https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:11 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Guess everyone is busy to-day. I was but managed to escape to the computer room for awhile Nite time is my time mostly now a days. I have just read something very exciting and am going to share it with you/ About Eagles... The Black River eagle is on her nest with 2 eggs and may have a 3rd maybe. I just love that spot . I hope her hubby is better to her than he was last year, he never helped her at all. But he did just awhile ago bring her a fish to eat. Big deal he better .... haha. Ok ready: Do you see my avatar. Well they are that way because they are BONDiNG, not anything other than That I was glad to hear it from a very reliable source. So now people will know my avatar is a bonding process. ok?
I have a picture of 2 eagle claw to claw by photographer Jon McRay OK from the Backwater Eagle
.Click on image to download

By: Ayla (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:12 PM EST  
Ayla

wave , I'm b-aaa-ck!

I have put my mood thingy on nerdy just to see what
it looks like, lol.

We had a great time at the cabin, stayed way longer
then I thought we would though.

Everyone settled in now? All the kinks worked out??Chin

Well, I checked my email and it was FULL of notifications from
Hancock soooo, I must have something in my settings set to
the wrong thing! Now, if I uncheck my email setting, does that
mean I won't get my email from here sent, or I won't be notified
of sent email or posts????????
I must say.......very annoyingMad

From Northwestern BC
Forum

Profile     PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:18 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

Jean -- you asked for some books and authors. These should all be available at your local library.
1. Jeffrey Archer ( British author who used to be an MP and now is in the House of Lords ) -- excellent stories. If you like short stories start with " A quiver full of arrows " or " not a penny more ,not a penny less " All of his books are wonderful.

2. M C Beaton --- another British author. Writes books about 2 different people . Some of her books feature Hamish Macbeth , a policeman in the Scottish highlands . Other books are about Agatha Raisin , a amateur detective living in the cotsworld area of England.

3. J A Jance . stories about a female sherriff ( Joanna Brady) inBisbee Arizona or about a detective ( J P Beaumont) in seattle.

4. Stuart Woods mostly detective type fiction.

5. James Patterson. --- anything is good but his James Cross novels are good.

6. Kent Haruf---- Obama's fiction choice for his vacation last summer ---- stories about small town Colorado.

7.Ian Rankin --- detective stories set in Scotland.

8. john Grisham --- lawyer stories

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:26 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

I forgot some -----

John Harvey.. detective stories set in Nottingham , Uk.

James Michener --- a bit dated but excellent.

Rumer Godden --- In this house of Brede --- I've read this 4 or 5 times -- about a lady who gives up a career to be a cloistered nun.

Heinrich Harrrer -- Seven years in Tibet

Slavomir rawitz -- the long walk --- one of my favourite books ever --- about a prisoner who walks to freedom over the Gobi desert.

James Clavell -- Shogun or anything he's written.

the first books i mentioned in the first posting are newer. The ones in this post are old favourites that I have reread may times

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:36 PM EST  
vickrb

Good evening everyone.

I have had a wonderful day. First over coffee to find the Nightingale gathering twigs and then finding his nest in our Ackee tree, Right in the back yard. Here are the pictures of thatClick on image to download,
Click on image to download

followed by the Dolphins. There are two Dolphinariums here. One is a part of the exhibit in Jamaica. It is in a natural sea pool, with thing man made reefs all around but it is the natural Sea water going in and out with the tides. Two of the trainers at this one are from Canada. Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:44 PM EST  
vickrb

The other one is manned mainly by people from Mexico where the Dolphins were trained. The on affiliated with Jamaica is open to the elements with no cement and the one with the Mexicans is made with a cement bottom and cement poolsClick on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 08:59 PM EST  

Hello Stella Many thanks
While we do have a library in the city hall in Trenton we don't always get the books right on schedule so therefore we wait then forget haha one horse town if ever there was one.My home town O fPicton was always up dated whenwe went to get a book. Anyway I won't long wind you and I will put these in my folder I have for books. ok Thank ayou so much./ Hope your having a wonderful time Stella and Bill.. The rains came here and the lawns are saturated, a miserable looking yard next dooe , we weren't to bad...but its soaked shall I say.Jean

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM EST  

Vickie what were the pictures of the last two , looked like sharks could it be????Jean

All times are EDT. The time is now 12:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate