Ayla

hmmmm.......doesn't Gabe have a laptop?

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 08:59 AM EST  
vickrb

Good Morning Jean
You will miss your computer a lot. I would go crazy if something happened to this one. I always thought it would be nice to have a small one. One of the cheap ones, even would be nice to have on hand. At least a person would not feel stranded. Some day perhaps dreams come true eh?

I was just out the back for my coffee and trying to get some fresh air. In the empty lot behind the back yard there is this huge maching - clearing and digging up a whole 1/4 acre of property. The man came over to the fence and we chatted for 5 min. and he is going to plant the whole field in pumpkin. Can you imagine. This is pumpkin that is used here to boil like a veggie, or put in stews and soups. They also make cake and puddings from it. It will be so beautiful, and will attract the birds and will be food for the birds also. He was making a lot of dust, so I came inside and closed my wndows up.

I got some neat pictures and also Ma Mockingbird (Kora) was in the nest so I want to see if those pictures turned out.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 09:30 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning. Jean - I'm sure Gabe will let you use his computer to check in on the forum. I understand about no emails, and won't send any. Surely do hope you get your computer back soon.

Stella, you need to download a software program to take screen shots from the cams. I use irfanview,, but there are many others. The name of the one a lot of members uses has gone out of my mind for now. If I can find a post of skipper's I'll send you the link she has for instructions using Paint, which every computer has. What system do you have? Are you XP, or do you have Vista? Vista has a built in one as well called a "snip" tool.
Looking forward to your photos Vicki.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 09:51 AM EST  
vickrb

While I was out having my coffee I got some cute pictures of my friends. As they are digging up the whole 1/4 acre the birds are having a field day and having their fill for breakfast. Some of the egrets got awfully close to the digger, I will post in two separate posts so you can see it in sequence.

First is Kora on the nest - her head is below the edge of the nest, but the rest of her is visable.
Click on image to download

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 09:55 AM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

thx Velma. I use Irfanview to look at my photos. I have vista. With some of the cams I just right click over the nest and get a "save as" message so i just save it. But other cams, no matter if i right click or left click it doesn't save. I remember there was something with the F keys --ctrlF11 or something that did it ( but if i made a mistake and hit the key next to it my keyboard changed into french characters so I don't want to experiment there).

gorgeous sunny day here, low tide, heron fishing in the creek beside the house, pelicals flying over in their fishing loop over the creek and marsh

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 09:59 AM EST  
vickrb

Here are the ones of the Digger: One with the Ani bird in the tree watching for whatever is crawling in the dirt: He must be happy as I caught him all fluffed up.
This next one is of the Egrets getting too close to catch the crawling things before they get covered with more dirt. How he never got under the digger is weird.
Two more egrets waiting their turn. Looks like the one on the left might be fairly young.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 10:16 AM EST  
vickrb

Besides new birds we have fruit starting to bear also. This first one is the Banana Bloosom with several hands of banana's starting to show.
This next one is the blossom on the Mango tree before the fruit starts.
This one is called June Plum and it won't be ripe for eating until June and yummy it is.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 08 2010 @ 10:43 AM EST  
vickrb

Hello again. ONe more pictue and then I will stop so I don't bore anyone.

I am pretty certain this is a Yucatan Vireo. Cute little guy but very fast and flits around from branch to branch and this is the first time I have been able to catch him.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:29 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate