You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Other North American Eagle Cams
 Jordan Lake, NC - 2011 - Bald Eagle Nest
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: SusanClizbe () on Sunday, January 23 2011 @ 07:07 PM EST  
Anonymous: SusanClizbe

Quote by: golden1

Cal, I love the pics of the feedings but especially of the eaglets sitting on the front porch in front of Ma. Soon I will download the media player. .

Golden1 - you may not need to download the player, you may just need to correct the settings. If you already have QuickTime, the instructions at the link here might help. I had to do this to my work computer to get it to play correctly.
http://247pearsoned.custhelp.com/app/an ... d-settings

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 11:41 AM EST  
Anonymous: CAL04

Grin Good morning Jordan Lake,

Hello SUSAN,
We are delighted to have you here on the forum with us. Thank you for the information on NC State University's Citizen Science project and your invitation to join the action. How fun!

Earlier this morning I watched a brief feeding; will edit my s'caps to post before day's end.

Donna, Hope that you are able to see the cam soon....

ETA: Brief morning feeding,
7:58 am EST (pic stamped PST)
Click on image to download

7:59 am,

7:59 am, Poop Shot - Youngest eaglet is eating well.

After eldest eaglet bumped into younger sibling, then the parent actually crossed the nest to feed the little one.

By: JudyB (offline) on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 11:54 AM EST  
JudyB

Good morning - and welcome, Susan! Welcome

I hope you don't mind that I edited your post to make the picture visible - the trick is to use the FILE tags with the number 1 between them for the first attachment, 2 for the second, and so on. (click for details)

And since the forum was offline when I went to post these last night, I'll add them now:

18 pics

12 pics - happy one-week-old hatchday to #2

16 pics

I'm noticing that #1 is still significantly larger - though #2 is doing just fine. I'm noticing that #1 is beginning to get her second coat of down (and Susan from the Jordan Lake project noted that it's been quite cold there - so that's a good thing!). And I'm noticing that their little bandit masks are beginning to look like eyes and a fairly large beak!

Forum

Midcoast Maine, USA

Profile Email Website PM

By: Anonymous: SusanClizbe () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 12:12 PM EST  

Thanks for posting that photo - see, Judy, I need tech help too!

Feel free to post any of our images here - as a government agency, we use the Creative Commons free use with attribution requested license.

#1 is stretching her LOOOONG neck right now, should have some images to post shortly. They're sitting in the nest with Mom on the side for almost half an hour now, but don't seem to be too cold.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 12:46 PM EST  

Quote by: SusanClizbe

Thanks for posting that photo - see, Judy, I need tech help too!

Feel free to post any of our images here - as a government agency, we use the Creative Commons free use with attribution requested license.

#1 is stretching her LOOOONG neck right now, should have some images to post shortly. They're sitting in the nest with Mom on the side for almost half an hour now, but don't seem to be too cold.

Susan,

I have post a video on You Tube. Have I complied with your "Creative Commons free use with attribution requested license"? If not, I shall remove the video ASAP!

Link to my video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sR__BEJjHZE

By: Anonymous: SusanClizbe () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 02:00 PM EST  

Wow, you can really see how much they've grown just since Friday!! And I just saw your poop shot from this morning, awesome! I had seen the little white spots but nothing like one of them actually making one.

These parents really are very good at keeping both of them fed well. They have LOTS of prey, and both nudge #1 out of the way and have the patience to keep on with the feeding until #1 is so full she just lies down and #2 gets all he wants.

The Youtube is fine - ideally, if you could use this, I'd be really happy:
The Jordan Lake EagleCam is a collaboration between N.C. State University and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wilmington District. Join them on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/fqhb2D

Thanks for your interest and sharing the images - have a great Monday!
SUSAN.

By: Anonymous: CAL04 () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 03:08 PM EST  

Thank you, Susan,

I have updated my YouTube video details as per your disclaimer: "The Jordan Lake EagleCam is a collaboration between N.C. State University and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers Wilmington District. Join them on Facebook at http://on.fb.me/fqhb2D"

Also, I checked the link on YouTube to your FB page - it works!

3:03 pm,
Parent is brooding both eaglets; parent faces 11 o'clock.

By: Anonymous: SusanClizbe () on Monday, January 24 2011 @ 03:22 PM EST  

Thanks, Cal!!

All times are EST. The time is now 03:16 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate