Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - White Rock Nest Camera Archive
 White Rock Area 2011 Ground Observers
 |  Printable Version
By: DDuckies2 (offline) on Wednesday, July 27 2011 @ 02:32 PM EDT  
DDuckies2

Puzzled For anyone online and not from the WR area the sound you are hearing are the Canadian Snow Birds doing their practice flights over head for the airshow later today- starting 5 pm PDT You might be able to catch a glimpse of jets on the wide angle cam.

ShhI think/hope the a.m. practice runs are done- they were flying over head of my home and now all is quiet here.

Just hearing construction noises below nest. opps spoke to soon- can hear jets again.

Forum

Surrey/ White Rock

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: jas () on Wednesday, July 27 2011 @ 02:38 PM EDT  
Anonymous: jas

Eaglenut and Klaw- thank you for the wonderful photography -it reminds me why I love the bald eagle so much. So beautiful and magestic
eta: WelcomeAlimaewave

By: sandra gee (offline) on Wednesday, July 27 2011 @ 11:34 PM EDT  
sandra gee

Hello WR :hello::hello: KarenB and I drove past the WR nest this afternoon at approx. 4:50 - 5:05 pm and could not see any of the eagles in the tree. We decided to turn around for one more look and as luck would have it the little road we chose to turn around in was the perfect spot Nodding yes.....there, right in front of us was Charlie and Delta perched in a tree, one was at the very top and the other was a little bit down to the right. It was nice to see them spending time together outside of the nest tree. We were looking in the direction of the sun so at first it was hard to tell if they were adults or juvies but looking through the binocs and listening to their calls it was easy to tell. The distance from this tree to the nest tree would be maybe be 2 city blocks.

I have photos but will be not be able to post them until the weekend when I'm home....:ds:

Sandra, Nanaimo BC
Member since Spring, 2006
"Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans"
Song for Sean, John Lennon

Forum

Nanaimo, B.C. Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: labecs (offline) on Thursday, July 28 2011 @ 12:02 AM EDT  
labecs

At about 8:50 one of the kids stopped by the nest for a few second and then took off towards the beach. Down there you could see he or she met up with a parent and they flew off together. Then a few minutes ago a parent came with food, called out and one of the kids came right away. (Can't tell who... is it Delta the one that has no white on the tips of the tail feathers? ) Well, she or he is having a feast right now Smile

Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: vivia () on Thursday, July 28 2011 @ 03:51 AM EDT  
Anonymous: vivia

Quote by: Aliemae

Such wonderful photos thank you so much. Stunning!

I second that emotion! Just stunning!

Re beach walking, with enough notice (say a week?) I could come join you. My mom lives in Mount Vernon, just about an hour south of White Rock, and I visit her as much as possible. A for-sure visit is coming up on August 30, her birthday. I would absolutely love a field trip to "our" eagles' home beach. Nodding yes

Vivia Good night

Sitting eagleSleepySleepySitting eagle And goodnight, Mr. and Ms. WhiteRock and kids!

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, July 28 2011 @ 11:59 AM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: sandra gee

Hello WR :hello::hello: KarenB and I drove past the WR nest this afternoon at approx. 4:50 - 5:05 pm and could not see any of the eagles in the tree. We decided to turn around for one more look and as luck would have it the little road we chose to turn around in was the perfect spot Nodding yes.....there, right in front of us was Charlie and Delta perched in a tree, one was at the very top and the other was a little bit down to the right. It was nice to see them spending time together outside of the nest tree. We were looking in the direction of the sun so at first it was hard to tell if they were adults or juvies but looking through the binocs and listening to their calls it was easy to tell. The distance from this tree to the nest tree would be maybe be 2 city blocks.
I have photos but will be not be able to post them until the weekend when I'm home....:ds:

HI sandra - Thank you so much. I can't wait to see your photos! Like everyone else, I wait with baited breath to see them or hear a report as to what they are up too.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Thursday, July 28 2011 @ 12:06 PM EDT  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: labecs

At about 8:50 one of the kids stopped by the nest for a few second and then took off towards the beach. Down there you could see he or she met up with a parent and they flew off together. Then a few minutes ago a parent came with food, called out and one of the kids came right away. (Can't tell who... is it Delta the one that has no white on the tips of the tail feathers? ) Well, she or he is having a feast right now Smile

HI labecs - Delta has the white tips on her tail and Charlie has speckled white and some stripes farther up on his tail.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: savewhiterocktrees (offline) on Thursday, July 28 2011 @ 04:41 PM EDT  
savewhiterocktrees

Quote by: vivia

Quote by: Aliemae

Such wonderful photos thank you so much. Stunning!

I second that emotion! Just stunning!

Re beach walking, with enough notice (say a week?) I could come join you. My mom lives in Mount Vernon, just about an hour south of White Rock, and I visit her as much as possible. A for-sure visit is coming up on August 30, her birthday. I would absolutely love a field trip to "our" eagles' home beach. Nodding yes

Hi vivia,[/b
]I may not be in town Aug 30, but if I am, I'm up for a WR Nest beachwalk even if the eagles are busy eating salmon up north. We'll have to stay in touch about this. Maybe I could even host a little get together for some of us at my place (I'm at the WR pier about 5 km from beachwalk starting point)...Gee that immediately sounds like good fun!

Sandy / savewhiterocktrees

Forum

White Rock , BC

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate