You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 03:53 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

Click on image to download2
cheer up Jean. Spring will soon be on the way.

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Stella a picture of a DOWNY WOODPECKER WE HAVE THOSE HERE . We HAVE A TREE NEXT TO THE DINNING ROOM WINDOW AND WE SEE ALL OUR LITTLE BIRDIES, WHICH IS NICE AND THE BAD OLd BLACK SQUIRRL BUT WE HAVE A SEED BOX THAT HE CANNOT GET INTO SO HE IS GROUNDED. HAHA
hOW LONG WILL YOU BE STAYING THERE Stella..
Yes thank goodness To-morrow is the Ist of February and I canot wait for spring to come around. Been a long winter seemingly for me when I'm almost house bound, So as I m experencing a bad day with the meds I will say bye for now need to sleep it off hahal they say..... Take good care of yourselves. , .
Click on image to download

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 06:48 PM EST  
vickrb

Stella - it is so good to see you here today. I wondered what happenened and was thinking maybe you were travelling again. I love the picture of the woodpecker. I have one around the yard here but so far can not get a picture of him at all

The birds I have nesting in my yard that I keep refering to as Nightingales, are actually Mockingbirds. Quite a difference in size and coloring. This is definitely a Mockingbird according to all the studies I did today.

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 07:06 PM EST  
vickrb

I am going to just quickly post some pictures from today. One will be of the Duck Pond. The next one will be an iguana who was literally daring me to drive by him and the last one will be the little Mockingbird from the nest in the Key Lime Tree.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 31 2010 @ 09:39 PM EST  

That little bird is the cutest wee thing. A mocking bird huh? Great camera you got there Vickie. and grand pictures.
mine are NOT so good but here is one I will put on . Guess??// Yepsleepy

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 11:12 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning! Nice and mild here this morning, but it's quite foggy.

The Norfolk eagles laid there first egg in the snow yesterday, but a lot of it has melted now, and they are sitting pretty! Should be another egg tomorrow.

Time for another Mug of coffee before I start my day!

BBL wave

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 03:53 PM EST  

Gee it really bothers me to see the eagles and the snow. Poor things. It is amazing they can sit in it for so long. The Balc river one was covered at ist. She is ok though, and doing well . I saw her hausband come in one day before the snow storm and he covered almost completely her with a cedar or pine brach laid it on top of her. They tell us that they donot know why they do this. She took it off twice actually. .He had put it on twice. Then he flew away. I think maybe it is a protection act. what do you Eaglers think????

Been rather a nice sunny day here, Temp is minus- 4C Good old February is here with her 28days. I think someone is going to have a birthday on the 5th. Name Starts with a V too.giggle Wish we could go there where she is. Nice and warm there... So lets hope the old ground hog doesn't go back in his den , What is it if he sees his shadow it will be spring soon ?and if he doesn't gosh help us .? hahasigh signI have the story on my******Singing Bird Lane .

Well I have had a funny day, no sleep at all last night it goes with the meds I am taking so I will take a pill to-night for sure for seep. Can't stay like that all the time so phioned the phramcy and they said it was ok,,Thank goodness. Being a hard old life Iam living right mow with all these ups and downers. But iam still here and Thankkful for that...

Well I will go have a cup o Timmy's Mug of coffeeMug of coffee fresh fresh fresh & oh so good. Thanks Gabe for going to get us some.you'z is the best....

Hey Ayla did you pick your finger on your sewing machine needle and can't write... AWE,,,,,,,Oh My miss you , ya know.....

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, February 01 2010 @ 07:23 PM EST  
vickrb

Birthdays?? Who celebrates them? Most years I don't even know it has come until a few days later and someone asks? I don't mind ignoring my birthday, then I can ignore the number years passing. I can no believe how fast a year goes when one gets older.
This year the office staff are taking me to lunch. A restaurant called Prime - wonderful place with a massive salad bar and all the prime cuts of steak etc... that one could ever want. Can't wait.

Busy day at work today, took some flower pictures after work in the yard, but will download them another day. All the hibiscus are out and so pretty. Landlady cut the grass today so the Mockingbirds are busy gathering up the grass bits. It amazes me how much they can take in one go. Their beaks are jammed packed. Their nest appears to be in the lining sages. They picked up the bits of ribbon I spread around the tree and seem to have lots of down feathers from somewhere. Probably the yards that have lots of chickens. We don't have any thank goodness, I don't miss the 40 chickens from the last place.

Well have a great evening. Going to go have a peak at the Sidney nest and see what is happening and then to bed.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 02:32 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate