https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 08:41 PM EST  
vickrb

Well, things have settled down and there have been no aftershocks that goodness. That is always the worry. I did not like that I am on the third floor of a relatively unsecure building. My filing cabinet (4 drawers) bounced across the floor up to the back of my chair and scared me you can believe. It blocked my way and i had to climb over it and the desk to get out. Did not take me long to find the first floor and fresh air. FIrst thing I did was move my car which I park against the building. After about 15 min. my boss said we should all go for about 3 hours until the check the building. I went back to work about 1:30. Ornaments down at home,but only in the living room not the bedroom or kitchen, but only one broke. pattio chairs were upturned and that was about all.

I along with a few others actually heard it coming and we thought it was a plane that missed the airport (they fly right over us). I am too old for these kinds of scares. I am certain my white hair just got whiter. Not a bad color really

Thank you for caring and I appreciate that. It is good to have friends out there for sure. No property damaged and no-one hurt. Just one sink hole in a condo property - 300ft x 200 ft. Looks like a crater.

I am very tired and going to bed. I will check in tomorrow night and then I am of for 5 days. Took two days vacation as a friend is coming from New York and Monday is a holiday here. Lucky me.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, January 19 2010 @ 08:59 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Quote by: Stella E

didn't know it existedd. Will it appear later. Can we all have home pages?

Bless this 17inch monitar I have it is small and I find the forum huge so I have to shift from one to end.
ok now Stella how are you? Do come over and visit my little Singing Bird Lane line that as
Velma said is where I kept all my things that I thought people would enjoy,
like names of real old songs,poetry wish I love
and a whole variety of things including some stories I have had in my life time.
You can still see it on the old forum. It was fun and I enjoyed it.
With both of us not feeling well it will be awhile before I write anything much on the The Singing Bird Lane line..
But you never know when I get an inspiration I usually share it be it sad or funny.or whatever .
So there is the low down on that and it was very nice of Judy B to do that too.
Hope your enjoying the warm weather...pictures please: Jean (The whirling dervichDon't Panic:clap2:

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 08:43 AM EST  
vickrb

ByebyeHelo Jean and all you Feathered Friendz

All is well and quiet in Cayman today. :whew: We have had enough excitement for a long long time.Grin I have enough white hairs now and don't need any more.Rolling on floor laughing

Jean I found your other site you speak about Mug of coffee thanks for that invitation to visit. I kinda like it there. Smile Posted for you as well.

I am at work sigh signso did not take time to catchup on any posts but will later as the day goes on

Have a great Wednesday - I am off afer today for the next 5 days.:giggle::clap2: I need it after yesterday and am really glad I had it already booked.

BBL

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 07:24 PM EST  
vickrb

Hey am I the only one posting today???PuzzledPuzzled Where is everyone. :dunno:This is no fun this way.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 07:39 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

sorry, but i'm on vacation and when I'm not playing tennis, biking , or shopping , I'm watching the Australian open Tennis on TV or on my laptop ( In case you didn't know Vickie i'm a tennis addict !!! ). Enjoy your guests. Lucky people to be in the Caymans in Jan. Here its been in the hi 60's for the last week but thunderstorms possible tomorrow

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 08:52 PM EST  
vickrb

Hi Stella - tennis is a good sport. Gee, I was beginning to thnk maybe they decided to leave the old forum up and running. Not too many people around on a lot of the new ones. I kinda miss the old one, I wished we had it back. I am not having fun any more here so maybe I will move on soon.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 09:01 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

usually there is a fair amount going on . I'm not sure where everyone is. I don't think the new forum has anything to do with it. I said i'd not be on much as I'm away. It's tough to find the time to keep going on, putting on pictures , etc every day when there are other things going on in ones life -- i post on a tennis forum and between the 2 forums, reading and posting it takes up a lot of time and i don't always have a lot of time.
give it a bit longer before quitting. i expect velma is worn out after the set up and is taking a break. Ayla said she'd be off for a few days at her cabin. Jean may not be feeling the best and Gabe has had a tough time. Karen is still away in Vegas and has limited computer time
So , perhaps they're just relaxing after all the anxiety of the switchover. Relax. Enjoy your time off and your guests .

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 20 2010 @ 09:19 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Quote by: Stella E

usually there is a fair amount going on . I'm not sure where everyone is. I don't think the new forum has anything to do with it. I said i'd not be on much as I'm away. It's tough to find the time to keep going on, putting on pictures , etc every day when there are other things going on in ones life -- i post on a tennis forum and between the 2 forums, reading and posting it takes up a lot of time and i don't always have a lot of time.
give it a bit longer before quitting. i expect velma is worn out after the set up and is taking a break. Ayla said she'd be off for a few days at her cabin. Jean may not be feeling the best and Gabe has had a tough time. Karen is still away in Vegas and has limited computer time
So , perhaps they're just relaxing after all the anxiety of the switchover. Relax. Enjoy your time off and your guests .

Stella I am fine and not doing badly at all.Gabe is coming along with tender loving care ( smile) I will not be writing much here that's all.The weather has been good here for a change and it still remains around O-C. I hope your enjoying your holidays so don't worry if we don't write often I think we all have our thing to do too. as well. Bye for now. Stay safe Jean

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:55 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate