"FOR ME?! I KNEW THERE WAS A REASON I FELL FOR YOU"Red Hearthug

Click on image to download

Annie ~ April 2009

Forum

California

Profile     PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:01 PM EST  
MayLine

Carolyn What a scare your asthma attack in the car must have been! My hubs has asthma so I know what you're talking about. Glad you seem okay now! Reading your and Nanc's exchange about books this morning (I never saw her orig. post about authors), I admit I had to google "English cozy" Titter because what it brought to my mind was a "tea cozy" and I was pretty sure that was not what you were talking about Roll eyes I had never heard that "literary term" before....... My interest is piqued. I assume they are mysteries, set in a small English town, English characters, right? I should try reading a few of those as my maternal grandmother (Mabel Bunny, great English name, eh?) Titter came to the US when she was 16 from a small rural town in southern England. Mysteries aren't my usual fare -- I am more the type to read "The Road" by Cormack McCarthy or something dark and weird. It was fun to see you guys connect with some of the book interests you share!
Nancy..... cutie pictures of little Emma -- and the birds too! So happy to read good reports of your health scores! That is awesome!!!!!! Left thumb up

Thank you to those who offered encouragement for the situation with my MIL: I spent the past 3 days up with her. No final decisions have been made but there is plenty of stress to go around among her children. I am neutral and sticking to it Titter
Here she is Christmas Day (we had her delivered to our house in a limo because no one wanted to drive for 2 hours to get her and miss the grandchildren on Christmas morning - she loved it). My grandson, aka Nature Boy, had been on a walk to the park and gathered juniper berries. He came in the kitchen and announced he could make wine from them. "Gin" I said! Anyway, he grabbed two wooden spoons and enlisted great-grandmother's help in mashing the berries Rolling on floor laughing Then they mixed with water and generally made a big mess and had a ball. He always has some project going! Nodding yes
Click on image to download

Sue...... who's going to feed Lil Lucky for 2 weeks?
Annie..... Your cat is just hilarious the way he studies the computer screen - too adorable Rolling on floor laughing
Lori and Nanc............. so sorry about the Canadian loss at hockey! Reminds me of the humiliation of the Rose Bowl....Oh the shame

bbl w/ more ketchup. No longer putting all my eggs in one basket (er, post).....

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:05 PM EST  
yalitldevl

Hey Dede I just about missed you! Awww that would be neat for the limo ride to get her there. I'm sorry for all the stress and that's smart staying neutral in this tough situation. Thanks for the story and sweet pic love

Well that put my headache right over the edge mates!! I'm off to hit the sticks and hope to wake up to find that was just a nightmare and a not a real game.

Good luck tomorrow {{{{{{{Candy}}}}}}} Wub

sleep well loved ones and sweet dreams Wub sleepy

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: Iona (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:08 PM EST  
Iona

1/2/11

Hi Jean

Hi Ruud

Thanks for the points Jean. I didnít have many because I wasnít able to spend much time here, due to school & homework. Iím hoping to be on more often now.

Hi Sue You have probably already read my response on K-up, but I will let you know also, Iím doing the k-up for typing practice. I try to take breaks so I donít have any problems with my wrists, and so far itís just my eyes that get tired. Thanks for the concern GF.

Linda I love your comments on BJ, and I think you are right. Nature always finds a way to protect its own. Thanks for the BOTD.

PJ I Love the COTD

Hi Kathy

Jean I think thatís Lily in the pics you took. Going out to eat was fun, but shopping, not so much. Thanks for caring.

Lori I remember the multitasking comment now. I wasnít sure why Scott was getting whooped either until now.

Elle I couldnít find them in the video. As far as BJ, I guess what done is done and we have to accept it, but we donít have to like it.

Jean & Lori I just save Ruudís link in my favs, and when I go to it I click on the page I want to open. They are listed on the left hand side of the page. For replays click recorded shows, and Eagle Loverís is usually the bottom right corner.

Lori Sorry you are having trouble with the replay.

Anna great scaps

Sue My guess is because it was a special show that Scott got whooped on. I donít think it would have happened on a regular show.

Anna Love your old coot.

Hi Starr Sorry you were sick. Glad you are feeling better.

Lori I kind of like the top one better too, But they are both neat. I really like the third one. Cant wait to see what Kat & Lance think.

Judy great first try. Keep up the good work, and you pics will be awesome too. Lucy looks so cute in that pict.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO to the juvies Lori. I canít believe your little water fall. Be careful out there.

Starr Great collage of the show, and very nice poem for Kat & Lance

Hi Dede Thanks for your concerns, but I mentioned in one of my posts that Iím doing this for typing practice. I am keeping most of my comments to everyone to a minimum.

Hi Nanc

Nite Lori

Linda thanks for the crown, but I still think Sue should be Queen.

Elle Sorry about all the mess up on second Christmas dinner. Glad your son was able to come

Judy We have the polar bears on 1/1/also. They jump into Lake Erie.

Well Iím not done with the second yet, but canít do any more tonight. Love to all. Good Night.

Chardon Ohio
35 miles south east of Cleveland

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:10 PM EST  
MayLine

[[[[[[SWEET DREAMS TO YOU, LORI!!!]]]]]]] SleepySleepySleepy

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: grateful (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:15 PM EST  
grateful

Dede, that is a super picture of your MIL and grandson.

I love British mysteries. No violence really, short, can read quickly, no bad language usually, lots of humor. They are great to read if you work and don't want something heavy or deep ( I loved them while I was working). I still love them. I do read other books too! I just love to read. love

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: Eagle lovers fro (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:33 PM EST  
Eagle lovers fro

:hello:Sue.. From .Jonathan Livingston Seagull ...".For most gulls, it is not flying that matters, but eating. For this gull, though, it was not eating that mattered, but flight" ... We will be here when you get back g/f .... BIG... hug

Annie....Omg !! I love that pic!! .Red Heart........giggle...Titter

AFK~Starr

***STARR***

NEW VIDEO:..Share the love for Mom and Dad Hornby
CLICK HERE
NEW VIDE0~Sidney Nest.Mom and Dad nest building
CLICK HERE

Forum

NYC

Profile Email   PM

By: cockatiel (offline) on Wednesday, January 05 2011 @ 10:36 PM EST  
cockatiel

Tuesday,

Bev, thanks for the card and your thoughts. You certainly give me a reason to smile.

Carolyn, thanks for popping in and sending over your get well wishes. It makes me feel good.

Lori, what a beautiful and serene picture on the card and very nice words. Yup, we're going to try and see about getting the hose more stretched. Right now it is like a Slinky coil and bounces right back. I'm sleeping on the sofa now which is why the noise is right in my ears. Gonna work on something over the weekend so I can get back in the bedroom and have the machine stay in the living room. I laugh when I look in the mirror in the morning....I don't even have to guess where my blush goes because I have a line from the air hose thing that wraps around. Gives me a good line to follow. Roll eyes

Scott, interesting read about how Hope will react getting a little displaced. Seems like it will be a little cramped in there. I like the dual schnozzolas sticking out of the den hole.

Wednesday,

Thanks for the wake-up Jean. It was nice that Bob was handy at fixing things. I hoped I would be lucky and Tom would be handy, but it didn't turn out that way. He tells me that's why he works so he can pay someone else to do it. So, we have a special account put aside for those necessities. I had a guy friend I worked with that helped with a few things and he would help lots of people. His wife said she was happy he was so handy except he did for everyone else and not his own home. Rant: I was, however, glad for his help.

Linda, thanks for your sharing your knowledge of what would be ahead of me. If I don't like what they tell me, I'm going to refer them to you because I like you better. Smile You got some good shots of the eagle chowing down. Like the one where the food is ready to go down still in mid beak.

Laurie, thanks for the Wednesday Panda. Love those guys.

Kat, what an eye popping Sweet William.

Sue, perhaps by the time I type this you will not be here to read it. I will miss you and hurry back. Thank you for wishing me well.

Anna, birds in Sweden too? Something is definitely strange. I don't mind seeing the tail up of the Eurasian Jay as long as my mouth is not directly under to catch the poop shot.

Lil, thanks for your kind thoughts. I am also waiting impatiently for new offspring. But I will have to be patient, I have no choice.

Nancy, how enjoyable to be able to spend time with Carolyn. Always fun to spend time together.

Lori, brrrr, those pictures sure do seem like it is cold. Been that way here a couple of days. Had one very pretty light sparkly snowfall. Diamonds are a girl's best friend sparkle.

Kathy, I never thought of the idea that we're only 5 days into the New Year. Have to start somewhere with something. Wooh

Annie, sooner than later, NW is going to take over your typing replies with his little pawprints.

Starr, what a collage. I see I missed some new and interesting things that went on at Ruud's show. Hmmm, NW is thinking should I pick Rudd or should I pick treats. I think a little of each.

Carolyn, horrible to have an asthma attack. I could never imagine what that would feel like until now. It is not good. I'm glad you were okay and you were able to pull over. Angels are good at giving a strong push.

Nancy, I like the look those 2 ducks are giving you. Oh, seeing that swans nice feathers warm me up when I think of the cold. The ring necked duck sure is a funny looker. I didn't know Ibis were that small or is it just because he is young. If Ibis teach Emma to dance, make sure she doesn't lock her knees like he is.

Bev, you mean it's been awhile since you were 16? I would never had known. Shh I just learned a friend didn't have asthma until she was 50. Strange.

Cheering for hockey is going to push me and Tom to get to a couple of games for our home team, the Admirals. Tom got me interested when we dated. Loved to watch them fight, they didn't wear helmets, and funny to see their dentures get put in. Rolling on floor laughing

Dede, that is what terrific Christmas photo to have of your MIL and grandson and a nice story of what was being worked on together.

Lori, thanks and I'll see what happens tomorrow. Put your head on the pillow and the game will be just a dream.

Iona, you make me giggle every time I see your posts. giggle

Candy

Life Is What Happens While You're Busy Making Other Plans

CANDACE DIED IN OCT. 2016. SHE WAS A FAITHFUL DONOR AND SUPPORTED OF OUR EAGLE CAMS. ALTHOUGH SHE RARELY POSTED IN THE CAM THREADS, SHE WAS WELL KNOWN IN THE EAGLEHOLICS ANONYMOUS THREAD. SHE WILL BE MISSED.

Forum

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 01:50 AM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate