You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 09:38 AM EST  
vickrb

HAPPY WEDNESDAY ALL MY FEATHERED FREINDZ

I just heard from my friends in Maryland and they really got dumped on with that white cold stuff!!! Guess this is the worst storm that has ever hit there and they are not used to it and certainly thes snow removal leaves a lot to be desired. Attaching a picture of their house. Everyone is being asked to stay off the roads, and to feed the animals and birds. What a mess.

Bright sunny day here in Cayman. I am still home with this head cold and spent a restless night, but I don't mind that when I don't have to work the next day. office all ready called me this morning. I have the necessary meds now so should get better now. The hospital pharmacy ran out of my asthma meds (for the 3rd time since November) and substituted something that did not work so have to deal with that too. When I found out the medical supplier here has always had a good supply of the right meds, I was furious. Along with the cold that had me feeling miserable, I was not in a good frame of mind when I went to the pharmacist and let him know what I knew. Bet they won't ever do that again.

Anyway, BBL - I need to deal with some online stuff, like returning e-mails to people who have waited patiently.
Click on image to download

I would like to know why when I enter the 1 in between [ file ]1[ /file ] why do one of the [ disappear??? and then I have to type it all in.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 09:59 AM EST  
vickrb

Ok sorry about the double picture - I have edited it 3 times and still get either no picture or 2 pictures. Velma I believe you have the creditials to go in and remove one. Please do that for me????

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 10:22 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Quote by: vickrb

Ok sorry about the double picture - I have edited it 3 times and still get either no picture or 2 pictures. Velma I believe you have the creditials to go in and remove one. Please do that for me????

Good Morning Vicki! I finally figured out why it was double Smile It was because you asked the question about the [ file] [/ file] typing it in with no spaces, but adding the 1 to it, so it uploaded it again!!!!

BBL

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 01:18 PM EST  
vickrb

Velma - thanks, knew it had to be somthing I did. Never thought of that. Thanks.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 03:34 PM EST  
vickrb

Well, now I know I was home sick for a reason. Was sitting out getting some sun, with my camera of course when Ma and Pa Mockingbird flew off the nest together and headed say over the house. I went up to the tree - the nest is only about 6 ft. off the ground, so I stretched and pointed the cam into the nest without even touching a branch and clicked 3 shots without seeing what they were of and here are two of the best....

I HAVE EGGS. boy is this going to be nice!!!!

These are the parents.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 03:43 PM EST  
vickrb

It has been known for Mocking bird females to leave Pa on the nest feeding the fledglings while she goes into another nest and lay more eggs. You will see where the nest is.
Look just above the fence level where you see a dark hole. That is the nest. No more than 6 ft. above ground, but it is a Lime tree so full of thorns and no preditor would dare try to climb it.
You can see a blurred line slanted on the top right where I held a piece of grass in front of the lens pointing down to the black hole.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Just a fast Hello to you all. Have a new computer all about it in my Singing Bird Lane if you want the news.
Been very busy and having people coming and going. I want a new water softener so the guy is comingh top-morrow to test the water. Iam sick of itchy and dry skin. Bye for now because Gabe will be fixing this computer in order to make room for the new one to-morrow. By now all is well Stay Safe. Jean

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, February 10 2010 @ 07:11 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good for you Jean! Glad you are getting your new computer! i imagine it will have Windows 7 on it. A little different from XP for sure, but not too different from Vista.

I'm off to Kamloops early in the morning for an eye appointment, so will see you all on Friday.

Vicki - hope you will be feeling better by then!!!!

Take care.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 05:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate