Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 02:41 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Hello Friends, I have missed you all the past couple days. Big hugs

I had texted Elle and she was having the same issue as me "Not Found" when searching for HWF. Its great that the website is back up.Very Happy

Doreen, I hope all is going well and each day you are feeling stronger my friend. Left thumb up

Thanks Elle and Carolyn about your comments for entering the Wildlife photo contest. I will give it some thought. Thank You

Carolyn, I hope you are feeling better my friend. Sounds like Liam is growing and doing very well. At that age there are so many changes that happen over night, in a blink of an eye. Smile

I made it down to the rivers December 8, I found the rivers nearly frozen over. There were some open areas where Tugboats and barges had passed through and that is where the eagles were. There where a couple barges and tugs anchored to shore and eagles were near them too watching for fish. I caught some photos and posted them at Skydrive at this link.

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=47E94315 ... z6US3pPe9o

This is a few of my favorites, you will see their beaks are red stained from meals on the ice.

Click on image to download

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 02:52 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Today is the beginning of a warm up here. Actually it is raining, what a mess with 2 feet of snow melting and the rain falling at the same time. Stacy and I got out for a walk on the snow covered bike trail this morning. It was quite the workout tracking through the deep snow, but we burned a few calories and had some laughs along the way. I'm sure going to miss her when she heads back to school. Smile

I though you would find this photo from the Sanctuary interesting. A man pointed out to me an owl in the tall grass along the marsh near the river. I thought to my self that looks like a mighty small owl???? Chin So I took a few photos and pulled out my binoculars and could see the hawk. There was a group of small ducks swimming close by and the remains of the hawks last meal, a duck. It looked to be a Red-shouldered Hawk.

Well off I go to finish my work out and few other things. I work my monthly weekend tomorrow and Sunday. I told Elle it is good money and purpose. Nodding yes

See you all later gators. Dear cat

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 06:13 PM EST  
txelements

Glorious day on the winter river, Linda. Such beauty. Nodding yes

Bravo

The hawk is all fluffed up & almost no neck showing; I can see how it might look like an owl from a distance.

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: deewerms (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 06:17 PM EST  
deewerms

hi everyone, wanted to check in and say hello, been a busy day and i was out visiting family also for few hours. glad the forums are back today. tried a few times yesterday to get on but saw on their fb page they were down all day. we had 30's temps today and 50's with heavy rain tomorrow, sounds like what Linda is having today coming my way, Very Happy

Elle, didn't you go to that last year also? or one like it, thought you had said the art was very beautiful but expensive, hope you and Ian and friend enjoyed it the other day.

Carolyn, i hope you are feeling better quickly, little Lori sounds like a little doll Wub and the baby Liam will be Lori's size before you know it! Nodding yes enjoy him when you get better though.

Linda, very beautiful eagles at skydrive, loved the deer too, and the big barges. very nice fun photos with Stacy also, looks like it would of been a tough trudge though that snow Left thumb up

Well, short and sweet tonight, hope everyone enjoys their evening and has some decent weather this weekend after all the frigids this past week, see you soon Byebye

wave Scott, Jean, Naoma, Anna, Annie, Judi, and everyone

Doreen Salem, NH
joined Sept.2 2008

Forum

Salem, NH

Profile Email   PM

By: Woodlands Bleu (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 06:31 PM EST  
Woodlands Bleu

Hi Friends.....

Thank you, I am feeling better, a bit. I was with Eli and Lori today, getting Eli a haircut, taking them on the carousel at our Mall and we had lunch together. Little Liam was with Mom who had to get his birth certificate (I stayed in her car with kids when she ran in to do it) and other errands and then went to my house to rest and let him sleep. The kids were precious.

Eli asks me interesting questions - you just never know what he will say. Then you have to answer in a good manner that makes sense. It can be a challenge.
We walked through the Mall to the haircut place in an interesting manner....They were with me and I would tell them to "march", or "hop", or "skip" or "stop" or "walk" and folks
passing us were all grinning. Also they were to "watch out" for other people. Smile I gave directions, i.e. right and left, or straight and they had to quickly figure out what I meant.
It was delightful.

We brought back lunch for mom so she could have lunch for Liam........

It's been really rainy and our temps have increased. I am sure it will get cold again.

I loved your pictures Linda. Dee always a delight to hear from you. And hearing from all of you is a precious moment.....
Happy Friday evening friends,
carolyn

Choose joy.......
Since Sept 2009.
carolyn

Forum

The Woodlands, TX

Profile     PM

By: mmud (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 06:54 PM EST  
mmud

Thanks for posting the morning greet Jean. Smile
I wasn't able to get here 'til now and it didn't work until I changed the DNS server again. Not fun at all. Titter

wave Naoma

Beautiful pics of the eagles, deer, swans, tugs, scenery, hawk, and family Linda. Smile
I hope the deer stay off the ice!

wave Doreen

Good to hear you're feeling better today Carolyn. Sounds like you had a fun outing with the kids. Smile

Holly and Waiting UPDATE January 9, 2014

Holly hears a vole

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, January 10 2014 @ 09:34 PM EST  
txelements

Doree...........short, sweet or however, good to hear from you & know you're good. Big hugs

Carolyn......so glad you are feeling better.
"We brought back lunch for mom so she could have lunch for Liam........" Red Heart

Scott.....What did you do for your DNS to ban you? Titter

The "Holly hears a vole" pic is just precious. Wub
What must she think of her adventure & new surroundings?
Hopefully we'll learn to speak "Holly", better & better.

Hugs all around Big hugs

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 12:14 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate