Our new website is live!

https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > Eagle Nests Across North America - and the World > Other North American Nests with Ground Observers
 Eagles Along The Mississippi, Missouri, and Illinois Rivers
 |  Printable Version
By: anna-holland (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 08:18 AM EST  
anna-holland

:hello: Good Morning .....

I did found 9 pictures......
Click on image to download

But at the end for the contect, I choice...

....... this one. This picture have a relax look, every-time you see more, buds on the branches come out, icicles on the right side of the eagle. If this is for a calendar then it is great. ( click on it for bigger Grin it is more beautiful)
Febr. 6 at 09.40PM at page 124.(I hope we have the same time on the HWF, pages of mine are 25 a page)

...and then this one.......ice on his bill.....wet feathers on the under side. Big nails on the fish...
December 25 at 07.52 PM at page 110.

There where more , many more great pictures, good luck Linda :hello:

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 09:06 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Thanks Friends for taking the time to choice a few eagle photos you liked and might be good for the eagle photo contest. I really appreciate all the time and effort it took to help me decide. Thanks also for your comments and support you have always given me, it means a lot! hug

Iona, It would be eagle photos only, thanks for asking.Smile

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: cockatiel (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 12:20 PM EST  
cockatiel

Linda,

AAACCCKKK decisions, decisions...Don't Panic

Okay, I went back and forth so many times that Tom thought I was growing cobwebs sitting here.

12/15 at 3:55 with wings hunched down

12/18 at 1:30 it would be the 3rd one of the group

12/28 at 9:06 it would be the 2nd pic, the one with the eagle calling.

One other would have been on 12/15 at 3:06, the 3rd pic with the juvie flying but I didn't know if it was clear. But since I can only pick 3 out of the gazillion, I will stick with the top 3. Phew

I didn't write the page # down because I thought everyone would have different numbers. Hope what I did was okay.

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: cockatiel (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 01:36 PM EST  
cockatiel

Just thought I would add, that going through all of Dec and all of Jan, I went back and forth writing down all the ones I thought, but before I made myself so confused, I thought I would stick with the first ones on my list. Nodding yes

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Iona (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 04:17 PM EST  
Iona

Ok Linda It was very hard, but I narrowed it down to 2. I enlaged both and they remaim very clear. I can't remember the page #, but your pages are different than mine anyway. In both pics I love the framed look to them.

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Sunday, February 20 2011 @ 08:05 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hi Linda me again Green LOL

I started with 19 and what I'm going to do here is post my absolute number 1 choice then I'll come back and edit this with maybe one or two second and third choices from the 12 that I'm still holding and considering. But this one is by far my fav of the bunch. I think Anna and I are on the same bunch she's just one either before this one or after this one

Dec 25th, page 110 (25 posts per page)

I'm having such trouble cause I'm not one of the judges. What are they looking for is the question. Are they online Linda where we could read the guidelines or get a feel for what they want? If it's perfection I can rule some out if it's artistic or things that 'speak of' eagles and your river my choices become easier. I loooove some of the shots where there was interaction between an adult and a juvie over fish but they aren't the sharpest, most defined shots. If that's not a must have then they're in! dilemma...same as the shot of the 4 adults on the ice, the one of the left has the fish and is giving the other three a talking to. That one is Jan 28th page 121 but it's not the sharpest at all, it's what the picture says to me that would put it in :dunno:

But here's my second choice because its such a great shot of two stages in an eagles' development. Feather pattern and eyes, perfect comparison and terrific shot to boot

Dec 25th, page 109 (xmas was a good day for you to take pics!!)

This choice may have you scratching your head but I love it!! Even though the head and neck are the only clear parts...that's why I love it. Even the position up high in the pic strikes me as right

Feb 15th, page 128

full disclosure - pics may change without warning Wooh

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: edkeagle (offline) on Monday, February 21 2011 @ 01:57 AM EST  
edkeagle

Hi Linda: Re: Photo contest. Lori brings up some interesting points related to contest guidelines. If the judges are looking for photos that illustrate the Alton area, then you may want to consider a photo that everyone will recognize is from your area. However, I would only do this if you have a photo that shows a prominent landmark (bridge, lighthouse, barge, etc.) in which the eagle takes up most of the photo, but everyone still will be able to identify the location of the photo, sort of like Jan. 23 @1:28 (bridge in background) If this is the type of photo that judges have selected in previous years, I’d suggest that you consider this or something like it as one of the two photos. If so, that leaves one more photo, what I would consider the “Gee Whiz!'' type of photo. I really like the photos of the eagle carrying the fish, especially “The eagle checks me out,” as well as the two before it on 2-15-11. I agree with mmud’s selection of “Icebreak Eagle.’’ In fact, I liked all your photos of the eagles in the ice. I don’t envy you. You have some magnificent photos (is there a contest for pelicans?) and you have a difficult choice selecting the two that you think will have a chance to win. Select what you think is the sharpest, and if you are being judged by professional photographers, consider the rule of thirds in any submission. Good luck.

First you must follow before you lead.

--Ed K.
Blaine, Washington

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Monday, February 21 2011 @ 08:09 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Good Morning Friends,

Wow, you all have come up with photos that I have selected also. Lori, the third photo with the eagle flying out is one of my favorites. I have it as my screen saver at this time. So we are are the thoughts on that one for sure. The eagle with the fish lunch on the floating ice that you, Scott, and Anna picked I love also and will most likely submit on of the grouping. Scott's pick also of the juvenile on the snowy branch that looks 3D, has also been one of my favorites all along. Ed and Lori have brought up some good questions. The judges are professional photographers and any thing goes as long as there is an eagle or eagles in the photo. The photos that have won in the past are all different ranging from action, perched, adult or juvenile and some times scenery such as Ed brought up with the bridge in the background. You have all picked photos that I have considered. Thanks so much for your time and effort my friends, you all are the best.Wub

Now I'm going to post the photos that I also think might be winners and I would like to know what you think out of that group also.

I'm first going to post photos of the adult with the fish on the river, I do believe one of the photos will be from this group.

Please put the date with the number of the photos you choose, some numbers are duplicates.

Votes:1
12/23/10 #547

Votes:3
12/23/10 #560

Votes:0
12/23/10 #570

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:49 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate