nest soon.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Riverbottom () on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 07:16 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Riverbottom

Checked the cam for the first time this season - it's beautiful and looks cozy even now, before the nestorations begin.

By: Anonymous: Dorisc5 () on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Dorisc5

So thrilled that Mom and Dad Hornby are back. So looking forward to watching them build up the nest again especially Mom redoing the sticks that Dad brings in. Always giggled when I watched that. They are so cute together.....Just like a married couple...Thanks Doug and Shelia for bringing them to us again. I would have been very sad had I not been able to watch them again.....I even love the hammering sounds....LOLRoll eyesGrin

By: Anonymous: jeada7 () on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 09:02 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jeada7

Good evening all :hello:

Starr - just watched your video - absolutely beautiful; it brought tears to my eyes. Thank you!!!

Still no sign of Ma and/or Pa - glad you're keeping us in the loop Doug, as to their whereabouts.Smile Trills heard this morning, about 11:30 (pdt) - closer to the nest, so perhaps was Ma as she sat in the babysitting tree.

By: Anonymous: Faithyv () on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 09:04 PM EDT  
Anonymous: Faithyv

Ahhhh, a fond memory - the Golden Stump

Thanks for the Updates Doug - keep them coming
Red Heart

By: nightowl (offline) on Wednesday, October 12 2011 @ 11:19 PM EDT  
nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Hey everyone! :hello: (so many names, so little memory Titter )

It's so nice to see everyone here, including some old-timers! Love the s'caps of the nest, even if it is empty, and Starr, thanks for the remembory video!

Doug, thanks for the update on Ma and Pa! Clapping At least one of them is getting closer to the nest. Just a little closer you two. Nodding yes

Quote by: Owls69

Sitting eagle Sitting eagle Been checking on the nest off & on and have not seen Mom & Dad yet. Reading back through the forum sounds like they have not appeared at the nest. When does the nest building usually start? I don't remember what was said in the past. Thanks for the updates, Doug. At least we know they are moving about - no doubt just enjoying their "down" time yet. Nest look so clean & crisp with the cameras cleaned!

Owls69, the majority of the nest building should begin around October 20 and go through November 15, although since they were late arriving home, that may be delayed a bit. They normally stop nest building from November 15 to February 15 when the winter sets in. During that time, they're more interested in getting food to survive the cold winter.

A s'cap doesn't do this justice, but that light streak in the upper part is the moon shimmering on Hidden Bay. It was really kewl to see live!

Click on image to download

member since May 9, 2006

Forum

St. Louis, Mo. USA

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: NaturesEye () on Thursday, October 13 2011 @ 12:40 AM EDT  
Anonymous: NaturesEye

Quote by: nightowl

Good evening Hornby! wave

Hey everyone! :hello: (so many names, so little memory Titter )

It's so nice to see everyone here, including some old-timers! Love the s'caps of the nest, even if it is empty, and Starr, thanks for the remembory video!

Doug, thanks for the update on Ma and Pa! Clapping At least one of them is getting closer to the nest. Just a little closer you two. Nodding yes

Quote by: Owls69

Sitting eagle Sitting eagle Been checking on the nest off & on and have not seen Mom & Dad yet. Reading back through the forum sounds like they have not appeared at the nest. When does the nest building usually start? I don't remember what was said in the past. Thanks for the updates, Doug. At least we know they are moving about - no doubt just enjoying their "down" time yet. Nest look so clean & crisp with the cameras cleaned!

Owls69, the majority of the nest building should begin around October 20 and go through November 15, although since they were late arriving home, that may be delayed a bit. They normally stop nest building from November 15 to February 15 when the winter sets in. During that time, they're more interested in getting food to survive the cold winter.

A s'cap doesn't do this justice, but that light streak in the upper part is the moon shimmering on Hidden Bay. It was really kewl to see live!

Hi Nightowl! Hello Everyone!

I love your posting of the moon reflection on the water! Thank you for the time line on the nest building too, my memory is getting terrible (has been since technology took over!!)
The ride is about to begin!! Egg hatch:

Hope everyone is having a great evening or day!
Pam

All times are EST. The time is now 07:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate