mmud

Mug of coffee Good Morning Mug of coffee

Friday ~ February 03, 2012

Forum

Chilliwack, B.C.

Profile Email Website PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 07:05 AM EST  
nonniejean8

:hello: Friday morning ((((( Dear Nesties)))))

Snow closure day for UD...a very rare happening...also one Terry & his cassmates will likely remember for years. In his words (past tense), "The campus NEVER closes."

Terry telling me all about it on our web cam telephone visit last evening...from his favorite on campus study area...the Doctor's Den. He was taking a break from studying for mid term finals...said he was so tired his brain was sore. :ds:

Click on image to download

He says this storm will bring more snow fall overnight (2/2/12) than all snow fall for the winter combined to date. High winds accompanying the storm make blizzard type conditions for the campus and large surrounding areas of Colorado. Denver is expecting anywhere between 10 & 25 inches before this blizzard type snow storm is over.
He didn't have an inkling the campus would be closed today...that's going to be a shocker for many this morning. Oh My He won't mind...more free time to study for finals on Monday. Smile

How are things going & looking in your areas, Dede & Donna?
Pray you and your families are staying safe and warm. hug

bbl with K-Up

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: MayLine (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 10:27 AM EST  
MayLine

wave Good Mornin' Jean,

Yessiree, our town is partly shut down (all schools) and there are another 8-12 inches yet to come. Denver Int'l Airport is a "ghost town." Few flights going out -- most are cancelled -- seeing as no one can fly in.
We're doing Mug of coffee then heading out to shovel. Not sure if Mr. Dede is going to get downtown. Mad He's taking a conference call here at home right now. My main worry is I am making dinner for our music director's family and supposed to take it over around 4PM. (I mentioned him before, I think, he's suffering with a brain tumor....) I just hope I can get ole Bessie out of the garage, down the alley, and out to a major street by then!

Here's the back garden early this morning:
my pots look like giant white gumdrops Titter

Hope Terry doesn't study too hard for the exams. Ooooh, not a good memory studying for mid-terms Don't Panic I still have dreams occasionally..... Nice he will have this extra day to study and/or sleep!

I'm definitely digging my snowshoes out of the closet and heading over to the park at some point.
I will try to take some more pics later in the day.
hug to all. Red Heart

"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
William Shakespeare

Dede
Joined HWF: April 2009

Forum

Denver, Colorado

Profile Email   PM

By: nonniejean8 (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 11:12 AM EST  
nonniejean8

:hello: Mornin Dede

Yessiree, I believe every word…and what a pile‘o snow on your back garden & picnic table, GF!

The pot plants do look like giant gumdrops…with a cupcake thrown in. Grin

Careful with the shovel…sure don’t want you or Mr. Dede pullin a catch in your git-a-longs. But do hope you can clear the drive to the alley and make it to a major street. Your thoughtful food delivery is a true gift of love for your music director friend & his family. hug

Terry tells me the main streets are heated from below to help keep the ice & snow cleared. It’s also that way coming up the drive from his underground garage…such a nice extra for this type weather.

Yep, those cram sessions are tough. Terry handles them well…stays ahead on them always…bet you did too.

Great about the snowshoes, park, and pictures…have fun...look forward to seeing them! Left thumb up

ETA: Just talked to Terry again...a snow day on Friday is no free from classes day for him...he doesn't have classes scheduled on Friday's this semester! Oh the shame

Jean
Joined ~ Friday 10/2/2009

Forum

North Texas, USA

Profile Email   PM

By: grateful (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 11:28 AM EST  
grateful

Jean and Dede, thank you for the terrific pictures showing us the Denver snowfall. Snow is so beautiful. Just wish it didn't mean dangerous driving, etc.

Jean, my neighbor came over early this morning and I showed her your scap of UD because her son lives in Denver. She of course was very interested in that!! Nodding yes

Dede, my neighbor is coming back in a little while (picking my pain meds up) and I cannot wait to show her your beautiful backyard. You are so nice to fix dinner for his family. hug If you can get out, please be careful and stay safe! love

Scott, thanks for our start. Enjoyed watching Estonia earlier. Still have it up hoping to see a fox again. Thank you for the coffee! Smile

Candy, sure hope this will be a much better weekend for you!

(((((((Lori)))))))

(((((((Sue)))))))

Nancy

Forum

Lakeland, FL

Profile Email   PM

By: txelements (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 11:39 AM EST  
txelements

:hello: Luvies.......hug

Going in @ Thursday afternoon but i recall from Wed. night, Scott's EC in Estonia Thank You..........& Thursday morning, Linda's Friends & Wildlife along the Rivers.:thumrht:.......as well as Anna's beautiful Holland castle pics; loved 'em. :-* .........& Ruud's Ride from Tweety. Titter.

Anna & Ruud........I love the trip down motorcycle memory lane. What a wonderful collection of pics. I especially like the pic in the second set where he's standing between the two bikes. It looks like he can't make up his mind which one to ride. Titter
The current ride is pretty cool, too! Nodding yes

Nancy......i know you're going stir-crazy, but keep doing the right thing to heal faster. hug

GHie Nonnie J......Grin

PJ.......wolf wolf to you, too. Smile
I predict your "arrival of sping" prediction to be accurate. Grin

hugLorihug........I read you had a bad Wed. & Thursday. I just came to Sweet Pea's pics and i'm gonna submit before i love on them. I sure hope i find you doing better once i get to Friday. Wub

Out To Florida. BBL. wave

~ I Believe ~

Naoma
North Central Tx
June 2009

Forum

Profile Email   PM

By: yalitldevl (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 11:46 AM EST  
yalitldevl

Mornin' {{{{{{{{Besties}}}}}}}}}} :hello: and thanks for mantles and well wishes. Today is far less painful but the damage is done. It won't take a whole lot of attacks like that to put me in a very bad position. I'm confused cause just when I think it might be working that happens. Anyway, I need to get carcass outta here as I have blood tests to get done. See how much damage this stuff is doing to my liver

Seeing the pics last night was soooo much fun! but seeing all that Denver snow not so much! NO

sweet {{{{Jean}}}} where oh where is my pics of my lovie Beau??? Wub it was great seeing Terry though

{{{{{{{{Scott, Judy, sweet Jean, Dede, Nanc & my Tx and all to come later}}}}}}}}} hug

I would rather spend my life close to the birds than wishing I had wings

We are by nature observers, and thereby learners. That is our permanent state. ~ Emerson

Forum

On Lake Huron,
Ontario

Profile     PM

By: anna-holland (offline) on Friday, February 03 2012 @ 12:02 PM EST  
anna-holland

Good afternoon all,

Laurie , glad you pict. where save after the blue screen. I saw that last year about 6/7 times....I get used to it. Ruud did some change and I have so far no problem.
A pity you don`t get a free day for Groundhog Grin indeed nice to have traditions.
What did you see much in a day on circle B. Yes, a Tri colored Heron, yellow around his eye and red/brown in the neck. Lol butterfly in the winter, suuure Grin what a beauty.
3fer pict. a turtle, yes, Glossy Ibis, yes and a snowy Egret, yes, even I did not see his yellow feet Grin Why do you ask? you know it perfectly well Nodding yes
Snowy Egret , yes, see his yellow feet Grin I sure can imagine the feeling that the alligator had that day.
The green Heron looks so small compare to the GB Heron. Nice colors.
Special mark the Bittern eh, can image in dry reed you don`t see him.
Eggs in Januari Chin everything is possible in such a hot country:dunno: Limpkin, also beautiful, great exposure on all your pict. Purle Gallinule has the same bill like the Moorhen.
All pict. where great for click them bigger, thanks for showing them.

Nanc, you are fast and good with Pied-billed Grebe, I did not know Left thumb up

Jean, a free day for Terry we also got snow this affternoon

Dede, Love your white backyard Red Heart take care :hello:

I saw a Magpie searching for food under the snow .....yes, we got snow :cheerguy: maybe 1 or 2 inch....thats it for this week they say...
dinertime bbl:hello:

"what you send is what you get"

Forum

the Netherlands

Profile Email   PM

All times are EDT. The time is now 11:45 PM.
Normal Topic Normal Topic
Locked Topic Locked Topic
Sticky Topic Sticky Topic
New Post New Post
Sticky Topic W/ New Post Sticky Topic W/ New Post
Locked Topic W/ New Post Locked Topic W/ New Post
View Anonymous Posts 
Able to Post 
HTML Allowed 
Censored Content 

?

Please Donate