https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 08:27 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hooray for Juliet and Cub Trio......Listening was such fun. Thank you Scott! Hi to everyone here, and a smile,

Have a Happy Saturday all EA Friends......
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 10:27 AM EST  
txelements

Happy Saturday, Luvies..........

Scott,
when I ask if you had cigars ready, I did not know Juliet had given birth. Wishful thinking at it's best. Smile
Ridiculous that the NABC weren't allowed to even show the highlights. NO

Straw art. Smile
Click on image to download

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 03:13 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

waveHappy Saturday NestieLuvs

Very Happy Juliet! Three sweet cubsWub

I don't know if this has been posted before but it is really interesting and I've never been able to believe that animals don't have emotions. My dogs all seemed to and so have all my cats to my mind. Our eagles certainly seem to when they have losses. Their emotions may not be exactly what we imagine, but I truly believe they have feelings.

- Do Bears Have Emotions?

Hope everyone is having a beautiful day. We had very high winds for a couple of days and record breaking temperatures. One day was 80 and we're running 10-15 over average (58) every day.

Byebye

Big hugshug

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: elle (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 04:39 PM EST  
elle

Annie: Remember when Lily ran around frantically looking for Hope after she was " taken".Cry She searched all night if I remember correctly.

Carolyn: Yes it is nice we "get" each other. Left thumb up

It is very foggy here and my plans for the afternoon have been thwarted. It is still supposed to lift but probably not soon enough and I don't want to be driving in pea soup. NO

Naoma: Those sunrise pix were astounding! Clapping

Out

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 04:45 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends,

It sounds like everyone has had some type of cold blast in the last couple days. I was out in it yesterday with some friends on an Eagle Hunt. The surfaces of the rivers are nearly totally frozen now. South of the Locks and Dams the water is open. It is the under water that comes rushing through and runs down river at a fast clip, therefore it does not freeze. We did see eagles flying and some out on the ice around open areas made by barges. You can check out my photos at this link.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=47e94315 ... Pje3y3m-Gw

We were only around 20 to 30 feet from this hungry Eagle. It was trying to eat the remains of a frozen fish.
The second eagle that came in for the remains after the first eagle flew off.
Congrats to Juliet and her three cubs, it is so sad that the cams can not be viewed. NO Memories of Hope were very special too, just like she was. Wub

Dede, What a beautiful USDC you made my friend, whip cream for sure. Left thumb up

Doreen, It sounds like you are set for your chemo on Tuesday. I will be thinking of you my friend. The National Geo "Caught In The Act" episode was titled Giraffe Attack. Good Luck finding it.Smile

Naoma, What lovely photos of the beautiful Cardinals, other birds, Z and NoNo, and those amazing clouds. Clapping I see a large bear to the left and a man with a wreath around his head to the right. Nodding yes

Iona, I'm so sorry that you would have such a heavy assignment. I'm glad your nurses helped you with getting the patients ready for bed. 22 is impossible for one person to do well. Nodding yes
I also loved your eaglet and eagle captures, they are beautiful.

Anna, Awesome set up for Ruud and his program. I hope all goes well. Left thumb up

Carolyn, it sounds like you would love it in my neck of the woods this winter, very good, but yes very refreshing. Smile

Jean, What an informing fire video about batteries causing a fire. Good to know, I will be checking mine out. Thank You

Judy, Wow, on the eagle in the truck video from Alaska. Wooh Thanks for the share. I loved Jayden in his hockey uniform. Wub

Hello Annie, I have been praying for rain for you and the rest of California. It sounds like your weather is very summer like. Nodding yes

Elle, I'm sorry about the Fog, I hope it lifts soon. fingers crossed

Scott, Thanks for the capture of one of Juliet's cubs. Red Heart

I hope I did not forget anyone, hugs to all. hug

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 05:36 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi EA Friends.....

Linda, fabulous pictures.....You have an "eagle" eye. Yes, I do love Winter.

Elle...I remember Lily running around frantically too. I hoped against hope that it was not what we thought. I am still trying to forgive that hunter and hope he did not know what he did,
however, I think he did. Sometimes forgiveness just does not come easily.

Annie.....Loved your Bears having emotions link. They certainly do. All animals do, we just sometimes don't recognize it.

Hi TX, up there! I love your buried in the straw picture. Hi Scott and everyone else......

That's all folks!
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 07:01 PM EST  
deewerms

busyish day, went out to do errands, then cooked a few meals to freeze when i got home, cleaned and finally finished for the day. will sleep good tonight

Carolyn, your vet is right, slow going best, but i know it is hard on you, all of us animal lovers have very soft hearts i think Wub we never felt relief here of the cold today either as the wind chill was still with us, very windy, hope we all get some warmup soon fingers crossed

Naoma, cute, "straw art" Green LOL she is good at burrowing down deep, very smart i would say

Scott, i remember those cries, and and wee screeches Wooh finally the wait is over, big congrats to mama Juliet Red Heart not much rest now for her, most likely three is hard to keep all full and quiet at same times.

Annie, 100% i believe every living wildlife have feelings and emotions, great link, loved the smiling bears Grin and funny Lucky so cute then. love you can send some of the "above average heat" this way, no wind needed, we have more than enough, ty

Elle, that was a very sad time to see Lily searching so puzzled-like, probably was so used to picking up her scent so easily. hope tomorrow brings you better weather

Linda, wonderful pics of the beautiful eagles, looks like it was windy there also. tired tonight but i will look for the episode tomorrow. not sure to look under documentary, or something else but i will give it a shot.

going to rest soon, have a good evening friends Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 09:56 PM EST  
mmud

wave Carolyn

Cool "straw art" s'cap Naoma. Titter Holly has made a lovely little nest.
Everything the DNR has done to try stopping the bear research and education is ridiculous.

I think animals have emotions too Annie. It's too obvious to ignore. Smile
Thanks for the story & pics link.
Unreal that the temp. there is still so high. There is an outdoor NHL hockey game in LA this evening. Pretty cool technology to be able to do that.

wave elle

Beautiful pics of all the eagles Linda. Smile
I still haven't been able to find the Nat Geo episode your deer video was on either. I have come across a few of the others though.

wave Doreen

Holly Startles UPDATE January 25, 2014 (A cute vid of Holly and Vinny in the update.)

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:42 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate