https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 04:08 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Texie ~ Red Heart Red Heart Red Heart the pretty Cardinals ((((( SusieQ ))))) sent your way...

Hungry little Mockingbird...

Rowdy fur friends at play...

And the amazing cloud captures! Left thumb up

All Nesties ~ Just saw this and felt the need to share...

Used 9 Volt Batteries Start Home Fire

I had never heard of this...did you know?

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 07:08 PM EST  
deewerms

saw my radiation Dr again today, had a new CAT scan and had markings and tattoos put on me, and now we wait a week or so to see if he can do a setup as he has to merge the scan from Boston with the new ones he did this week, he said the one made in Boston is a little fuzzy on the computers here, as they were made on two different computers, so, we shall see what happens. meanwhile i will get on chemo starting Tuesday. was a good day, fast apt. and home early Smile

Linda, was looking on Netflix for your Documentary in Nat. Geo. but forgot the title, maybe it's there somewhere, can you post the title again. and is it under Documentary's, if you know?

Naoma, brrrr back to ya, hood up and mittens on, when i have to go out, hope you have your winter clothes all out for use, seems crazy for temps like that there! maybe we all caught that cleaning bug from you then! i do remember you saying you had to get ready for your family coming, ahh, so that's where we got it Grin love your pics, especially the red cardinal and it's mate, pretty finch, mockingbird, and wow on the clouds love of course the stars are "the kids' at play Red Heart they will be lost without each other if Nottie has to move away Good doggy

Scott, sad update but beautiful memories Red Heart hope they get that cam fixed for good at Juliet's den fingers crossed

Judy, stay warm, springs around the corner Wink

Carolyn, hope Pebbles can have everyone on her side soon Wub all buddies and accepting one another, must be hard for you putting her in a room all alone every day on/off. poor Bleu, such a loving and gentle dog and he gets attacked, where were those people's leashes, we have strict laws around here, they are lucky you weren't the type to sue! this cold there is quite amazing, all over the place, on the NECN news today they said it was warmer in parts of Alaska than in the US!

Dede, your pics are beautiful of Lily and Hope, and your video was also, but hard to watch, remembering what a cute and loving little cub she was, but wonderful memories, ty for sharing. your PUDC looks delicious, that cake bug sure traveled around here too! Whistling

Iona, great scaps from the nests, ty. that is just crazy being that short handed that one person has 22 people to care for, no way anyone can do that, and do it properly, you and the patients suffer, thankfully you had good people on the shift that night willing to help you Left thumb up no wonder you want to leave

Jean, funny and cute Cockatoo Grin Whitey wasn't quite that vocal, i'm not looking either for the cleaning bug for awhile now, a year's rest sounds good to me Nodding yes that battery video can be a real life saver, i never heard that before either, ty. Clapping

have a great evening everyone Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 09:38 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Good Evening EA Friends....

Y'all have such kind words.......Thank you for being you. Doreen, That is exactly how I feel! I don't like to put Pebbles there but my last rescue kitty was taken out too soon and my then
oldest cat had not accepted her yet so bad things incurred (he sprayed). I have learned that letting things take their natural course is better as as my vet said "take your time" it'll pay off.
Harmony is worth one million bucks.

Little Pebbles is OK with being there as she has plenty of toys, is visited by both me and two of the kitties often, played with and is content. There is so much for her to learn and she is little.
I guess I kind of empathize. When I was in Japan at 16 I had to learn Japanese in a short time from nothing to everything. I had a room that was beautiful which was my safe place from all the learning I had to do and it was home for me. I got up every morning by 5 to study my dictionary, and then spent the day listening and learning, speaking too. It took 3 weeks for relative fluency. So...trust me I know what
she is experiencing. Total immersion from nothing. I know that is quite an abstract analogy, but I see it that way.

It's very cold here still. Below 30 which is cold for this part of Texas but delightful. So many things were closed today due to freezing roads (icy). I hope y'all stay as warm as you can.
Hugs to all of you,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 10:57 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

OMG my NestieLuvs

Am I ever behind or what! I've been really busy so all I've been able to do is read. I'll just say -
I cryed buckets watching the Hope video Scott. Watching her grow up every day and now
remembering all the ups and downs we went through with her, I really miss her. Of course it then
brings to mind the other bears we have lost. I sure hope whatever is going on behind the scenes
turns in to very good news. Then Texie, you are getting good GF. Nottie & Z playing together
is a wonderful sequence. Those clouds are beautiful and for some reason I think of those pictures
we've seen of "old man winter" blowing cold air even though the colors are hot; it's just the shape.
Then I'm happy to read you are getting set up Doreen for your chemo. I think Whitey has
your number and can get away with anything! I remember when Bleu was attacked Carolyn...
a terrible time for sweet Bleu. Love happy Ruud's new setup Anna. Give him a hug and
a little kissy-kissy from me. Can't believe I lost the string off my finger but I've now made a BIG note
so I won't forget again. Jeannie, thank you for the battery video. I have a bag of batteries and
I know they shouldn't touch on the metal ends but I'm sure they are so now I shall tape them and
get them off to the haz. material place pronto. I've just been lazy about getting rid of this stuff. Oh yeah Scott,
I think I've started an official PUDC club around here. I've made it with the pecans like Dede did. Great
looking cake Dede. Iona, that's awful. Too much for one person even with help because you are ultimately
responsible so I think I would tell them you can't do that anymore. Oh and I can't forget to tell you Judi, I love
that picture of Jayden.Wub

Well I know there's bunches more to chat about but I haven't had dinner yet so I'm going now.

HAVE A GOOD NIGHT ALLBig hugshugRed Heart

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 11:16 PM EST  
txelements

I read (((EA))), checked into FNL for about 5 good minutes before the kids came in. I thought I'd BB in a few but ended up "exiting stage right", till now. Sending big hugs behind me. Smile

Annie.......congrats, you are in the "now", now. Big hugs

Sweet dream wishes coming your way, Doree. hug
I'm thinking i'll take the "bug" to the woods & make sure it has no bread in it's pocket. Grin

Got cigars ready, Scoot ? Smile

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 11:18 PM EST  
mmud

Nice s'caps from the 3 Florida cams Iona. The Ft. Meyers and Eagle Foundation 'lets are sure growing fast. Smile
I hope you didn't end up with that many patients again today.

Cute vid of Bella "arguing" Jean. Titter
I'd never heard of the 9 volt battery problem before either. I didn't think there would be enough of a charge to cause a spark even when shorted out.

Beautiful pics of the Cardinals, Mockingbird, House finch, & colorful sunrise Naoma. Smile
Cute shots of Z 'n N at play.
It's been quite a while since I've had a rubber boot in that situation but I remember a few of those over the years. Titter

Good to hear things went well at your Dr. appointment today Doreen. Smile

Amazing how you learned Japanese so quickly Carolyn. Smile

wave Annie

Juliet Has Cubs! UPDATE January 24, 2014

First cub sighting
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 24 2014 @ 11:28 PM EST  
txelements

Bravo Juliet & Welcome Cubbie Trio Red Heart

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 25 2014 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Saturday ~ January 25, 2014

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 03:44 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate