https://www.hancockwildlife.org

The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 11:34 AM EST  
yalitldevl

wooooooooohoooooooooo is right Kat! what a beautiful shot of a stunner of a flower! Thanks for our PFOTD

Mornin' {{{{Jean}}}} hehe to all the double posts lately. It has to be the site with that many times happening, that's our story and we'll stick to it ok? Green LOL I'm glad you liked my brrrrr pics. Oh that's great that you're going to get the oven AND you're getting a new battery! That's great that Terry has it all fixed up for you. You'll be in good shape now. Let me know how you like the oven ok?

I'm off loved ones, Tiny is getting his oil change today thanks to being inspired by Linda and a bath. The doors are all going to freeze but what can he do he's filthy from the salt and slushy roads. Have a great day and see you all later :hello:

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: EastCoast (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 12:46 PM EST  
EastCoast

wave Hello Dear Red HeartFriendsRed Heart

Wishing You a Wonderful Day ! Wub

~ Laurie ~

"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks” ~ John Muir

Forum

Durham Bridge, New
Brunswick CANADA

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 01:17 PM EST  
MayLine

wave Good Morning, Nestaholics! It's a peach of a day here, but word is we're getting an Arctic Blast by Sunday....

I LOVE the delicious dahlia, Kat! Thanks for beautifying the page Grin

Lori, have fun getting the car washed Titter I used to love taking our lab with me through the car wash because her reaction was hilarious...

About True Grit: Haven't seen the new movie yet but somewhere I was reading an article, and it could have been the Sunday New York Times, comparing the two movies and the author said, hands down, the best is to read The Book!! He said it is terrific and a classic and much better than any movie. I had never heard that and may just read it -- (after I read an English cozy) Titter

My friend (of the sunset photo up on Eagle Harbor) sent this this morning. I can imagine her thrill because I had one on my suet feeder up there at our cottage, right outside the window, and it was the most thrilling thing to watch close-up. Love these Pileated Woodpeckers, but as she says - they are skittish! This shot through her window:
Click on image to download

wave judy, Yes it's snowy right now; still on the ground from our storm last week -- but it was a long time in coming this year. All of December was "green" (more like drab gray) which is highly unusual! (I think anna and ruud got our snow)... Even now there isn't much. The mountains, however, have been getting HUGE snows all along and the skiing is great! It would snow 4 feet up there and we were getting nary a flake down here on the flatlands Sad The winter dryness is devastating for our trees, shrubs and evergreens.

I'm off to learn about the Rough Legged Hawk - thanks Linda!

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: elle (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 02:09 PM EST  
elle

A little quick squirt and then I'll be taking a long break, too.

Dede: That excuse for a human being is pond scum and that's putting it mildly. Maybe one day the hunter will be hunted. Especially since he has broadcast his face and smile all over the internet. Ian says" What a sportsman, eh?"
The pic of your M-I-L and her grandson is precious. I love your tree in the background, too. We will take down the door decorations today, I guess. I spent a good part of the day yesterday writing and revising a letter in tandem with Ian's brother's wife ( My S-I-L ) to send to M-I-L's friends who sent Christmas Cards this year and are unaware that she is now in long term residential care. Not fun or easy. My visit the other day with M-I-L's friend was pretty good. M-I-L was actually dressed and upright in her wheelchair, not staring at the ceiling. That was a relief because you just never know what she'll be like and I didn't want her friend to be too upset. At one point she said " Oh, was that Ian who just went by on a pony? " Gotta smile or you'd cry.

Candy: I hope you get the help you need . Judy's meds sound very promising. I am glad I quit smoking, hopefully not too late. It is such a stupid habit. Here in Canada, they are now making the cigarette packages VERY graphic. Oh My

Nanc: Emma is too sweet in her pigtails and jeans.

Cheers to everyone. If it is sunny tomorrow afternoon, I may visit Ma and Pa with a friend. They haven't been at the nest much lately, have they? Out

Compassion is the most powerful weapon against negative forces.

Member since August 2006

Forum

Victoria, BC, Canada

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 02:19 PM EST  
anna-holland

Good Morning all at the EA chat :hello:

Today all day rain......

I hear on the news today....2 Million Fish dead on the coast on Maryland......

It is getting weird.....

brb

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 02:52 PM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Elle, You know I agree with 200% my friend. What a piece of human garbage! That comment about Ian on a pony brought a smile to my face.Grin I'm glad your MIL was dressed and up looking very nice yesterday.Nodding yes Please don't be gone to long, I love the interesting topics you bring here to EA. I will look forward to seeing any photos you catch of Ma and Pa.Nodding yes

Anna, That is very weird about the dead fish, especially after reports of dead birds.Chin

Judy, Thanks for the list, but they forgot to add that persons name, that killed the bear in it den.Roll eyes

Dede, I loved the Pileated Woodpecker, they are very shy birds. I almost caught one in the Smoky Mountains this fall when Gord and I went, but it was to fast on the move.

I went for a walk this morning and had a Red Fox cross my path. It was beautiful and it reminded me of our Friend Gord. They are such cool spirits of the woods.Smile

I'm off to work and will see you all tomorrow. I will be taking off early for the rivers.:hello:

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 03:10 PM EST  
MayLine

:hello: Hi elle......... Oh my -- your M-I-L sounds a bit more incapacitated than mine, bless her heart, but I can see the day coming and my heart goes out to you. So glad the day you visited was one of the better ones, for her friend's sake. If she's seeing Ian on a pony, hey, that's a lot "cheerier" image than some hallucinations the elderly can have, particularly if they're on pain meds (as I know from my own mom) Sad I'm sure you did smile over that one, however! Good luck with all you are dealing with on that front. Nodding yes

As of today, my M-I-L is doing a bit better --- for now......... fingers crossed. She's still in the Senior Living situation now but we're all tee'ed up for the next move, however, with the Asst Living place when the time comes.

Yeah, the tree in the background, elle, is gone now! Titter That's our "kitchen" tree -- the 1940-50's one. Ornaments are stored away and the Colorado fir, still soft and fresh BTW, is gracing the patio out in back. The 9.5-footer in the living room is still up. In Denver, the long-standing tradition is to leave decorations up through the huge January National Western Stock Show and we usually do. At least outdoor lights.

I think Stock Show starts this weekend. Really fun to visit the animal barns and see all the goings-on. From steers to bunnies. Rodeo every night. Petting zoos. Sheep shearing. A really Big Deal for the farmers and ranchers (and 4-H-ers).

Yes, anna very weird these strange mass deaths. Yesterday on Air America (radio), Thom Hartmann had a big segment on the situation with the bees; colony collapse disorder and pesticides as possible contributors, etc. Very disturbing... I've been concerned about the bees for several years. My young neighbor is a beekeeper and she has lost at least one colony. (She just brought me some honey and it is soooo good.) In summer, I always tell her "your bees were visiting my garden today." I'm always relieved to see some still around. Wub

judy OMG, seriously, dude, I have zero tolerance for trendy words. We need closure on this issue, literally. (I'm just sayin'....lol!) But no worries, no problem -- I'm off the hook on this. You're totally trippin' if you guys think there's an app for that. Ya know what I'm sayin'? Whatever. Anywho, this is sooooo boring; I'm Out You betcha!!!!!!!!!!! Wooh

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 03:12 PM EST  
anna-holland

:hello: Also on on Google...In Sweden they said the birds died because the inside bleeding come from outside press.....Not one word more....I wonder what kind of pressure....

Nancy Thanks for the answer, lucky you are used to the heat, I would be a great trip Nodding yes
LoriYeah, I remember that too, fish drop out the air.I think it is weird with all the fish and birds now. I wonder what it really is. Sorry Canada lost....the game..
Carolyn Lucky your guardian angel was there right on time.
Nancy What a thick neck has the Swan, yes, it is the R-Necked Duck, look like the Tufted Duck a bit.:hello: Hello Coots.......I am surprised to see how little the Ibis is. What a lot and so closeRed Heart Thanks for your pictures, so nice to see them Nodding yes
AnnieYou are right, they should say then it happens every year with the birds or so. Thanks for the other pict. from NW hug
DedeI love the kids, but special the parents, who got great ideas and try everything out. Grandma has the time of her life Grin
Iona Glad you like the pictures :hello:
Starr Hope you feel better :hello:
Candy Yak, never happens lucky, only poop shots on my hair, that bring luck they say

brb

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:48 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate