https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2014
 |  Printable Version
By: deewerms (offline) on Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 07:36 PM EST  
deewerms

it snowed today for about half the day, was a very heavy snow and we got about 6". it was about 30 here all day also, felt colder after having 40's and 50's for awhile.

Scott, if Juliet is that close to having cubs, she sure doesn't act very uncomfortable, glad for her though. beautiful Friday drive eagle and other pics, really enjoyed seeing them earlier. love

Carolyn, cute name for your cardinal, and love your vole poem. i hope Holly just looks but not leaps after him fingers crossed Grin

Linda, wonderful pics in sky drive, so many beautiful eagles, i really love the capture in your post also. i loved seeing the panda cub pics too Wub i kept clicking on the advance > and other pics came on, i saw every one since it was born and they announced "it's a girl", all were very cute. it is nice being off work most of the time but at times i get bored, but, i have been thinking of getting back to my painting project, the bottom half of my liv. rm./hallway wall, have the paint ready, just need me ready! think i'll see first how the chemo and radiation makes me feel. but if i have a project, i won't get so bored on/off.

Elle, hope you enjoyed your day with your friend Sue.

Judy, ty for the piece of chocolate cake, one of my faves. Left thumb up

Naoma, Jean, Annie, Anna, Iona, Gord, Candy, Dede, Kathy, Laurie, Rose, Starr, Bev and Deb Big hugs

have a good evening everyone Byebye

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 07:45 PM EST  
txelements

Evenin' Luvies.........

Scott.....
I snuck a peek @ the BB update before signing off last night. Smile
Jumping in the back seat for Friday's longer drive.

Just a wave & Big hugs for now, NestYas.

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 08:17 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Byebye'Afternoon NestieLuvs

Quite a balmy day here today again and I have to admit I've really enjoyed being out
there even if it's not for pure pleasure. Can't believe January and I don't have to bundle
up....short sleeves! If this keeps up, I'll be swimming in January! Notice the days getting
longer?

I've been keeping up with the reading and lookin but a lot snuck up on me missing a day or
two of not chatting with you.

Could've guessed Elle that Knowlton has quite the collection of "trophies" and proud of it! The mindset that allows hunters to justify their actions in the name of conservation is not likely to be changed but I just hope the pressure will be so great that this guy will have a change of heart.
Sam and I loved the "no" pup video.

Scott, It was just too cute watching Holly watching Vinny and jumping at him. I don't want her to catch him either; he's a good sideshow when she's all buried. Most times I look in on her she is buried or asleep. She really is a good raker. I think she has heightened instincts beyond her age. I bet she will make an outstanding mother.
I went over and looked at your Monday and Thursday pix and really enjoyed them. I particularly loved the photo of the pair perched atop the tree with the beautiful backdrop of the mountains.

Carolyn, Sweet pictures of Blue.

Anna, I was so disappointed when I saw your post about Ruud's show. I only got to hear him introduce the last song and listen to that and his closing. I always loved that show so much and hearing him in Dutch was something I always liked so that would have been just fine with me. Hearing just the one song and Ruud's calm voice gave me the warm fuzzies.

Linda, The eagle with the fish is so cool. Twas I who asked if Marinda had taken any Italian language classes. Good to know she has had one semester and it's true, many English speaking Italians.
You're right, very handsome juvie. You know how I love juvies. The redtail hawk is very beautiful too.

Scott, Outstanding sequences of photos for your trip to Harrison Mills. That had to be a lot of fun watching the chases and reactions to one another. I had to giggle at the juvie's ho-hum look as you walked by. Those small nests are very interesting. Those look like plastic strips of some kind. They make a cheerful, pretty nest. I hope you can find out what birds built those....very interesting how they
attached them.

Jeannie, I use crushed pineapple too and I bake in a 9x13 porcelane dish. I've also used pineapple chunks when I didn't have anything else. I love when I can get fresh pineapple, core it and cut the rounds in half. I don't use the cherries either...so unnecessary; I just want to taste pineapple!

Doreen,hug It was just great to read that you felt better yesterday and got some things done. I love it that you can see your puter on your tv. I want to do that but don't know if our tv is set up for that. The BluRay is so that's probably the way we could do it.
I grew up eating the P U-D cake too. My g'ma's was soooooo yummy. I don't make them often but at least a couple of times a year I get a hankerin for one.

Texie, Thanks for the link to the Owl cam. They sure make interesting vocalizations!
The Santa Anas have lessened but we still have this high pressure ridge that just won't go away.
The fire has waned but we are in an "extreme" drought now so fire danger is high. Three idiots
started that fire with an illegal campfire.
Awwwww, just love your Z-bo "practice" photo. He looks like 'I'm coming for a hug'.

Scott, Phew is right! So glad they got Juliet's cam going. It would be so, so sad to miss the
birth of Juliet's cubs.

Linda, Just outstanding pictures on Sky Drive. So many are publication worthy. There's something special about seeing an eagle having a meal; just makes you feel good that they have food.
I saw special Bao Bao on the news this morning.

All for now but I bet I'll already be behind again!

Ah, yep........I see you ByebyeDoreen and Texie

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: mmud (offline) on Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 09:59 PM EST  
mmud

Cute poem about Holly & Vinny Carolyn. Titter
Good to hear the cardinal is still around. Thumper is a perfect name for him. Smile

Beautiful pics from your 3 days of eagle viewing with your friends Linda. They must have been thrilled to see so many eagles. Smile
Thanks for the link to Bao Bao's pics and story. Such a little cutie!

That must have been a good Expedition Wild show with the Brooks Falls bears Doreen. Smile
Have fun with your tax forms. Whistling
I hope that's the extent of the snow you get this time around.

wave elle

mmm mmm good. Thanks for the slice of cake Judi. Titter

wave Anna & Naoma

I saw the same type of nests in that tree last year Annie. I should have taken a closer look to see where the nest entrance was but I was more interested in the eagles. Smile
The only bird I've found here so far that builds a hanging nest is the American Bushtit so I suppose that's what these nests are.
At least I have discovered the name of the tiny little birds I see in my back yard all the time.

Thanks about yesterday's pics everyone. I had a lot of fun. Smile

Holly, Honey, and Juliet UPDATE January 18, 2014

Syrian brown bear Jan. 16th
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: txelements (offline) on Saturday, January 18 2014 @ 10:43 PM EST  
txelements

Doree, I'm looking up Expedition Wild, for sure.

Carolyn & Vinny & Thumper, Linda, elle, JuD, Anna

Annie.......I immediately thought of you when I tuned in to the LaVida show & heard Enya, I will find you.

I'm intrigued with the bird nest, too, Scott. Unique, for sure.

The Syrian Brown Bear is beautiful, Scott. The tiny new life is amazing. Such gentle giants.

My emotions are not working for me so (((BearHugs to All)))

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: mmud (offline) on Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 02:59 AM EST  
mmud

Cake's done. Grin
(I like the cherries as I never have an excuse to eat them.) Titter
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: mmud (offline) on Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 03:00 AM EST  
mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Sunday ~ January 19, 2014

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Sunday, January 19 2014 @ 05:23 AM EST  
nonniejean8

Scootie!

Clapping

Bravo

Wooh

Wooh

Wub

Big hugs

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 02:23 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate