You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 12:39 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends,

I have more to post but I'm out of time this morning. Heading to a great great Nieces birthday party and lunch. So I will be back with some replies to what I have read from last night and this morning.

Thanks also for your comments on the eagle hunt photos. Thank You

Doreen and Scott, I made this recording with my cell phone of the recording my daughter had made for me when my video first aired. They talk about bad weather in New York at the beginning, not sure why. Also they say at the end that the female and her doe were reunited. That is not true either, both did survive, but the doe ran off into the woods and the female had to go to a rehab center in another area and was released there after its rehab.

Here is what aired and again it is a IPhone recording I made from the TV as I watched it . My video segment of that Episode was just one of many.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNZvUUBpsI4

Here is the three recording I made as it happened. I have joined them together and put photos I took at the beginning and end.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6KqnGXZ0Yc

Click on image to download
Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 12:54 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Anna...

" I think I missed a part here...I always clicked on the star and that was the last post , it won`t work anymore....Chin Help emo"

Just a guess...do you have too many stars saved?

Maybe you need to delete a few and it will work for you again.

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 01:20 PM EST  
deewerms

hi friends, just a quick stop as going to visit my son's friend/roomate in the hospital, in rehab now here in Salam. be back later to catch up, saw this story in our paper today and loved reading our local eagle population is growing so fast Clapping now that after many years of cleaning up the Merrimac river which was really filthy. there is a nest even in Methuen, Mass now Cheers that is right over state line for me, few miles BBL

http://www.newburyportnews.com/local/x6 ... le-bonanza

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 01:57 PM EST  
elle

Another very foggy day here!
I have lunch plans with 3 ex-coworker friends and then maybe a bit of local eagling. A walk anyway! Tonight is reserved for Downton of course.

Dede: Linda and I have Downton plot all figured out. Well, at least we have a lot of ideas and time will tell if we are right. LOL Yes lots of travel plans this year. Late spring with Linda, summer cottage with perhaps a visit from Gord, and Europe in the fall with a GF. Faint

Dee: Am I correct in assuming you had chemo when you had breast cancer? So you have some idea what to expect? I believe there have been major advances in chemotherapy since you had breast cancer and I know the treatments are tailored to the stage and type of cancer so I am hoping it will all go smoothly for you and soon it will all be behind you.

OutByebye

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: JudyB (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 03:04 PM EST  
JudyB

Hi everyone! I know there are some great photographers here, so wanted to let you all know about this request.

We have a new forum member JFeinstein who is looking for a picture of a pair of bald eagles doing a cartwheel display. She contacted David Hancock, and he didn't have anything that would work, so suggested that she post on the forum, and asked me to help spread the word. The link to Julie's post is forum/viewtopic.php?topic=603879#603879. Please feel free to spread the word. Thanks!

Quote by: JFeinstein

Hello everyone. This is my first post! (I hope this is the appropriate place for it.)

I am delighted at the concentrated expertise and experience on this site. It is a great educational resource especially the nest cams.

I am an author, living in New York City, employed at the American Museum of Natural History. I am currently writing a book for the University of Chicago Press about animals mating. The Bald Eagle is one of the featured animals, chosen for its charisma and familiarity.

I am looking for a digital photograph of the cartwheel display to use as an illustration in the book. Ideally it would be a dramatic shot and of high resolution suitable for print. Please message me if you have an appropriate photo and would like to talk more.

Thank you, Julie Feinstein

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: garyandjudi (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 04:31 PM EST  
garyandjudi

I went with Gary and the dogs for a drive over to West Vancouver this morning and what a bumper to bumper drive over the Lions Gate Bridge due to this
Click on image to download Lions Gate bridge
Click on image to download Alberni St in downtown Vancouver
Click on image to download bridge railing with Burrard Inlet below....can't see an inch in front of you

I also saw two eagles perched on a tree on the West Vancouver side entrance to the bridge watching all the traffic....but did not snap a photo because I wasn't thinking....all I said to Gary is doh "look at the pair of eagles too bad I didn't bring my camera" then going back over the bridge deck pulled out my smart phone and took a couple of photos on the bridge of the fog or what they are calling it here on the news China's smog drifting our way....bummer

Pa and Lady Lafarge Avatar

Judi

Forum

Vancouver B.C.
Canada

Profile     PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 04:36 PM EST  
anna-holland

This are great pict. from a cartwheel display
click on me

Jean...nope NO

Linda, what great to see the video and hear your voice and see your mouth moving haha I always see a pict. of you. You have a beautiful super femal voice. I always thought your voice would be lower, like my voice.

Judy below me hi...I like the donkey video Byebye

Love the pictures Wub

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Sunday, January 26 2014 @ 05:18 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Sorry. Anna...

Maybe try, "Hello Scott"...

Or, "Hello Ruud"...

Hope one of our puter gurus can help you...

fingers crossed

Big hugs

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:23 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate