Please Join Us at https://forum.hancockwildlife.org
You'll need to register again - please use the same user name

See You There!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Thursday, November 18 2010 @ 11:02 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Click on image to download The weather can sure get a person down sometimes. We got a 2 right now and it is cold. Good night sleepy Sleepy Stay safe Jean

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 09:48 AM EST  
Velma Flann

Good chilly Morning! It is -7C or 21F this morning! No snow yet, although a lot of places in BC have been hit with it. Also Alberta and Sask. are really getting the winter storms. They are predicting some for us soon.

I got my outside decorations and lights done in the back yesterday. The sun came out for a short while, and the wind died down, so I wanted to get it done before it got any colder. Thankfully I did, as today looks might chilly. A few years ago, our daughter gave us one of those music/light boxes to plug the lights into, so that the lights dance to the Christmas carol music. I turned them on for awhile last night to check, and they look pretty good! It is a bit early to put them on every night - but I'm surprised at how many people do have the lights on around their houses already@! I usually wait until Dec. 1st, at least.

It is not quite 7 am., so I must go have another Mug of coffee and get ready for the day.

Have a nice day everyone!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 10:02 AM EST  

Good Morning its minus 1 C here but sunny. Your place will look beautiful Velma and that is unique having the music I have never heard or seen one like that. A few are decorating here, but Gabe and I are slow and getting slower haha.I decorate inside around the fireplace , but it won't be like I used to do it, can't do much anymore. climbing I have to be careful.
Have to go see about hearing aids at 11.30 so best be on my way to get ready. See you again soon. Have a wonderful day and stay safe,

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 10:48 AM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

those lights sound fun Velma. It will be interesting to see what we get around here for lights. There has been so much furore over rapidly risng hydro prices that I'm sure tht it will be energy saving bulbs for many and a much shorter lighting season.
High of 0 here today -- first day that we won't go above freezing

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Friday, November 19 2010 @ 08:07 PM EST  

Click on image to download Just put this on for fun as my sister in law sent it and I thought it was cute. Blowing kisses remember that when we were younger Velma ....
Got my ear plugs ordered and this time I got what I want, they will be ready next Friday. I said in no uncertain terms that I was the one buying them I want what I want, 2thousand and 90 some dollars,cheaper that the 3thou,200 hundred ones and I like these much better. so there ya go holidays or what ever had to have them, been all over to place's so don't need holidays haha would have liked to seen the orient, great wall. to old now. can't risk it.Can you imagine trying to learn their language. I could say ho hum I suppose haha, We will start decorating after Dec 1 not much this year and Stella your right about the hydro 45 %increase. last week we paid 150 $,s for the month still paying for that womans vacation rememeber that???? Well will say good nite to you both wish Ayla and Cee were here. Jean

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 05:06 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Afternoon! We sure woke up to a cold miserable morning! -10C or 13F. Neither rusty nor spooky stayed out long this morning!!! There was a small amount of snow overnight, but it didn't stick to the grass - only the driveway and road. Mostly blown off now, and it has warmed up to 23F so it's a little better!

Went for a haircut this morning, then this afternoon took Spooky to the vet for one of her shots. She sure doesn't like getting in the carry cage! Once she gets there she is very good - just doesn't like being locked up.Our youngest son is home for a few days from the far north, so we will go visit him tomorrow. His girls are sure excited to see him! he's working in Northern Alberta at the tar sands right now. When he goes back on Monday he won't be home again until Christmas. it is a 17 hour drive from here.

Well, now that most of my day has been wasted, i'd better get a little done around her, and plan something for supper. tomorrow, I hope to make some Christmas cakes. I've never, ever made them, so hope it will turn out okay.

have a good afternoon everyone.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 05:28 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

ice pellets here this morniing and below freezing but not as cold as with you Velma. Glad I'm not in Calgary, plenty of snow and minus 23.
A friend has moved to Whistler to work for the winter and is excited that they opened the ski hills yesterday, a week early. Not a chance I'd do that. At the first hint of snow and icw I want to be south.

Jim's birthday today so we're off to celebrate in an English style pub in a local village -- not a bad place -- a converted water mill

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Saturday, November 20 2010 @ 06:38 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Wish Jim a happy Birthday for me Stella, and enjoy your evening out!!!! Whistler is only about 2 hours from me over Duffy Lake Rd. I saw that they were opening early. They will just be raking in the $$$$$ now!

take care.

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:16 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate