Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Community Information > H.W.F. News and Announcements
 HWF 2012 Calendar - Preorder and Image Submission Info
 |  Printable Version
By: JudyB (offline) on Friday, June 17 2011 @ 11:27 AM EDT  
JudyB

For those involved - is my reply to Pam correct? This was from a question on the Sidney discussion thread.

Quote by: JudyB

Quote by: pamfl

@ pudzzy1 or anyone else who may know. I emailed and followed the instructions to preorder several calendars but haven't received a confirmation. Should I send another email or just assume that they got it and will contact me later? I want to be sure my order is counted but don't want to order twice.

Thanks! Pam

I also didn't receive a confirmation, Pam. I will check with the folks working on the calendar, but my guess is that they're just keeping count of the number ordered for now, and will send a confirmation/request for payment once the calendars are ready.

And thanks for posting the announcement, pudzzy - I've seen a few of the pictures that are being considered - and we're going to have a spectacular calendar this year! Smile

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Friday, June 17 2011 @ 11:43 AM EDT  
eaglet999

Hi Judy! I'll send an email and to get a definitive answer right now.

Thanks!! Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Friday, June 17 2011 @ 08:30 PM EDT  
eaglet999

Hi Judy, they are not sending confirmation emails when people place their order.

The next email will be when the calendar goes to the printer (sometime in August) to get the credit card information.

*****Also, we only have 358 ordered, we need to get to 1,000 to make it financially feasible, unless we can get a company to underwrite the printing in return for having their logo on the calendar. So if anyone knows of a company willing to do that, that would be fabulous.

****If anyone knows of companies who would like to order in bulk and have their company logo on the calendars they order, they can email the same email address as in the first post and put "Volume HWF Calendar Preorder Request" in the subject line.

Thanks!!

Forum

Profile     PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 12:56 PM EDT  
JudyB

I recently got an email from another eagle group with information about ordering their calendar, and one of the things that was included was a link where one can see a couple of pictures from the previous calendar.

There are some wonderful pictures in the 2010 calendar - and I'm expecting some great ones in 2011 - so something along that line might stir up more interest.

[Note - this is an open thread and an open discussion - if anyone has suggestions, please let us know! Thanks! Smile]

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 01:07 PM EDT  
eaglet999

Hi Judy! Great idea! Here are the front and back covers of the 2011 calendar.
The back cover has all of the main shots that were in the calendar.
This year's calendar is bigger - each page is 12"w and 9"h so opened up it is 12"w by 18".
There are a lot of good images coming in. I'll post some as soon as I have a few pages all set.

We still need images! Especially hi-res images for the main shots, as we'd like to have as many different people with main shots as we can!

Click to see bigger.

Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Forum

Profile     PM

By: stim (offline) on Tuesday, June 28 2011 @ 01:15 PM EDT  
stim

My 2010 calendar sits beside the computer open to the current month. It has all the egg laying and hatching dates for the nests I follow recorded. The pictures are astounding, with good general information included. I wouldn't miss ordering for 2012!

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, July 04 2011 @ 11:10 AM EDT  
JudyB

Hi eaglet - and everyone

Assuming we're still looking for pictures, I'm thinking of posting this - or something like this (suggestions welcome!) in a number of threads. Thoughts?

===========================

Hi everyone! I wanted to let you know that we're still looking for pictures for the 2012 Hancock Wildlife Calendar - and as you can see from the back page of the 2011 calendar, we like a variety of eagles and poses:

The 13 primary pictures need to be high resolution, generally at least 300dpi at 8x10 and the bigger the better - here's the link for more information, such as where to send your pictures:

staticpages/index.php/2012CalendarInformation

However, if you have a great picture that's not that high-res - or a great s'cap from one of our cams, we also need a lot of smaller pictures to fill in the empty squares on the calendar - here's an example from the current calendar:

These are all s'caps - but we also welcome pictures of "our" eagles or of your local eagles taken with regular cameras as well as with expert gear. Please don't crop your picture before submitting it - we do have a few non-standard-size places we can put pictures, and this will give Nancy the flexibility to "crop to fit"!

The eagles are marvelous subjects - and I know we have some fantastic photographers and s'cappers here - and I can't wait to see what pictures we have this year! Thanks to Nancy, David, Karen and everyone else involved - and if you haven't put in your order yet, the link above will also provide information on how to do that.

Enjoy!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: eaglet999 (offline) on Monday, July 04 2011 @ 04:38 PM EDT  
eaglet999

Hi Judy, I think that's great! Thanks for putting so much thought and work into it!

We're still looking for images - both big and small.
AND we still need calendars also!

Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 04:18 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate