https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, November 26 2010 @ 04:50 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Afternoon folks! it has been a busy week here Nodding yes I went to Kamloops Tuesday with my daughter, and got all the Christmas shopping done. Worked in the shop yesterday with Gord - he is building a cedar chest for our daughter and one for daughter-in-law for Christmas. yesterday I did the baking - shortbread, two kinds of tarts and a pie. Today, I finished most of the outside decorations, and just came in from the shop.

Today is our oldest grand daughters 19th birthday! yesterday eldest grandson was 25, and on Tuesday his brother was 23. Tuesday youngest grandson will be 16!!!! Lots of parties in one week!

We had a little snow overnight, and it was still coming softly down at 6:30 this morning. however, it warmed up to 2 now and most of it has melted Sad I was hoping for a bit more that would stay. I was just talking to my granddaughter near Vancouver, and all the heavy snow they had yesterday is disappearing with rain today! what a temperature change there has been!

I have one tree to put up on the deck still, so best get that done while it's warm. Once it is all finished I hope to do a short video of the lights dancing to the music and will share it with you.

Stella - you have sure been busy as well, doing your place settings. They sound really pretty. Sounds like a good turnout for the banquet coming up.

Back at it I go! Take care everyone.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, November 26 2010 @ 11:00 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

I sure wish Velma that I had your ambition and the will to do so many things. I think I am a has been , ( smile) been feeling down a lot but I think it is just a stage I am going through for I have everything I need and more ... life is funny isn't it though. Trouble is it curtailed our vacation planning but we have seen so much already maybe it was meant to be. We have our home and the help we get is great ,no debts & I have a cleaning lady come every other week for 4 hrs. That helps we can get meals on wheels but I only like that in certain days I am able to do a little cooking. 84 is the pits ...but Iam able to look after myself well that is the way I like it. Gabe is 81 and is a camera fiend he has a beautiful camera and the shots he takes are really pro. Little Heidi sleep a lot and we carry her when needed but she can walk.some What a dear little thing she has been I said to Gabe she's hanging in there pretty good for a 12 yr old. Well Velma I am now turning in for a good nite's sleep I hope. I donot sleepwell. Seemingly my brain never shuts off. Look after yourself Velma ok?>Thanks for getting on the nest our was getting worried. One Degree C here

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Saturday, November 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM EST  

Click on image to downloadClick on image to download A nothing snowman , not enough snow to finish him haha Some homes have their decorations all up starting to look pretty around here. We never take the roof light off the eaves part so we have those we can put on . Up to Gabe to get going on decorating.. I sure will do mine inside haha. I love that. Nothing much to say so Goodnite all. Jean Stay safe

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, November 28 2010 @ 01:41 PM EST  

Click on image to download IT's overcast, grey and yukie weather. with a 5 C reading, wiling away the time doing nothing right now except trying to keep this itching down to a dul roar. I am kinda worried for it says it can because by different medical things ie: Thyroid etc.I have that. Dry skin too. I have a very low bood count so I wonder if that is the cause.Never have had a dull moment since I quit smiling 2-3 yrs. ago it has all been sickness. and yet my lungs are great.
To-morrow I go see about my eyes. Dan and I will leave here about 11am. I donot look forward to the long journey. Frriday I see my Dr. Isn't Jean haing fun though ( smile) Wink See you again for a goodniter. Old Hen

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Sunday, November 28 2010 @ 03:23 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

Jean --- my Mum had itching recently and it was discovered that it was due to the ACE pill she was tking.

Dull day. Have spent since 10.30 watching tennis on the computer -- the year end championships from London UK. The top 8 men in singles during the year and the top 8 doubles teams are invited for an 8 day event. Daniel Nestor of Toronto and partner won the doubles championship --- a really major achievement. The singles was Nadal versus Federer ( the 2 best players over the last 8 years or so) and Federer won.

Now it's time to take a break and maybe sort out some Christmas ornaments, or read the paper , or ...........................

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, November 28 2010 @ 05:08 PM EST  

i WILL BE WATCHING THE GREY CUP FOOTBALL TEAM LOVE FOOT BALL. THAT IS GREAT FOR TENNIS HUH? THANKS ABOUT YOU MOM I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT HAS CAUSEDE THIS ONSLAUGH. IT IS HORRID. Talk again soon...
Saskatchewan and Montreal I am going for Sask. althoug Edm. has a grand strong team, they are all in Green this day haha. . Jean
Ps What a game Montreal the winner at 21 Saskatchewan 18 great game.A lot on fantastic players on both sides.

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, November 29 2010 @ 07:59 AM EST  

What a beautifukl l cold sunny day this morning minus 5. The frost covers the field behind us , a thousand and one diamonds sparkling, Very pretty but cold.
Iam off to Kingston for a check on this eye, leaving around noon. for the 2 0.clock appt. That gives Dan some rest after working all night,I deplore having to go out in the cold but want to find out how the scratch got on my left eye. Pce of mind then... Have a great day and a safe one Jean

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Monday, November 29 2010 @ 10:16 AM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

good luck with your appt Jean.
House cleaning and cooking for me today --- we've got guests tomorrow --- coming to show us photos they took in China in Oct -- a trip we'd hoped to do with them but had to back out of when Mum got ill and airfares to UK had to be bought instead. Maybe one day ........................

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:01 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate