You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 08:35 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Monday Mornin' wave

Linda ~ Thanks for sharing links to the amazing mama 'n baby deer rescue...kudos to all the caring rescue team's efforts, including you for filming the action as it unfolded. Clapping

((((( Red Heart Doree Red Heart ))))) ~ Hope the visit with Jake went well...know he was happy to see you,
I hope you will have the opportunity to see many of those majestic Eagles, GF...I'm still looking forward to seeing one, in person, for the first time.
Yes, friend John has been enjoying all types of art since he was just a wee lad. His family were neighbors of mine back in the early 70's and we remain good friends today.
I have a beautiful oil painting...fall of the year barn & landscape scene...he painted for me when he was in Jr. High School...it matches my livingroom color scheme perfectly.
His works are being well noted in his area and he was recently approached by Smither Park Memory Wall committee to head up this 400' mosaic memory wall in Houston, TX:

http://365thingsinhouston.com/2014/01/0 ... show-park/

He personally did the work on the 3rd one down...the one featuring the Hummingbirds...the pictures enlarge when you click on them.

Those are bad / dangerous driving conditions, Judy. Oh My

Scootie ~ John's entry place in the Peep Parade was car / float #100...not sure how many were entered in all but do know it is a popular yearly event in Houston.
Know that makes Peep Candy Company owners happy...wonder if they sponsor the event... Titter
Guess Juliet is an old pro at birthing by now...no grunts needed. Grin
Loved it when Holly sat up to take a second look around...LOLd out loud!

Texie ~ I was sure your hands were too muddy to handle the camera...just had to tease my friend about playing in the mud puddle. Big hugs
That's some memory you have, GF. Left thumb up
I don't know about the BRAvo art entry...can't make it bigger...but your description sounds great to me.

Cute poem, Carolyn...gave me a smile.

Big hugs To All...

Byebye

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 12:48 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends,

Very Cold here today, -10F with windchill. I was going to head to the rivers today, but I think I will wait until tomorrow. Less wind and a little warmer temps in the teens. Thanks for the comments on the Deer Rescue videos. I'm suppose to get a DVD from National Geo when my video is done airing here in the states and internationally. The Eagles have been good to me this year. Nodding yes

Doreen, I think the term for a condition that can arise if your post surgical side arm is used is Lymphedema. As a nurse we do not start IVs, give injection, or take B/P in the arm of the side of post Mastectomies. It sounds like all went well with that cancer situation and treatments, I hope that will be the case this time too my friend.

Elle and Judy, Fog is a very bad thing. I hope it clears soon for you guys. I wonder if Scott is having the same situation with fog in Chilliwack?

Carolyn, Very cool poem for nesterations. Left thumb up I hope the kitten is settling in and her and Bleu get familiar soon.Nodding yes

Scott, Sounds like the cams are fixed and up and running again. It will be neat to see and hear the cubs on the videos. Are you Fogged in too?

Dede and Elle, I thought last night's Downton Abbey was really good in that Mr Bates finally knows more about the change in Anna. I do believe there will be more drama with that situation. NO Elle and I had thoughts that Mary and Tom may hook up in the future. Also Gillingham wasted no time getting engaged to the other woman. I was not crazy about him being with Mary, I think he is a gold digger. We are also concerned for Edith and the relationship she is in. Nodding yes Lets hope she was seeing a doctor for other reasons then you know what. NO

Hello and Hugs Jean, Anna, Annie, Iona, and all here at EA and HWF.

Naoma, I thought of you last night when our sun set and the sky was painted in shades of colors.

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 01:02 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good almost afternoon EA Friends.....

I had a long post written that got eaten when the Forum went down. So, won't try a long one now. Linda, that picture is gorgeous. Kitten is doing well.
She gets around and about nicely.

Downton was pretty good. I am worried for Bates. As for Edith, does not look like good things happening. i adore Isobel and hope good things are going to happen
to her (not the doctor).

Doreen, I am glad you are getting such good help. I thought of you at the nursing home as they have a Cockatoo. This one does not talk.
Bleu always is surprised to see it.

Scott, great bear report as usual. Thank you!

Hi to everyone else.....I am cutting it short due to what happened earlier.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 01:51 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Gorgeous sunset, Linda! Red Heart

wave Carolyn

SW Florida Eaglets are 35/33 days old today.

Breakfish was served...both E's have eaten.

Harriet on nest...very windy at nest today.

Still no one home @ Decorah...

Same @ Eagle Valley, WI nest...

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/eaglevalley

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 02:40 PM EST  
deewerms

if this isn't living, breathing proof animals have emotions, then something's seriously wrong with the observer. i and many here may of seen it before, but i never get tired of watching this, especially the middle part.

http://tammybruce.com/2013/07/possibly- ... -ever.html

Scott, thanks about Juliet cam, i knew there wasn't supposed be one, but then was second guessing myself and thought maybe there was one, am so confused lately Roll eyes and getting worse every day....the door sizes makes sense now, never thought about that. yes, Jake is doing fairly well considering he was hit on his drivers side door very hard, had to be cut out of car. could of been so much worse.

Naoma, it sounds like you had a good mud bath with the dogs on your adventure last week, should of just smeared some on your face while you were into it anyway, could of had a free facial Titter i am feeling pretty good, a wee bit nervous about tomorrow but i will feel all your hands here in mine there and know all the strength is flowing through to me Red Heart

Judy, foggy but nice scap of Lafarge eagles love

Carolyn, nice poem, and so happy to read the gang are all adjusting and things are going smooth, nice for you. sorry about your long post, has happened to me numerous times, no more though, i use Word now ALL the time. the Cockatoos are beautiful and very smart, and much larger than cockatiels who rarely talk and are very passive Wub

Jean, i would sure love to go to the eagle festival they are having in February, we will see how things are going then, it is in Newburyport, only 25mi and where i go to eat fresh fried clams with my sis and BIL in summer Click on image to download the Smither Park emerging memory wall is just amazing, beautiful art wall being created, such talented people contributing their time is wonderful. your friend is very talented, loved his hummingbirds he made, you should show us your picture he gave you, sounds very pretty love great scap of the cute eaglets at SWF, and beautiful mom, we can see the size difference, but soon the male should catch up to the sibling. Eagle Valley nice close-up, another new nest cam Oh My i never realized there were so many, imagine trying to follow all live cams Titter

Linda, thank you, that is the word, Lymphedema, knew you would know Wink WOW, the colors in your sky pics beautiful, and so different. love

i hope everyone is hving a good day Sunny

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 04:56 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Just was doing some research on John Cabot University, that Marinda will be attending on her Rome Italy trip.She will be staying in the campus residence apartments. Here is a description and a free image from a friend of Marinda's.

John Cabot University is located along the banks of the Tiber River in the vibrant Trastevere quarter, on the grounds of the prestigious Accademia Nazionale dei Lincei, where Galileo worked. A 15-minute walk takes you to the Vatican, the Sistine Chapel, and Castel Sant'Angelo, the hiding place of the popes during the Guelf-Ghibelline wars of the Middle Ages. In another direction you'll find the Pantheon, built as a Roman temple in 25 BC, and the beautiful Piazza Navona. And yet in another direction you'll be walking through the Roman Forum to the Coliseum.

The neighborhood surrounding JCU is characterized by small cobblestone streets and outdoor cafes the perfect place to study and meet with friends as you enjoy the historic center of Rome.

Rome comes alive in the summer with people from all over the world converging on the city to enjoy the warm summer nights and the vibrant Estate Romana (Roman Summer) with hundreds of outdoor concerts, art exhibits, and performances held throughout the city.

It all sounds very exciting, I know she will have an experience of a lifetime. She is taking an art and photography class. I'm still very nervous about her being so far away. Help emo

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 05:21 PM EST  
mmud

The Smither Park Memory Wall is pretty cool Jean. A lovely work of art and John made a beautiful contribution. Smile
I've never noticed Peeps Candy around here, but I read that some stores do sell it.
Nice s'cap of Harriet and chicks & the snow covered Decorah & Eagle Valley nests.

Beautiful sunset pic Linda. Smile
There will be so much for Marinda to see and do she's going to be a very busy girl in Rome next summer. I was in that area 40 years ago! Where does the time go? Titter
No fog in Chilliwack. The weather has been mild and quite nice lately but rain's supposed to start tomorrow.

wave Carolyn

Beautiful dog being united with it's owner vid Doreen. Smile
I hope everything goes extremely well for you with tomorrow's first treatment.
Sounds like a horrible accident that Jake was involved in. Sad

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Monday, January 27 2014 @ 05:56 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi Friends.....

Doreen, I had not seen your video and am so glad I did now.

Wishing you much luck/success tomorrow. We are all with you.

Scott, glad you are not in the fog. Smile

Linda, as I was an exchange student to Japan once at 16 and again at 19, I can attest that the experience is beyond exceptional. You grow in ways you never expected.
She will be fine, especially with this cheering squad.
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 09:17 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate