https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Monday, November 29 2010 @ 01:10 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning! Stella - sounds like you will be busy today! However, it will be worth it to enjoy time with your guests!

Jean - good luck with your appointment today. I do hope that they will have some answers for you.

it isn't too bad temperature wise this morning. -5C or 23F. No new snow though - we just have maybe 1/2' almost covering the grass. i wish we would get a little more - 6" or so to give a bit of ground protection.

have a good day everyone!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, November 29 2010 @ 09:18 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Well it was like being in a place that has no bounds, huge place. Daniel and I arrived there at 20 minutes to two, seated ourselves and in a few minutes my name was called. We saw three different people each one having their own ( what to do) drops etc for the eye and another etc, the final was hard. Many lights on the eye and things put in my eye and they have come up with the idea what caused it , by saying" Maybe it "was this and maybe that it was something else but it is human error no matter how you look at it.(and they knew it,) and is calcium that leeked from the eye when I had the the operations. . I have 3 choices. ist one to take the drops they recommended, two is examine the cornia , it the drops are doing well continue and if not the 3 is an operation and make a new cornia. far into the future. I hope the drops work. Imagine huh? I felt in my bones that it was a human error, but I can't prove it happened and yet I had nothing to do with it strange huh>I wouldn't do anything anyway if it was , I am not a fortune hunter haha
. The traffic was awful and with all the road work being done ify... but we made good time and home here by 5. That Daniel of mine is a wonderful son. He was my recorder because I am deaf somewhat and he's one marvelous driver.Took time off from work to accomodate his Mom ..I Pray the drops work ...What a luck Mom Iam
The new earphones have not come in now that's another story.
Well As I was up at 7am this day I am very tired so will close and now say Good night , Stay safe, Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Tuesday, November 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM EST  

Click on image to download I can't beleive it's the ist of Dec to-morrow
Well finally I have rested up. That was some hard on me but thank the great gentle spirit for my son. He is so precious to his MOM
Gabe and I will be going Friday to get my ear phones which are in and I have a Dr, appt. to see about this itching Could be to much Vitam D I am taking so will lay off just to see. Tomorrow I go to the hair stylist, then to Simpsons in Bellville to buy a humidifer, so I won;t have so much trouble with my skin. being to dry.. It never rains but what it pours around here. Actually rained all day to-day rain for to days so it says. Started early to-day . 10C amazing.
Hope it doesn't freeze one of these nights to hazerdous.for we oldies. and poor little Heidi and Gabe. He has to take her out when she askes.
How are you all doing Ayla, Velma and Stella??Good I hope. So long for now then.

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 09:55 AM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

good morning everyone.
Rained all night here so we are back to green again, no sight of snow. but it makes me ache all over. I think it will cool down as the weekend comes.
Had friends round last night to show us their photos of a China trip they did in Sept ( we were hoping to go with them but had to pull out when Mum wasn't well) Great pictures, would love to go --- especially to walk along the Great Wall (only man made object visible form space ) or see those thousands of terra cotta warriers.

this afternoon off to a Christmas wine and cheese party at a friends travel agency followed by dessert at a friends house.

I expect Velma could make snowmen today but Jean and I sure couldn't. What about you Ayla ?

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 12:52 PM EST  

12.52 time Its snowing here in Bayside and Trenton a wet wet snow. I imaine at 1 C it will freeze a bit but will see. The snow makes it feel Christmasy .I delaided my hair do till Sat. I will not go out in the wet snow, Gabe has gone here to get the new humidifier right here at Simpsons so we won;t have to go to Belleville. Yipee..
Right now I look out the window here and I cannot see # 2 hwy way up the road so the storm is closing in fast,.

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 04:25 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Afternoon! it has warmed up here, now 3C or 37F, and all our snow is gone!!!! It is very overcast though. No snow in the forecast for several days, and the only a tiny amount!

jean - that sounds like quite an experience with your eye!!! Sure hope the drops help. I don't know how they will get rid of the scratch though! Hope it all works out.

Busy in the shop these days helping Gord with woodworking. I'm just going to go brush Rusty now. He has so much extra fur in his undercoat, that if I don't get it, he will have lots of knots.

have a good day, and Stella, enjoy your wine and cheese party!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 06:01 PM EST  

Not a scratch as I said...but is calcium that leeked from the eye when I had the other operations for the eye. forming like a streak or cloud across the cornia Beleive me these people know what their are doing. My Dr. here should never have tried to treat it here. so that is why he sent me to the proffesionals. So the drops will disolve the calcium,.in time. Just take time. Quite the place to go to Velma... It's already doing wonders., seemingly . I have never really been bothered bu it that much either. I see well.

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Wednesday, December 01 2010 @ 09:25 PM EST  

I have kept this for quite awhile and just found it and feel that everyone should know in case. It sure makes sense to me too. So write it down and remember where you put it. ok good idea to keep it handy too.
Let's say it's 6:15 p.m. And you're driving home (alone of course), after an usually hard day on the job. You're really tired, upset and frustrated. Suddenly you start experiencing severe pain in your chest that starts to radiate out into your arm and up into your jaw. You are only about five miles from the hospital nearest your home.
Unfortunately you don't know if you'll be able to make it that far.
What can you do?
You've been trained in CPR but the guy that taught the course,
Didn't tell you what to do if it happened to yourself.
Since many people are alone when they suffer a heart attack
this article seemed to be in order. Without help, the person
Whose heart is beating improperly and who begins to feel faint, has only about 10 seconds left before losing consciousness. However, these victims can help themselves by coughing repeatedly and very vigorously.
A deep breath should be taken before each cough, and the cough must be deep and prolonged, as when producing sputum from deep inside the chest. A breath and a cough must be repeated about every two seconds without let up until help arrives, Or until the heart is felt to be beating normally again. Deep breaths get oxygen into the lungs and coughing movements squeeze the heart and keep the blood circulating. The squeezing pressure on the heart also helps it regain normal rhythm. In this way, heart attack victims can get to a hospital. Tell as many other people as possible about this, it could save their lives!

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:25 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate