https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: deewerms (offline) on Monday, January 20 2014 @ 05:25 PM EST  
deewerms

hi everyone, it was a nice day here with some sun on/off, pretty warm too so took advantage before the bitter cold hits tomorrow and some more snow possible, shook out scatter rugs, did dusting, vacumning, cleaned cabinet fronts and double cleaned the bathroom, felt like i had taken some speed! Oh My am happy with myself and a nice clean house, and after 2 Tylenol i decided enough for today, sat down for R & R to peek in on some wildlife, watched Holly a bit then sis came by, so this was started a few hours ago Grin

Dede, good to see you drop in, no apologizes here, we all come in when we want to but you are always in our thoughts. congrats on your team beating the Pats Cheers they played a better game and that was that, i felt bad for our Pats but there always has to be a loser, next year they will have to fight harder and play better.

Elle, everyone here wants some of Scott's cake, he's going to have to make another one Clapping

Linda, wow, that eagle has a huge fish he's eating there it appears, great catch of it taking flight and very much enjoyed the pics at sky drive, and nice video also. i only can watch some Nat. Geo. on pc now myself, i loved that ch. also when i had it, but it is in the higher priced pkg. than what i have now. my first chemo is on the 28th, next Tues. i sure wasn't bored today!! Grin

Naoma, cute Kitty video, first time for me Chin i think. LOL Holly is not alone, but she has no idea, sleeping soundly the last few hours and only saw her breathe heavily once when i was looking.

Scott, sounds like you saw the same one i did. i used to love Nat. Geo. but not on my tv pkg. anymore as i downgraded a few lousy bucks and lost that ch. plus another favorite, DIY network Mad cheapskates cable company. but i can see some N. Geo. on pc so, now i can watch those on tv Left thumb up enjoyed the bear update, such a cute tiny cublet Wub

Byebye Anna, Judi, Jean, Carolyn, Annie and everyone

have a good evening everyone Byebye

Grin Holly up now trying so hard to get herself buried, sits up frustrated, goes back down for another try (click 2x for bigger)

Click on image to download

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Monday, January 20 2014 @ 05:36 PM EST  
deewerms

Holly not happy with cold area of her back exposed i guess, got up to rake a nice high pile, back down now to try for a new Sleepy appears happy now, no sign of Vinny. i notice sometimes the live feed stops, to refresh i have to click on "live stream" words in upper right corner, then all well again

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Monday, January 20 2014 @ 06:00 PM EST  
nonniejean8

Hello EagleNestieLuvs...wave

Linda ~ Amazing captures, GF! Left thumb up

Nice day here too Red Heart Doree Red Heart...73°F right now...Oh My
I keep thinkin' early spring this year...maybe...fingers crossed
Winds are feeling just like March.
I wish I'd had your 'smart spell'...more R & R was 'bout all I accomplished. very embarrassed
Thanks for the ((((( Holly ))))) s'caps.

Ditto all the rest Doree said...I B still in R & R mode...Whistling

Byebye

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Monday, January 20 2014 @ 10:16 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

G'Evening NestieLuvs

I think I started something with my Pineapple Upside Down Cake. Anyone who hasn't had this cake (Elle, Dede), you should really give it a try. I don't find it overly sweet at all Scott but then I've been cheating for years and using a yellow cake mixOh the shame replacing most of the water with the pineapple juice. Sounds like you made yours from scratch. Btw, I did use pineapple slices this go round...never even thought to post a picture.

Thank you Anna for the show time. Now, I'll have to tie a string around my finger.Nodding yes

Guess we're all pacing our den floors waiting for Juliet to give birth Scott. I'm looking forward to the updates on her. So interesting about the little cub. Wonder how long the labor was.

Linda, I like the short video of the eagle with it's fish. Wonderful flight photos on Sky Drive as are all the others. That looks like a large fish...know what kind?
Most of California has extreme drought conditions and that includes us here in the southern part of the SJ Valley. "A full 63 percent of the state is in extreme drought conditions, according to the U.S. Drought Monitor — up from 23 percent just last week and extending into northwestern Nevada. Precipitation for the water year (which begins October 1) is less than 20 percent of normal levels in the areas of most extreme drought. Up in the Sierra Nevada mountains, snowpack — a major repository for the state’s water supply — is between 10 and 30 percent of normal, with many locations now in the bottom 5th percentile. Two of the state’s lakes are only 36 percent full; the San Luis Reservoir in Central Valley is down to 30 percent." This inevitably means water rationing.

Dede, Wonderful to see you GF.

Loved seeing the darling kitten again Texie. I have done that with many a kitten; just so darned cute.
Keep forgetting to tell you I don't let my kitties play with rubber bands. NW loves to play with them but when I saw him turn upside down pulling on it with his paws, I thought 'eeek he could swallow that' so no more rubber bands for him.

Wow Doreen, Send me some of that energy please! I have so many projects of clean out-get rid of stuff to do but it isn't very appealing, lol. I do like that feeling though of getting things done.
Will be with you in mind and heart when you go for your chemo.
Love the Holly s'caps. Thanks for posting those. Every time I look in on her she's asleep. That's the case right now; I can only see a sliver of her in the straw.

Jeannie, We were 73° today also. The thing you have that I would like to have is the wind...hardly a zephyr around here.

Judi, I don't think I've seen that Bud ad......funny. Thanks for posting it.

Have a Great Night Nesties.Big hugshugRed Heart

((((((((((Candy))))))))))

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: mmud (offline) on Monday, January 20 2014 @ 11:23 PM EST  
mmud

wave Naoma

Lovely pics and vid of the eagle with the big fish and pics of eagle taking flight Linda. Smile

It sounds like you've had a pretty productive day Doreen.
Cute pics of Holly trying to bury herself. When I checked earlier she had succeeded. Titter
When the cam hesistates for me, I just click pause then play and it has always started again so far.

wave Jean

I hadn't seen that Bud commercial before Judi. Excellent! Rolling on floor laughing

I use the yellow cake mix and also pineapple juice instead of water too Annie. I trust Duncan Hines and Betty Crocker. Titter
The only overly sweet parts are the sections where the brown sugar seems to have amassed...but it's still good.
I couldn't find out how long the Syrian Brown bear was in labor but did learn a lot more about the species. They're extinct in several of their native countries and on the brink of extinction in the wild.
Sorry to hear the drought situation is getting worse.

No bear update this evening, but all is well. Still no cubs for Juliet.

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Tuesday, January 21 2014 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Tuesday ~ January 21, 2014

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Tuesday, January 21 2014 @ 09:05 AM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi EA Friends.....

I was flying by, had to watch the Bud commercial, loved it Judi....thank you.

Kitten, kids and life is keeping me and Bleu out of trouble and off the Forum. Kitten finally settling in where I have her. She is a constant motion kitty so pictures have not worked.
She loves to purr, play, and run.

I am so sorry about your drought Annie.....we had that twice since we have moved here and it was awful. I hope they end up wrong and it does not last.

I hope y'all have a wonderful day,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Tuesday, January 21 2014 @ 05:54 PM EST  
deewerms

snow coming this evening and i'm hoping for a nice small amount, wishes are free so i am using my share fingers crossed i am posting early for a change and going to rest early, woke up at 530am this morning and couldn't go back to sleep Wooh

Jean, we sure aren't thinking spring here tonight, wind chill -2 out there right now Oh My and some places near us going to get 12-14" of the cold pretty white stuff tonight, i am thankful we here are only supposed to get small amount. fingers crossed i have many more R & R days than i do work days Wink

Judi, funny Bud video, really cute one Clapping

Annie, i hope that drought ends soon and it rains heavy for a few days, again, wishes are free.... Grin but it is sad you are all going through that. i see Holly sleeping more than awake too, just happened along when she was trying to get deeper down as her back was exposed, and it's most likely freezing there too.

Scott, missed the bear update, we are spoiled Grin

Carolyn, sounds like you have had your hands full, kids and new kitty, bless you, but they will keep you young. Wink

i hope everyone has a nice evening, back tomorrow Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 01:58 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate