https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 08:35 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Hi Mary , Stella and Vickie Sure has been a wet day here rain and more rain. We do not need it
***Mary I am sorry to hear you have colds, Gabe or *I haven.t had one for years since we take a flu shot every October. Funny huh> But good news...Hope you get over it soon, colds can be nasty and have a better time than that.
****Stella i had Shingles of the worst the Dr, ever saw. My back, my front and my left arm 5 months of agony. .I do believe Vickie has guided me through this and Gabe and we have noticed what she said was so true, It pays to listen to other people and yes I did the wet thing on my arms and it works wonders just a couple days ago. I still get the fine pin point ones once in awhile bit I think it is going or perhaps nearly all gone.
Now listen to this. I am of German decent my ggggrandafter came over 1700's..
When I was in the hospital in Germany the ladies there would come and see me they were taking about things and said sickness's goes out the feet ...that when you get things like that I had ( Itchie's) they will move out through the feet.\ Now don't say anything anybody ( I am not off my rocker yet ) I remembered what they had said hahahahaah I had the worst shooting pain twice in my big toe right hand side. Now I am wondering as I was none believer but the itchies are gone .
How about that. I had heard that story before.
Your all going to think I am a , hypochondriac honestly I am quite sane haha but that was what happened ,. do you suppose. ??????
*** Vicki THat flower and the bee should be made into a framed picture. It is sooooo beautiful... ok Jean

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 10:24 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

By: MaryF (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 12:25 AM EST  
MaryF

I loved your pics, Stella! I do hope that link was for the rest of us to look at them too. I have 13 of those live oaks in my yard. Mine don't have Spanish moss which is a parasite and not too good for the trees. We have what's called ball moss and mistletoe on ours here.

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 01:10 AM EST  
vickrb

Stella, yes I was able to view the pictures with that connection. They are lovely. The pelicans are beautiful and I find them interesting. The whispy pines that are in your pictures are the same type of pines that we have here. They came here from Australia and are called Casaurina's. Those are quite the places to stay. They have wonderful views all around and interesting visitors. Loved the Cardinal as it was my Mother's favorite of all the birds. I photo'd some in Maryland last year and they were the first live ones I had ever seen. I was fascinated with them. Thank you for sharing with us.

Just an interesting picture for anyone who has never seen BreadFruit. It has a very large broad leaf and is a lovely shade tree. The fruit it bears is call breadfruit but it is not a fruit. It is starchy and used in many ways. It can be roasted and eaten, roasted and then fried in butter with thin slices. It can be cut up and put in stews like potatoes or just boiled as a veggie. Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 02:21 AM EST  
vickrb

Well it is the wee hours of the morning and I am going back to my bed. I am off to the Dolphinarium tomorrow - the one that is in the natural habitat in the sea surrounded by a coral reef that they can jump over anytime to go to freedom. I will try for some pictures so you can see what I mean.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 02:29 AM EST  
vickrb

This is a good morining to everyone who needs a smile.Click on image to download Click on image to download

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Clockwork () on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 05:03 AM EST  
Anonymous: Clockwork

wave Everybody wave

Click on image to download

For those who are not on my send list (at clockswork) and still are Interested, today at 9.30 pm local (Amsterdam) time world time map

Music from the 60's and 70's. Everybody is Welcome

For a quick link at Clockswork click at the "WWW" buton below. Left thumb up

Maybe see you there, wave Ruud

By: Velma Flann (offline) on Monday, January 25 2010 @ 12:36 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Morning Friendz!!! We are entering into a winter wonderland here!!!! It started snowing wee tiny flakes around 6 am. and now big fluffy ones are coming down Oh My The ground is not covered yet, but will be before long if this keeps up!!!! Very much appreciated your cheerful flowers this morning Vicki!!!!

The Dolphinarium sounds intriguing. How did the dolphins get there originally? Were they placed there on purpose? it's nice to know they can get out if they wish. I so enjoy accounts of your home - it's almost like traveling there through your descriptions.

I hope you all have a pleasant day! Glad the itchies are somewhat better Jean!!!

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

All times are EST. The time is now 08:35 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate