https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 12:01 AM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

another oldy then I will quit Its called"Grandfather's Clock" Boy I remember this on it was the2nd most popular in the USA along with Maggie being the ist
byHenry Clay Work, 1876

My grandfather's clock was too large for the shelf,
So it stood ninety years on the floor.
It was taller by half, than the old man himself,
Though it weighed not a pennyweight more.
It was bought on the morn of the day that he was born,
And was always his treasure and pride.
Chorus:
But it stopped short, never to go again,
When the old man died.
Ninety years without slumbering, tick, tock, tick, tock,
His life seconds numbering, tick, tock, tick, tock,
It stopped short never to go again,
When the old man died.

2. In watching its pendulum swing to and fro,
Many hours had he spent while a boy;
And in childhood and manhood, the clock seemed to know,
And to share both his grief and his joy,
For it struck twenty-four when he entered at the door,
With a blooming and beautiful bride.
Chorus:
3. My grandfather said that of those he could hire
Not a servant so faithful he found
For it wasted no time and had but one desire
At the close of each week to be wound
And it kept in its place, not a frown upon its face
And itís hands never hung by its side.
Chorus:
4. It rang an alarm in the dead of the night
An alarm that for years had been dumb
And we knew that his spirit was pluming for flight
That his hour of departure had come
Still the clock kept the time, with a soft and muffled chime
As we silently stood by its side.
Chorus:

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM EST  

Good day , hope everyone is well and doing there thing, but come on over and visit a spell etc.Perhaps there is a reason , but do come and say your how you are and what you have been doing etc. Be neigbourly huh?
According to Webster's dictionary, a neighbor is, "One who lives or is on friendly terms with another; and being neighborly is defined as, "being social or friendly." Unfortunately, some of the neighbors ( haha) must not be familiar with these definitions.
In the 19th, and 20th centuries, neighbors were a vital part of the community. They offered emotional support in times of need. In the country, neighboring houses and farms were not geographically close, but when it came time for harvest or helping a family through a personal crisis, your neighbor was always there. Now that we live in the 21st century, the role as neighbor has changed. New homes are sprouting up everywhere, making the quiet countryside a part of our past. How sad.But expected.....

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 05:39 PM EST  

Had quite a trip with my son this afternoon Jan 19th 2011,snowing a wee bit big fluffy snowflakes and it was fun to see the beauty all around us as we drove past fields , and large hills and admiring all the scenery The farm homes and barns, even on a cold day like this some horse's and some cattle were being fed,.outside.13 F. After awhile Daniel wheeled into what said Best chocolate around. We had arrived. Oh my maochevets , Of course we left with pounds of unbelivable chocolate items. The store itself was beautiful and the woman there a real card...she said to us I hate the smell of chocolate haha as we were leaving. hahaI almost said but what about the smell of money but of course refrained.MY Dan and I went onward ho to our next excitment and finally stopped a bakery , only one word divine.Grand looking pies home made, bread all kinds home made and sliced( slices thick or small) right there if wanted,cookies, tarts etc. and truly a neat and not expenive shop at all. I brough home a homemade pumpkin pie and 2 loaves of bread one ---------seed( can.t remember the name) darn)..it is delicous though. the other loaf was cheese. I asked Danel how he knew about these two shops and he said he had heard so much about them just never had time to go. We went alright and I'm pleased Dainel asked me.T'was fun.. I am not a chocolate fiend though but I do love bread so will have to watch myself. MMMMMM (no pounds please)gotta try that pumkin pie :-)too

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM EST  

Click on image to download: sleepy wave nite: hug JEAN

By: Grubby (offline) on Wednesday, January 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM EST  
Grubby

Good Evening

Jean.. sounds like you had one heck of a grand day! Both places sound wonderful! Glad you had a nice day today. Sounds great! I'll take pies, cookies, and cakes long before I will chocolate! For over 30 yrs. by family owned and ran a very big bakery that my grandfather started many years ago back in the 1940's. I used to work there for a long while. It was wonderful to get the hot fresh onion rolls right out of hte huge ovens to make out lunch sandwishes on! The bread was the best Italian bread around. We used to bake bread for all the fancy hotels around and alot fo the airlines. Plus had delivery to many grocery stores. To this day I still have a hard time getting a good loaf of bread I was spoiled all those years of growing up with in the bakery family.

Well gonna hit the hay early tonight.......

Click on image to download

When You Share Something Nice,
It's Like Having It Twice!

Diane---Michigan

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 21 2011 @ 10:18 AM EST  

Click on image to download A fine sunny day with a 9F Enjoy

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 21 2011 @ 04:56 PM EST  

Lily the Bear is having contractions. Her babies will soon be here Wonder if she will have two. Hope is there with her Mom...4.55pm here

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, January 21 2011 @ 07:53 PM EST  

So Lily had two babies I guess. plus Hope so she will have her paws ful .. Animals are something else aren't they, but they must feel pain too, just like we do if we hurt ourselves etc, I wonder about that
My eagle on Black Water Refuge has 3 eggs now and is sitting well, on them She and her husband take turns . H e is so good to her and brings her a fish to eat. most times. At least she doesn't have the snow seemingly she sat in for a long time and her babies lived.kast winter. I have pictures of her co vered.with snow Amazing these eagles. The ist one to be born is quite far apart from the other two I hope it doesn't peck the little ones that are coming later.But Eagles are eagles ( smile)I don't like to watch that

All times are EST. The time is now 10:14 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate