https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Feathered Friendz
 |  Printable Version
By: Velma Flann (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 03:22 PM EST  
Velma Flann

Good Afternoon Friendz! it certainly is quiet in the nest today! I hope you are all enjoying your Sunday. We have a tiny ray of sunshine trying to break through the clouds today and it is above freezing! something to celebrate for sure!

Gord will be home sometime this afternoon. Jake is playing his final hockey game as i type. So far his team has won all three of their games, so are playing the final now. Even if they lose this and come in second, they have done amazingly well for a team with so few players. We're really proud of them Left thumb up

Guess I'll go have a cup of Mug of coffee

Forum

Lillooet, B.C.

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Jean Dagenais () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 03:25 PM EST  
Anonymous: Jean Dagenais

Well its 4 c here so warming up a bit. No one on to-day we can't have that happen can we??????

I'm still a little itchy but it is leaving me thankgoodness. Wonder what else I will get now, seem I don't have a very good

time lately. That will all changed soon I hope for I donot like complaing this much

Has anyone read any good books lately if so please pass along the Authurs name and name of book plead. I really6 like reading.Stella you read I know...

They have discovered a new element
that is going to change the world. Have you heard about it. It was on the news and it is scary... Because, it the wrong people get it, that will be it. That is all I have heard so far but it will be on the news so listen......

Anyway I hate talking to myself so hope m Feathered Friendz are all doing ok Bye f Guess I will put a picture on its fun now. Jean
What'z cooking?
Click on image to download

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 03:49 PM EST  
MaryF

Hi Jean...We are having a beautiful sunny, but windy day. Temp is in the 60s and will probably hit 70. A nice Texas winter day!! Smile Mr. PE and I have tons to do but are both still getting over bad colds. I always seem to get them at this time of year. Since I have volunteered to be a topic monitor I'm busy trying to figure out how to do stuff that I've been putting off learning before. Help emo Hope you and Gabe will be feeliong much better!!!!!love

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 04:26 PM EST  
vickrb

Hello all my feathered Friendz.

It has been a beautiful day here in Cayman. I had a tour of the Island as I had company from New York. They were happy to warm up. I love to show off the Island and know all the back roads.

Got some lovely pictures which I will down load later. These ones I took in my garden this morning while having coffee.

Our beautiful Morning Dove Click on image to download
Caymans own Ching Ching (Grackle Bird)Click on image to download

Vicki - since 30 April 2009

God Gives every bird it's food, but He does not throw it into its nest.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 04:30 PM EST  
vickrb

I have added my location to my signature line. It would be nice to know where people are posting from I think.

Well, I will post more later - need to download some new pictures I took today. Trust everyone is fine and having a great weekend. Tomorrow is a holiday here, called Hero's Day, so I have one more day to play. giggle

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: vickrb (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 05:03 PM EST  
vickrb

Hello again, Hope everyone is fine.

Jean I hope you and Gabe are feeling better. More later after I come back from being out for supper.

Here are some pictures of the Friget Bird (Man of War) that I got today. Had to stop at the side of the road and they don't stick around very long.

Forum

CAYMAN ISLANDS

Profile Email   PM

By: Anonymous: Stella E () on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 07:19 PM EST  
Anonymous: Stella E

Vickie --- did you get my PM with the link to pictures?

Jean -- it may sound simplistic but I had shingles a few summers ago and still get a really bad itch in the area where the shingles were --- I find that I can make it almost go away with plain water. I have a spray bottle and I spray the itchy bit --- no chemicals , just moisture. I started doing this when I found that I got these itchy spells when the weather was cold and dry.

We went to a Soup Challenge today . Local restaurants ( about 16 of them) set up at a local indoor mall and the ticket is $10 for unlimited soup -- each place trying to have something better than the other -- lots of chowders, gumbos, and delicious soup. Judges vote and the public vote. It raises money for charity and allows places to show the public what they can produce.

By: MaryF (offline) on Sunday, January 24 2010 @ 07:44 PM EST  
MaryF

Stella...That soup challenge sounds really yummy. Mr. PE and I love lovesoup!! Wish they had something like that around here. I'm quite tired of hearing about chili cook-offs!Titter

Vicki..I just love your pics..they cheer up the day!! What a beautiful place you live in!

Cheer up Jean...we all love you!! (((HUGS)))

Forum

San Antonio, TX

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 07:21 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate