The New Forum is also live -
please join us!

Forum Index > H.W.F. Archives > Archive - Miscellaneous
 Eagleholics Anonymous 2011
 |  Printable Version
By: mmud (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:53 PM EST  
mmud

Good evening everyone :hello:

Lovely pics and of course interesting & funny chat today. I have read and enjoyed it all. Smile

Hope everyone's doing well. Nodding yes

Sound is better: 05 January 2011

Lily
Click on image to download

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 11:17 PM EST  
MayLine

:hello: Scott..... You always post the great captures and info about the bears! As much as I love bears, I have never had time to get into the Bear Cams but appreciate your and others' updates.

This morning I heard a shocking story as I lay in bed listening to the radio news. I had not heard that last month some bozo actually shot and killed a huge black bear in its den here in Colorado. Can you imagine? Evil Not only is the idea of killing one of these magnificent creatures, for no reason, astounding, but IN ITS DEN???

There was public outrage and this morning's news story pertained to a newly-proposed ban on "den hunting." Ya think? I had no idea that was legal here. Are we totally-insane, prehistoric yokels in this state? Most states in the US apparently have bans in place for that kind of mayhem. Let's hope Colorado does the right thing; it would be too much to hope that bear hunting would be outlawed altogether......which it should be IMHO!

Sad, sad, sad........

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: AnniesKatz (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 11:33 PM EST  
AnniesKatz

Quote by: MayLine

:hello: Scott..... You always post the gre
This morning I heard a shocking story as I lay in bed listening to the radio news. I had not heard that last month some bozo actually shot and killed a huge black bear in its den here in Colorado. Can you imagine? Evil Not only is the idea of killing one of these magnificent creatures, for no reason, astounding, but IN ITS DEN??? Sad, sad, sad........

Ohhhhh Dede That just breaks my heart :cry1:. Just look at the grin on that guy's face...he's so proud of himselfEvilTwisted

I just love the picture of your MIL...God Bless her.

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 03:00 AM EST  
nonniejean8

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Thursday ~ January 06, 2011

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: HikerBikerGram (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 10:04 AM EST  
HikerBikerGram

Good Morning Friends,

Hello Sue :hello:

Thanks Jean for the early start to our day.Smile

Dede, The person, I can not call him a man, is a COWARD and IDIOT. I'm so sorry for the Black Bear loosing its life.Sad
Your photo of your MIL and Grandson is wonderful and a keeper. You can see the JOY in her face of the wonderful moment she is spending with her Great grandson. I hope all goes well for her at this stage of her life.Wub

Scott, Thanks for the link, I will have to check out the cam. That is my kind of ketchup, I have used it at times.Titter

Candy, If you can stop smoking and not be around smoke, use your inhalers and meds, do your breathing exercises you will breath much easier and not need the o2 at all times. That is my HOPE for you my friend. Doctors do not know it all. Keep the FAITH my friend and always think the most POSITIVE.hug

Iona, Thanks for your comments over at the thread my friend. OK you can share the crown with Sue, she is my morning EA informer newspaper.Grin

Annie, I LOVE JOHN WAYNE, so there is no way anyone will replace him as Rooster Cogburn. The two movies follow the same theme until the end there are a couple major differences. I loved both, John Waynes True Grit is a Classic!

I love your cat and its love for Ruud and the broadcast! You need to take a video and post it on You Tube.Titter Great narration too.Smile

Lori, Beautiful winter photos and Great catch of the juvenile. It looks might cold were you are my friend. Rough-legged Hawk it is. I will have to change the post over at the thread. Lots of hawks and they all differ in small ways. Smile

Kathy, Good to see you my friend. Yes Birds falling from the sky is a big concern.Nodding yes

Starr, Beautiful collage of the broadcast, Ruud looks like he has been working out some.Titter

Anna, Great catch of the bigger fish taking a mouth full of the fish in front of him. I hope the smaller fish kicked into gear and got away from that big guy.Nodding yes

Nancy, What awesome photos you posted my friend. The Mute Swan reminded me of my family. I especially liked the cormorant and White American Pelican. Thanks for sharing them with us. Of course my favorite is Emma with the immature Ibis. I love her pig-tails.Wub

That is it for me, I'm off to find the BOTD.:hello:

Wildlife Photography, Nature Provides It And We Pass It On

Linda/HikerBikerGram

Joined May 12, 2009

"Not All Those Who Wander Are Lost"

Forum

Maryville, Il USA

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 10:54 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Mornin' {{{{{{{{{Nestlings}}}}}}}}} hug

What a let down that last night was real and not a nightmare. I wouldn't want to be any one of the guys on "that" team today.

last night...

Hey Iona, yeah it was tough keeping up on the chat but I did see Nanc catch Scott hehe. Thanks about the recordings I did finally get it with Jeans' help. I once again made assumptions that the newest would be at the top not the bottom and to boot I seen Kat and Lance on the top one. You should be coming across the collage Kat and Lance picked in your next ketchup I think. Niters to you too GF hope you slept well

awwww thanks for the nice hug {{{{Dede}}}} I hope you had a good night too.

I use to be like a sponge reading Nanc but when my eyes went berserk I stopped. Now all my reading is done online.

cute cards for Sue and Annie Starr and there's a book I remember! Jonathan Livingston Seagull

hey {{{{Candy}}}} I hope things go well for you today and that you feel better with your breathing. I'm so glad you liked the card I made you GF. Oh that's great that you're working on getting the hose stretched out. I forget exactly what we did to get ours so straight but it was super long and stayed straight. We just had to watch it is all. hehe to not having to guess where the blush goes, I guess that's true enough huh? I think it was on the weekend, maybe Sunday (?) when our temps plunged from those warmer temps to brrrrr. I love those sparkly snowfalls too and nooooo it wasn't just a dream! drat it all! I wish I could spank everyone of them! Since I can't I'll give them a collective one Click on image to download

Hey Scott! Thanks for the bears. Yeah Lynn is right we swapped out a buzz for a hum but hey at least we get to see them and that's good enough for me really but I do love the wee cub sounds.

Oh man Dede, that's the kind of guy that throws a sucker punch cause he's too much of a coward to give you a fighting chance. There just doesn't seem to be a bottom on how low people can go. Thanks goodness that most of us don't test the bottom

Hi and Niters {{{{Annie}}}}

today....

Thanks for our kickoff {{{{Jean}}}}

Mornin' Linda I see you thought the same thing about the guy as I did! Yes it's mighty cold but I think that's the case in part cause of how much moisture was already in the air when the temps dropped. I think we're heading into another snow marathon too. I'm glad you liked my pics GF. Oh so you agree now on Rough-legged, he really is pretty much identical to the one I got...well missed hehe. Yupper my friend I find hawks one of the toughest really cause they look so different but can still be the same one

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: CovingtonKat (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 11:01 AM EST  
CovingtonKat

Pink Flower Of The Day

WOOOOOOHOOOOOOO!

A delightfully delicious & darling dahlia!!! love Red Heart love

Click on image to download

HWF Member since March 2006.

Forum

Covington, WA

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Thursday, January 06 2011 @ 11:15 AM EST  
nonniejean8

wave Hello…can’t believe it’s Thursday already!

Good Morning, Linda….”Where The Three Rivers and Eagles Meet”…great.
Thanks for sharing, “The Broad-winged Hawk” as BOTD.
I have several friends & family members willing to help with repairs.
Finding a good time to get’em done…on both sides…is the problem...it will all work out.
Thanks for your concern, GF.

Cute Panda for our GOTD, SweetPea…thank you.

Red Heart Lori Red Heart…You’re welcome for the kick off.
Love your pictures…and agree to the brrrrrrrrrr…looks some cold out there!
Thinking I may get the oven…need to replace my car battery before I go anywhere though.
Grandson Terry is coming over this morning to help with that little chore...just got here...bb in a bit.
The ad says $89.00 ordered on line…free delivery…I believe. Store price is $99.00.
I’ve never shopped on line…so will probably go to the store for it.

Love the pretty pink Sweet William, Kat……easy plant to grow…mine are red.

Oh my, at the fate of so many bird & fish, Anna…happening world wide...so sad.
Glad you like the oven…pulled it up to check the price…seems to be a good deal.
So sorry to have missed the show.
Felt so tired & about to drop at 1:30 pm…thought I’d lay down & read a bit…woke up at 5 pm.
Show was over @ 4:00 pm my time. :oops:
Thanks for the biting salmon s’cap and Eurasian Jay pictures…LOL @ both sides.

Red Heart Sue Red Heart…Missing you…hope it’s all good on your end, GF. hug

Hi, Lil’…Thank you for the great day wish…also hope you had a great one.

Hello, Kathy…Great to see you, GF.

Hi, SS Annie…Sweet thank you, and Green LOL @ NW winning the shoving match.
Loved all the captures of that sweetie watching the show.
No chillin’s here right now & all going good in the family…thanks for asking.
G-Son Terry will be here in a bit to go p/u & install a new battery in my car...out dated info...Super T has come & gone.
This was the first battery since the car was new to last more than 1 year…made it almost 5 years.
Been holding my breath for the past 4…big surprise on NY's Eve.
Thanks sweetie…sure missed being at the show too…got caught snoozing.

Thanks for the great collage, Starr…know I missed a fun show.
Cute ready for NW shot. Smile
Sweet cards for Sue & Annie.

Red Heart Nanc Red Heart…Think I was close on that distance from here…Tx will know a lot better than me…
HELLO TX! Help emo
We’ll have to compare notes on our new ovens after we get them.
Noticed where Annie says she has that exact one and loves it.
Hope your ‘puter straightens up and flies right soon…sounds like you may have gotten its attention.
Love all your pictures…fantastic shots!
Sure would love to be able to reach in there and sneak a hug from Sweet Emma. Wub

Hello, Carolyn…What a fright that must have been for you…happy all turned out okay.

Hi, Bev…Sweet card for Candy and sweet of you to bring it over.

Hey, Dede…How very special that you & hubby made sure MIL could be with family during Christmas.
Absolutely love the story of your cutie G-Son & the berries.
Also the picture of him (AKA - Nature Boy) and his G-grandmother making the wine/gin. Grin

Hello, Red Heart Iona Red Hearthug

Hi, Red Heart SweetCandy Red Heart…You’re welcome…but oops, I didn’t mean to wake you.
Sorry Tom’s not too handy around the house…but glad he doesn’t mind paying to have repairs seen to.
I know you appreciated your friend’s help…glad you had that.
Bob said ‘something’ similar to me in his latter years…I told him that was just an excuse for being lazy. Titter
He got cured real quick when a bill for something very simple was triple the cost for the part…don’t even mention the labor charges. :blink:
Don’t think he liked it ‘much’ when I giggled, weeell, maybe it was more a humph sound along with a little Roll eyes.
I hope you’re feeling better today, GF, love you bunches. hug

Hi, Scott…I see you’re still smiling…I’m smiling with you. Smile
Thanks for the BB cam update…love the picture of Mama Lily Bear.

Wishing All A Nice Thursday. hug

And well over an hour later...about to click submit.
wave

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:49 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate